• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Landorus vs [Thundurus] vs Tornadus

Landorus, Thundurus or Tornadus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Landorus vs [Thundurus] vs Tornadus

TORNADUS VS LANDORUS VS THUNDURUS

This Weekly Poll is being switched back up a bit with a 3 VS 3. I've had such a stormy weekend that this just had to be called for. To me these three are portrayed as built up frustration that they let out within the weather aggravating Mother Nature so she bans them from channeling these signals of anger and sorrow they keep within themselves but let out on our lands across Unova. However these three have too much power for Mother Nature even though she doesn't listen to anyone because she likes to only listen to herself and be stuck up so she doesn't believe they are right in any way...but that's besides the point.... So these three fight amongst themselves battling against each other letting out these strong fields of power willing to accept that they are stubborn but will keep on playing the field because they like to stand up for themselves. And at times they work together, their powers reunited. Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus are more than just their power but they bring it out on Unova to let others feel how it is to be them, and everyone hates their mood being brought down but that isn't the Weather Trio's ideal point. If everyone would stop pretending they know it all and "know what it takes to break down the trio", would then the trio stop bringing their dark feelings onto others. But since that just doesn't seem to be happening they choose to fight against each other, which brings down Unova's peaceful atmosphere for maybe the trio doesn't need your smart remarks but your help and your support. Landorus always believed himself to be a leader and so he overpowers the two in certain battling areas. However Thundurus wouldn't stand for this madness and works out of his way to defeat Landorus even though deep down he sees him like an elder sibling. Tornadus often feels left out but tries hard to control the way he thinks, but when he can't control it he takes it out on both of them and so the 3 vs 3 starts. They work in a fierce way but deep down inside, they have really soft feelings too. Reach them.

ANYWAY, WHICH ONE OF THE THREE WILL IT BE?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    TORNADUS.

I consider myself a leader but really, Landorus drives me crazy in OU, and Tornadus is actually fun to use in rain. Plus... Thundurus is ubers, so lack of use. :(

I used to like Thundurus first btw, but competitive changed meee.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    I felt the want to pick Landorus, mainly because his moveset and typing really appealed to me, minus the 4x weakness to Ice.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Landorus for me. Trio master is trio master. Also, I have to agree with the whole, it not roaming thing.

Design wise, I suppose Thundurus is quite awesome looking.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I just love that Tornadus means that there's finally a pure Flying-type Pokemon. The others aren't 'bad', per se, but Tornadus just has that extra edge accordingly.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Design wise I like Landorus the best, BUT he gives me so much trouble in battling that I'm gonna vote for Thundurus who did us all a favour by getting ban :>

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
    Tough one, almost went with Tornadus, but eventually had to go with Landorus on this one. Like a couple others said, the fact that Landorus isn't a roamer helped with my decision on this one.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I like Landorus... he finds a lot of use on my sand team :D Such a powerful sweeper.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Uh wtf@that intro, lol.

Anyway I don't play with any of them but I think Thundurus looks coolest. Tornadus' colors are terrible and Landorus is just boringgg.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Because of my past in the 360 days of Battlefield, I'd be more of a boss than a thinker/leader with my very unique playing style for that and Halo. So Thundurus would fit my description of who I am. Plus, I love the crackling lightnings, the look is just amazing. So another reason to go with Thundurus

And finally.

Best looking of the trio of course. BOSS!

Years
    I voted for Thundurus cos I love its color scheme and it looks cooler than Tornadus or Landorus. Plus it has awesome typing that it only shares with Zapdos, Emolga and Fan Rotom.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I never used any of them, but I might go with Thundurus because it's a bit more versatile than Tornadus when it comes to Prankster (priority Thunder Wave).

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years
    While I never used any of the 3, but when it comes to design Thundurus wins for me. Mostly cause of the blue and that weird tail it has.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Even though I can't vote (already did on my alt) I just want to say that Landorus is still the best. ;] Thundurus and Tornadus seem awesome in battle though. Trying to catch them/RNG them is a real pain.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
    I voted for Thundurus. This was a really hard choice since i hate them all but i looked closely and Thundurus is my fave, cause he doesn't have yucky smooth hair and ugly octopus tentacle's like Tornadus. And he doesn't look as stiff as Landorus. Lol. xD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Landorus for me. I love it's design, and its really cooler than the other two. He's like the head of a mafia gang, with Tornadus and Thundurs as his members.

Back