• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kotone's English Name

How did you feel about Kotone's Official English Name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I actually laughed when GymLeaderLily said "Harper" (sorry Lily), but I guess that could work out too with some effort.
    It doesn't sound right in my ears though. I didn't even know Harper was a first name at all?

It's okay. I assume you haven't seen a show called Wizards of Waverly Place. One of the characters on that show has that name. I didn't hear of that name up until that show first aired. That's where I got the name from. XD

Since both Hibiki and Kotone's names mean sound, maybe their dub names will be "sound" related? Like how Dawn and Lucas' Japanese names mean light as well as their English names.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! :D (My first post of 2010!)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • "Lucas" means "Light"..?

In this case, let's have the girl named Melody (sounds better than Harmony imo) and the dude can be Harper :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Actually.. naming her Kristen would fit, and I wouldn't mind. xD

It sounds close enough to Crystal to not be too random.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    i think her name should be katie or harmony,it would really go well with her look.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • The only time I heard harper in a name was a last name (Charlie Harper) lol

anyways I think her name is Heart i saw it in a trailer i think

Anyways i doubt nintendo would do melody or harper but it sounds good

First post in 2010!!Yay 2010!! (random)

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • I googled "Kotone" and this is what I found:
    Harp and sound; noise. The koto is a traditional Japanese plucked stringed musical instrument.
    So im guessing its either Harmony or Melody or maybe they will stick with Kotone or maybe even Soul. Who knows...

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Hey, just because she's named "Kotone" in the Japanese version doesn't mean she isn't Kris. After all, Gold is called "Hibike" now, but we all know that they're one and the same.
    Yeah, but the fact that they're confirmed to be different characters means that Kotone isn't Kris. (Doesn't stop me from considering them to be the same character, but they're technically different.)

Even though I knew a girl named Harper when I was younger, it still sounds to me like a boy's name.
    And while I do usually like boys' names on girls, the concept doesn't work for me on Kotone. She's too girly-looking. Maybe they can name Gold Harper. (But he'll always be Gold.)
    I think they'll go with Melody or Harmony. Kristen fits quite well, I think, but I still think they'll keep the sound theme.

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
  • I think most people would prefer kotone, just so there isn't another name to get used to. people hated all the sinnoh pokemons english names when they were first revealed, but now nobody minds.

KopaKura

Soul searcher
    Years
  • I wish it would be Soul, as that's now what I'm so used to calling her, but I doubt it would happen.

Kotone or Melody would be great.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Her name won't be Soul for two reasons.
    1. She appears in anime.
    2. Unlike Leaf, she's a NPC in the games.

I hope they don't reuse Melody. That would be terrible. Kristen sounds good to me even though they may stick to a musical name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back