• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

?Kairyu's Art Gallery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    ?Kairyu's Art Gallery!

Its about time! I thought I'd start posting my art here as well since there many artist around here.

I'll start with the picture of my avatar, it a larger (near the original size but not quite) version of it bascially. I was fed up using the same dragonite avatars day in, and day out so I cracked open my sketch book I drew dragonite myself, lol. I used the basic style, I sketched it, penned it, then scanned on the computer so I could color it and add a dazzling backdrop. I think it came out pretty good imo. I hope to do many more in the furture, maybe even take a request or two since I am on spring break (no school for seven days W00t!!.)

Picture links are listed here:

DRAGONITE NINJA!
    NINJA HAUNTER!
    Sketch of NINJA TYRANITAR!
    NINJA TYRANITAR!
    Sketch of NINJA TORCHIC!
    NINJA TORCHIC
    Sketch of NINJA VULPIX
    NINJA VULPIX (Byakugan eyes)
    Sketch of CHUUNIN PIKACHU!
    CHUUNIN PIKACHU! (dark background)
    CHUUNIN PIKACHU! (bright background)
    Sketch of Ninja Umbreon (revised)
    Ninja Umbreon! (afternoon)
    Ninja Umbreon! (midnight)
    Dragonite Sketch (DT's request)
    Dragonite (DT's request) finished!
    Sketch of Ninja Zigzagoon!
    Ninja Zigzagoon!
    Sketch of Ninja Sandslash!
    Ninja Sanslash!
    Sketch of Ninja Typhlosion!
    Ninja Typholsion!
    Mewtwo Sketch!
    Mewtwo finished!
    Sketch of Deoxys (defense form)
    Deoxys defense form Finished!
    Sketch of Ninja Spinda #1 - *NEW* as of 5/02
    Sketch of Ninja Spinda #2
    - *NEW* as of 5/02
    Ninja Spinda #1 colored! - *NEW* as of 5/05

ANYWAY, what do you all think? Critique me, bash me, or even give me a nice comment about it if you wish. I know I'm not the best artist here, so please tell me how I can improve! Thanks!

Last edited:

Kairyu

Years
    Thank you.
    Wow, you know about that anime? Nearly everytime I mention that, not one person says they've heard of it, lol.
    Yep, I got the head protector look from the Naruto series. I thought it'd look cool on dragonite so I drew it on there XD. If this catches on I may do this style on other pokemon. :rambo:

Years
    Yeah, I'm a big fan. And yeah, most of the time no one knows what you're talking about. Are you taking requests? I have a few requests... Anyways, how do you color it.

Kairyu

Years
    I colored my drawing through photoshop 6. Using the layers, filters, a paint brush, and a steady mouse XD. I guess I can do one request:). But I prefer sticking to avatar requests, its currently way too time consuming for me to do a banner request right now.

So! What will it be mister? Size? Which Pokemon? (I don't do human characters, I suck at drawing them >.<) Background color or Transparent? Any personal touches?

Kairyu

Years
    A random Pokemon? LOL, alright I'll surprise you. I'll have it all done by sunday or early monday (depending on where you live.)

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    Aw, u don't do human's? I was gonna request Brandon, but with his hair down. Since you're a Naruto fan, you'd know who Mizuki is from the 1st ep. His hair would be like that

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Cool! I have absolutely no suggestions, I think its really kawaii!! *hugs Dragonite* Very very very cute! I absolutely love Dragonites!!!! >D *glomps*

*dies*

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
    I told ya befour and All say it again :) That pic is sooo Awesome Keep up the Great work ! Love the shading and BG :)

Kairyu

Years
    Alright, my requests are FULL!

Hehe, thanks for the positive feedback everyone!
    FlamingTorchic said:
    Wow Kairyu, that Dragonite looks really great. I like how you have the light shining off of the headband part. :)

When you finish bna_li's request, would you mind taking a request of mine?
    I'm assuming you want one of Torchic, right? Any additions you want done to the request?

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Ohhhh, very cool! I didn't know you were so good^_^
    I have a question, what kind of pen do you use? I'm juzt wondering zince I alwayz uze a caligraphy marker but I don't think It'z very good for inking picturez-_-

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Kairyu said:
    lol, thanks for the boost in confidence bna_li!

What kind of pen do I use? I use the pigma micron art pens, I use sizes 005, 01, and 02 (that's 0.20mm ~ 0.30mm line width pens.) You can find these at most art supply shops.
    Have no idea what I'm talking about? This site should explain it: https://www.gellyroll.com/products/pens/pigmamicron/pigmamicron.html
    *ztarry eyed*
    so-many-Art zupliez!
    Thankz, Kairyu! Keep up the great work btw!^___^

Kairyu

Years
    A new picture uploaded!

You're welcome Teara, glad I could help!

Ok bna_li, I finished your random request. I hope you like it, its my version of a haunter XD. Naruto style of course! Same method in creating it was used, I even added a green tint to his eyes if you look closely. Let me know if you want it made into a avatar. Ah, I think this is one of my best pokemon creations I've made this year, w00t!!

Comments anyone?

Oh and of course, here's the link: NINJA HAUNTER!

...Now to get started on FT's request, hehe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back