• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kotone's English Name

How did you feel about Kotone's Official English Name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I think Kotone's english name should be Kelly but Harper is good name for her too

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    What about the new turquoise-haired Rocket Executive? What'll his name be? Surely, they won't keep it as "Lance." I've been calling him Roger, as in "Roger that!," and because of its similarity to the word "Rocket." Also, the baseball player William Roger Clemens was nicknamed "The Rocket." Apparently, there is also an astronaut from the Apollo days named Roger B. Chaffee.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    old personish in my terms means that names like felicia or helena make kotone sound like a old woman. like i said i think she looks like a kelly but also a harper.is it possible around next thursday that pokemon.com will reveal her name? and about lance, i think his name suits him cuz of the satellite that went into space a few years ago, i think. though i never heard of lambda. he looks funny

Last edited:

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    They would probably keep the Executive names from the original Gold and Silver. But as for Kotone, Melody might be cool ^^

GoldvsRed

Years
    They would probably keep the Executive names from the original Gold and Silver. But as for Kotone, Melody might be cool ^^

The Executives didn't have names in G/S/C, unless you're referring to Keane and Chermaine, their manga counterparts. It would cause a lot of confusion if they named TWO characters Lance, especially if they can appear at the same time (Mahogany Rocket Hideout).

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    well since the executives didnt have names in the originals, nintendo made a reference to diamond, pearl, and platinum and named the executives after satellites, like mars from team galactic is named after planet, so the male was named apollo and the female was name athena. then to even the # of rocket executives with galactic admins, they added to others, lance and lambda.

having 2 people with the same name is confusing.

"Athena: Lance! You made me lose to that brat!"

"Lance: Thanks KOTONE. You helped me beat Lance and Athena."
    Thats alot of Lances...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The named Team Rocket executives after rockets, not satellites. Because it's a pun. Lance will likely have his name changed to a different rocket.

But, for the topic. I love the name Melody, but as has been pointed out, a major character in the Second Movie was named that, so I'm leaning toward Harmony (which I prefer anyway.)

But what about Hibiki? He'll likely get a new name as an NPC. If it's Harmony, then Hibiki can also have something to do with music... but what? Possibly something to do with Pitch or Dynamics... But, I can't think of anything.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I think they should keep her name the same, after all, one day, Pokemon USA will run out of English names because they pretty muched used all the cool names up on the Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and Evil Team Leaders, and all the lame names on NPC Trainers that you only battle once and never fight again, when the ones you CAN fight again are the ones with the REALLY LAME names such as Bob or Jim, for the topic, I liked it when she was still called Soul, after all, we can't call her Marina, as Kotone is apparently not Kris, whom Nintendo seems to deny the existince of, and Hikibi will probably have a diffrent name than Jimmy, as Nintendo seems to deny the existence of the Legend of Thunder special as it "does not have Ash Ketchum as the star", not to mention that Jimmy was called "Yoshi in the Japanese version of the special, but they can't use that name because it's already used on another Nintendo Character, yes, I'm talking about that gluttonous green (actually multicolored, but green is the main focus) dinosaur(s) that baby Mario rides on backwards, now back on topic, I personnaly like "Katlyn" for Kotone, but as someone above said, we will only find out when the Kotone episode of the anime is dubbed and released on February 6th (unless Serebii manages to get the name first as Serebii apparently gets all the latest news before everyone else)

GoldvsRed

Years
    I think they should keep her name the same, after all, one day, Pokemon USA will run out of English names because they pretty muched used all the cool names up on the Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and Evil Team Leaders, and all the lame names on NPC Trainers that you only battle once and never fight again, when the ones you CAN fight again are the ones with the REALLY LAME names such as Bob or Jim, for the topic, I liked it when she was still called Soul, after all, we can't call her Marina, as Kotone is apparently not Kris, whom Nintendo seems to deny the existince of, and Hikibi will probably have a diffrent name than Jimmy, as Nintendo seems to deny the existence of the Legend of Thunder special as it "does not have Ash Ketchum as the star", not to mention that Jimmy was called "Yoshi in the Japanese version of the special, but they can't use that name because it's already used on another Nintendo Character, yes, I'm talking about that gluttonous green (actually multicolored, but green is the main focus) dinosaur(s) that baby Mario rides on backwards, now back on topic, I personnaly like "Katlyn" for Kotone, but as someone above said, we will only find out when the Kotone episode of the anime is dubbed and released on February 6th (unless Serebii manages to get the name first as Serebii apparently gets all the latest news before everyone else)

They wouldn't call them Jimmy and Marina, anyway. They don't refer to Red and Green as Ash and Gary, do they?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    no i cant see hibiki being named Forte or something. maybe after the sinnoh league ash dawn brock ursula zoey nando paul barry and team rocket will go to johto to compete in contests and the battle frontier and they will meet jimmy from pkmn chronicles and he will be in his HGSS outfit. in fact they might even see kotone and kazunari again. possibly may and misty

now back to the topic i think kotones english name should be kelly. does anyone agree?

Last edited:

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    Bonsly
    Kelly? Hm .. I dunno .. D:
    I still like Melody. It sounds cute. 8D ;

Masterge
    Oh god, they won't call them Bob or Jim. I hope. D8 ;;

Years
    In my game, I'll name her Ashley. If I get both HG and SS, I'll name her Mario in one of them to make Kris fans point and lol via wifi. XD

I would like to know what her dub name is before I write fanfics about her. I remember back when Hikari was first announced. I called her Haley in a comic that I made. I also made a sprite of her with Gary Oak long before I knew that Dawn would fangirl over him in the anime. XD

Earlier today, I watched "The School of Hard Knocks," and I noticed that Kotone looks like Giselle from Pokemon Tech except Giselle's hair is down and longer, but the top part of their hair looks similar.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    Well in the Japanese anime she did a play of words on her name, so I'm guessing in the English dub they'll give her a name she can also do a play of words on. If not, it will be lame :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    well since her name means "sound of harp" her name wud most likely be Harper in da anime. harper hasnt been used b4 so it wud make sense if her name is harper

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I really doubt it will be Kotone. They don't keep the Japanese names unless it fits, like Erika, and Kotone isn't a common name in the US. I think it might be Melody or Harmony, keeping with the music theme in the Japanese names.

Good idea! I really like Melody, even though I think Kotone's English name should sound more like her Japanese name (Kotone).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back