• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    :eyes: a possible Lugia detective story to complement our Ho-oh one? i n t e r e s t i n g
    Accepted :)

That said, that concludes the 8 player limit for the RP.
    Guest RPers will be open eventually though! In the meantime, gonna change the tags to closed.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Quickest Update from the depths of hell :eyes:
    * Missions have been laid out for the first route (Pallet Town and Route 1 because they're smol places)! It's going to be a pretty slow start, and I aim to get that ball rolling as soon as we get past Viridian! If we get to Mt. Moon, things will definitely escalate, that's a promise. Whether it'll escalate in a way you guys remember in Kanto or not is still up for debate. Before everything else, yes, Team Rocket will be there. It wouldn't be Kanto without them, tbh.
    * I will be asking for Pokemon suggestions from players for the upcoming routes! How it'll work is that people suggest two Pokemon of their choice to me, and I put them all in an RNG bucket and RNG the lucky two. You aren't required to suggest a Pokemon, but if you're aiming for something but aren't too fussed if it's not there, try your luck here!
    * There will be regular, weekly interview questions for the characters. These interviews will act like the ones that interviewers regularly ask people in the games and you can answer with a word, but here you answer with a sentence or two or more... as long as you answer it. Like in the games, this will tie you to the world more should you answer them. It'll act like something you just hear on your Pokegears (If you have one great, if you don't, you'll be getting one as a mission reward option eventually) and ignore and then just remember that you heard it before from somewhere.
    * There's also going to be more things, as I mentioned in the server almost everything there will be experimental and I'll defs need all the experienced GM-help I can get ahaha.
    * Meta journey is now a thing. Join it. Go go go.

There's also been questions asked, and I'll be doing my best to repeat them here in this thread:
    Place Change duration
    There isn't a strict time limit (though I'm lowkey aiming for at least 2 weeks before I begin the questioning). It's been suggested to wait for at least more than half of the players to post (so in this case, 5 people) before asking if you want to continue. I'm going to follow that rule for now until I find a better option.

NPCs to use
    Anyone can use any of the shop and Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny NPCs and even create their own! The only NPCs that do need to run by me are the gym leaders (and possible higher ranked NPCs) as I do have some plot-related plans for them. Eventually there will be a pad or something to document this, but I just recommend this simple form (feel free to add/remove bits) should you decide to do so. This is to ensure consistency when talking to an already existing NPC or creating your own and wanting others to use them. This is what I'm going to be using as NPC sheets for the gym leaders (and other people) too.

Name:
    Personality:
    Brief Background:
    (Optional) Pokemon:

Do I really have to run every custom mission by you?
    I mean technically I can do yet another trust basis. :p But I would appreciate the gesture yeah. Just a quick measure though: if it seems like you wouldn't get to do or acquire something in the game at this point in time, probably better to run it past me. Or if you need to have a route closed off or something. Or want a giant Pokemon. (I did the third to Shak and Jay in Z...)

Moves for caught wild Pokemon?
    Same thing with your starter, but no egg moves are allowed!

Technically TMs count as egg moves
    No

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    hiiii i hope im not beating a dead horse by applying lol ^.^ ps can i just say im really enjoying magnificent magilous character.

Spoiler:

im not fancy and dont know anything about css. sorry if my su is an eyesore! lol

if i can, id like to call dibs on this veridian city mission:

An overzealous cop corners you and for some reason is adamant that you are behind the bombing. Find a way to convince them of your innocence or escape.

(also if i may make a request, i know veridian forest doesnt have any sort of waterfront in the games, but perhaps a mission involving a river with poliwags or a lake would be appreciated<3)

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hey there. Is it alright if I make a character to apply?

Edit: whoop, never mind, just saw you mentioned being at the 8rper cap ^^; sorry to bother you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey there. Is it alright if I make a character to apply?

Edit: whoop, never mind, just saw you mentioned being at the 8rper cap ^^; sorry to bother you!

EXTREMELY LATE REPLY (ITS BEEN TWO DAYS I HAVENT BEEN CHECKING BC USUALLY PEOPLE WENT TO PMS/DMS SORRY THAT'S ALL ON ME) BUT YES WHAT GIMMEPIE SAID
    pls go ahead and make your character if you're still interested!! <3

quick updates to this thing i still call an rp even though it's totally slow and steady
    - i'm opening up slots so :eyes:
    - i'm gonna be stricter (or laxer) on activity due to this fkdhasldjs like not being able to post for a month due to life is ok just say hello in the discord once in a while and state your intention and interest to continue and i shall continue it like the sucker that i am bc i rly have this thing together u know? that said those who don't do the discord thing i'm going to be assuming inactive and have their spots open for interested people fkahsjdl i am more active if players are active ok i'm,, activity feeder like that
    - YES THE MISSIONS ARE ONGOING THERE'S A FIRE AND ALL THAT and there's a plot ;) if u want in on the plot pls tell me and i can do my thing and integrate you in the plot!! that does legally bind u to the plot and ull have to be there for when it happens but im assuming. that's a given.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Alright :D I'll type up my character stuff when I'm home and have had some sleep :) I wrote out all of his stuff and quick doodled him in a notebook already :D

Also a quick question, as my character is the younger brother of an in game character that has no surname, should I come up with once for them?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Also a quick question, as my character is the younger brother of an in game character that has no surname, should I come up with once for them?

That's the general idea, yep! Also I'd just like to add that being related to the canon protagonists wouldn't be a good idea in this rp since they're... Doing things that probably wouldn't be mentioned in your SU. I'll have to see it to confirm anything though <3

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

~~~

Name: Alistar Palar, Refferred to as Ali by his older sister
    Family: Grandmother, Older Sister; Zinnia

Appearance: Standing at roughly 5'05, Alister is slightly taller than average for his age and has a slightly muscled frame. He has tanned skin, slightly messy black hair and sharp, crimson coloured eyes. Up his right arm are tattoos mirroring the markings that are on the Legendary Pokemon Rayqueza. Clothing wise he wears a simple black tank top with red accents, a dark grey colored short sleeved, denim halter jacket, a pair of khaki coloured shorts and a matching, tattered scarf that commonly covers his mouth. The final part of his outfit is a pair of black boots that are made to last and stop just above his ankle, covering a pair of dark red socks. Generally, his clothes have a very work appearance. On his left arm, he has a coiled, teal bracelet, styled after Rayquea, that bears a slot for a gemstone that is known as a keystone, much like the one his sister wears on her leg. When traveling he carries an old, brown messenger bag that is packed with only the bare essentials and a spare change of clothes and pants as he commonly forages for fresh berries and fruits for food. In winter his bag is more heavily packed with a warm blanket, and food that is easy to eat on the go and doesn't spoil easily.

History: Growing up among the Draconid people in Meteor Falls of the Hoenn Region, Alister learned at a young age the Lore and legends surrounding his home region. This helped to foster his love of myth and lore. Due to his Draconid heritage, he knows the many secrets their people have such as how their people sealed the Regis long ago and how to utilize the Power of the Legendary Pokemon Rayqueza if there was ever a dire situation where he must. That being said, those are the only two deep secrets he truly knows as he has only been deeply studying the lore of his people relatively briefly and was kept in the dark about the deep secrets as a young child to help prevent their secrets from falling into the hands of others. At the age of 9, he received an egg from his Grandmother that eventually hatched into his partner Endor the Trapinch a short while before his 10th birthday. While his sister stayed in the Hoenn Region, Alister decided to begin traveling to other regions to learn about the lore, Legends, and Dragons of the regions first hand, beginning in Unova. As he learned more about the Legends and their strengths, he decided to begin a gym challenge, traveling to Kanto to speak to Professor Oak about the Pokémon native to the Kanto Region with his two immediate interests being Dratini and it's evolutions as well as Eevee and it's uniqueness.

Goals/Interests/Dreams: To learn the myth and lore of all the regions and become proficient at not only training Dragon-type Pokemon but other types as well.

Strengths: Adaptable, Level Headed, Kind-Hearted, Energetic
    Weaknesses: Overly Stubborn, Secretive to a fault, impulsive
    Quirks: If very focused on a book or deep in thought he will sometimes chew on his lip or slightly stick his tongue out at the corner of his lips.

Personality: Alistar is a naturally secret boy and overly stubborn which causes him to come off as aloof and close-minded at times. This clashes with his kind-hearted and adaptable nature as he is the sort of person to try and help others if he can and will do his best to adapt to new situations and environments. Despite being level headed, if it comes to something involving his interests he will leap before he looks which has led him to trouble more than one time in the past. Due to an abundance of traveling on foot, he commonly has the energy to spare and has taken up rock climbing when he has the time to get out some of the energy and reach high points where he can easily see the stars.

Spr_5b_328.png

Starter Pokemon: Trapinch
    Nickname: Endor (Means Brother/Sister; Companion; Twin)
    Moveset: (egg move) Earth Power, Bite, Faint Attack, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm usually iffy on character with canon character relations, but this one is actually relatively mild enough (and does work since Zinnia never mentioned anything about family) to not hurt the original plot in mind, so that's out of the way-

There are some things I am iffy about, before accepting your character.
    1. Your character immediately has a keystone, which is actually something I planned for later on in the story :0 If you could remove that and just reget it later as part of your own personal plot (mission), maybe?
    Due to his Draconid heritage, he knows the many secrets their people have such as the sealing of the Regis and how to utilize the Power of the Legendary Pokemon Rayqueza
    I'm trusting you not to abuse this information :B However, right now I would be limiting the things you would know about Pokemon secrets to the ones located in Hoenn, and the ones that would be directly tied to the Draconid heritage. This would mean Jirachi, Manaphy, etc. would still be a mystery to you, while Rayquaza, Kyogre/Groudon, and perhaps Deoxys? Could be fair game (DM me if you want more specifics on this). This is only if you accept not to use this knowledge to "summon" these legendary Pokemon whenever you feel like it (again, DM me if you feel like you need specifics on this) ahaha
    3. The goal you put does not necessarily match the history that you gave. :') You went to Kanto to speak to professor Oak about dragon pokemon, but want to also be an expert in the other types? It's really minor though, so that's probably just me!
    4. Overly stubborn could be a strength too. If you could add an additional weakness to your character, that would be great. <3

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Went through and did some of the edits on my phone and I think I covered everything? (Switching to my laptop so I may do a few more edits)

As far as the Rayqueza part it's very likely he would never use it as it was more of an input to add uniqueness to his character and he isn't the type to ever try and use a legendary unless the world is ending x'D and I edited a bit of what he knows to just Rayqueza and how the Regis were sealed long ago, nothing about being able to call them :3 He was only 10 or so when he'd left to travel to learn more about the world so he hasn't learned all of his people secrets yet and probably won't for a few more years ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Went through and did some of the edits on my phone and I think I covered everything? (Switching to my laptop so I may do a few more edits)

As far as the Rayqueza part it's very likely he would never use it as it was more of an input to add uniqueness to his character and he isn't the type to ever try and use a legendary unless the world is ending x'D and I edited a bit of what he knows to just Rayqueza and how the Regis were sealed long ago, nothing about being able to call them :3 He was only 10 or so when he'd left to travel to learn more about the world so he hasn't learned all of his people secrets yet and probably won't for a few more years ^^

Yep, those edits and the clarification is solid to me <3 Accepted!

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just saving this here so i have it

BlueStar_20px.gif
    Aberdeen - Viridian City
    152MS.png
    060MS.png

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years

• wub_zpsuxylbwh0.png
    Charles Lapis

Appearance: Charles Lapis is a tall, slim individual. It's a trait he inherited from his mother, his father is more muscular. He has magnificent blue eyes, which are the most recognizable feature he possesses. His ears are short and rounded, while his nose is pretty average. He has thin lips, usually positioned in a grin. His face gives away how he's feeling and he's usually up to no good! His eyebrows, too, are thin and lay underneath his blue hair; this genetic feat comes from his fathers side. It is styled in an upwards position and looks windswept. Charles' father often comments how it's too long, but the teenager loves having it long. His jaw is pointed and he possesses a slender neck and frame.

In terms of attire he usually wears a hooded sweatshirt, coloured golden primarily, with burgundy red accents. It was a gift from his father from when he turned 13 years old, and while it wasn't too big for him, it now suits him down to a tee. Underneath is weather dependant, when warm he likes to not wear a shirt, opting instead for a tank top; plain in colour with pink tie dye markings. When things are cold, he opts for a grey, plain, long-sleeved tee. Covering his legs are a pair of jet-black skinny jeans, with a rip in the left knee, Charles demands that people know it's the fashion but it actually happened when he tripped over a Geodude. On his feet lay a pair of sneakers, brown and worn. They're just too comfortable for him to replace. He carries a green backpack to carry essentials.

History: Charles was born and raised in Blackthorn city, to parents Lucas and Brie Lapis. Lucas is tall, and stocky being very well built. He was very interested in the lore of Dragon type Pokémon, especially the story of Unova. He also focused on forming a team of Dragons to make his fantasies come true. He travelled around the Johto region with his Horsea, eventually having a team consisting of Kingdra, Dragonite, Dragonair, Gyarados and Charizard. Overall, he collected 6 badges before retiring from the League Challenge. He still battles to this day and has high hopes for his son. Brie is a woman from the Sinnoh region, gracing from Solaceon town. She is a tall, slim woman with golden-brown waist length hair. She was a very loving and supportive mother for Charles to grow up with, the only flaw you could fault her with was that she was a tad overprotective. She is very old-fashioned and has some out-dated tendencies. Brie loves the art of breeding, and has links to the Day Care in Solaceon to this day. She is a published author on the field of breeding for the healthiest/strongest Pokémon.

Due to his mothers tendency to be overprotective, she didn't allow him to travel out as a trainer at a young age. He was instead sent to the local Pokémon Trainer School so that he would develop physically and mentally before he would be sent out into the world. School, however, had more of an adverse effect on his maturity; his inner-prankster developed more and more by the day and he never applied himself. He was a bright kid, but only really focused on what he seen as important (like battling), he had next to no interest in some other fields such as contests etc. He was quite popular in school, but not having a Pokémon of his own prevented him from reaching "Prom King" material. His father, on several occasions, wanted for him to have a Pokémon of his own and even offered the boy a Horsea, which his mother immediately rejected. Charles completed his exams and received, barely, above average grades. His mother still didn't want him to go out on a journey 'till he caught Umbara.

When Charles brought home a stray Slakoth his father jumped for joy! The pride in his eyes spilled into tears, he laughed and pulled his son in for a tight hug. His mother was less than pleased but after a substantial debate Charles and Lucas triumphed over Brie. Relunctantly, she came to their line of thinking. "If you're big enough to go on a journey then why not go to Kanto?" Brie questioned. Charles grinned back, he was going to the region where some of his favourite battles had taken place. He was being given the freedom he always wanted, but was still close enough that Lucas could be around in his Dragonite in no time if there were an emergency.

Goals/Interests/Dreams: (Don't worry, it doesn't have to be Pokemon Champion) (Goals and dreams can be different. Your goal may be to be the best Metapod Pokemon Master, but your dream can be riding a huge shiny ****ing Magikarp) (Just saying)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Quirks:

Starter Pokemon: (Any basic stage Pokemon that has three stages in total) (If you do three stages the first stage Pokemon is a baby - e.g. Pichu, you start at Pichu)
    Nickname: (Yes, you can name your Pichu Bulbasaur)
    Moveset: (Any moves they can naturally learn by levelling up, up to six, with one egg move - so that's five moves with one egg move)

Still not quite finished. Thanks for the patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ayy, can't wait to see it!

just quick old updates from the depths of hell aka 12:40 in the morning and my laptop battery is at 20% so i'm making this quick
    - secret mission is now unlocked, don't worry it'll be unlocked for quite some time so you can do what you guys do (jps etc) or just ignore it altogether! it's just a mission. reward is ??? as usual
    - back to basics apparently has a poliwag cult now; people who join are required to choose between poliwrath and politoed with reasons why (im jk) (but dont be surprised if the icon changes from time to time)
    - ive been rethinking on some stuff and might need to clarify a bit more on the stuff, doing some missions will make the plot go smoother. however that is completely optional. you might also receive some rewards that might not seem important at this stage, like keystones, old bones, etc. i myself have no clue on all of the rewards that i'm doing which is why i gave you guys freedom to make custom missions should you want ahaha but do keep them in some place so you don't forget. you can also use them whenever you feel like it (but remember, if consumables get used then they disappear from your inventory)
    - speaking of rewards you can choose how you get the rewards. you can get it from someone nearby, as a gift, or just have it magically arrive in your inventory never to be questioned ever again. it's completely free for all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You heard if from the GM. Magic is canon.

Back