• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
after some courage and advice, I end up trying to make digital arts!

This is just one piece from some of the trials.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
My recent work. Hope you like it
-------------------------
Drayden
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
Hello everyone! I want to join in on this art stuff here. I've been wanting to join in for a long time, but man, I suck soo much at drawing. I used to have a 'pixel art' thread here a long time ago but less said about it, the better...

Anyway, I'll cross post this drawing I published on the web today. Since I have nothing better to do on my birthday, might as well show people what I love doing in secret all the time! I need more things to draw honestly, I keep drawing the same things over and over again lol. If anyone wants me to draw something, Visitor Message me or something and maybe (no guarantees here) I will draw something for you, no money needed! It's not about the money for me after all, at least not yet :p

Spoiler:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Hello everyone! I want to join in on this art stuff here. I've been wanting to join in for a long time, but man, I suck soo much at drawing. I used to have a 'pixel art' thread here a long time ago but less said about it, the better...

Anyway, I'll cross post this drawing I published on the web today. Since I have nothing better to do on my birthday, might as well show people what I love doing in secret all the time! I need more things to draw honestly, I keep drawing the same things over and over again lol. If anyone wants me to draw something, Visitor Message me or something and maybe (no guarantees here) I will draw something for you, no money needed! It's not about the money for me after all, at least not yet :p

Spoiler:

i think your drawing skills are fine!
nice one! i would love it if you could draw something for me :)

created a total different and new layout for my shop
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364803
would love to hear you guys your opinion :3c​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
i think your drawing skills are fine!
nice one! i would love it if you could draw something for me :)

created a total different and new layout for my shop
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364803
would love to hear you guys your opinion :3c​

Yes, of course! Just VM me and I'll draw something for you ;). It's just that, all I've drawn are only my own characters and it's getting pretty boring lol. I want to draw fanart or someone else's character, the former is hard for me because I have ADD when it comes to fandom.

I like the shop's layout too. Never knew about the old one though so I can't give an opinion on that. Hmm... it's been years since I last had a signature so maybe... ;)

Anyway, I'd been drawing something within these past three days. Figured out how to do shadows in Photoshop and experimenting with highlights than just form shadows. It was supposed to be a meh, whatever practice piece, and usually I'd draw monstrosities with this mindset. For some reason, it didn't turn out that way. It turned out great!

Here it is:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
Arceus gijinka
Spoiler:

Swanna's evolution
Spoiler:

Charmander and Tristana(from League of legends)
Spoiler:

Mega Braviary
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I'm a gr8 mod who forgot about doing the drawpile today YEAH SO
I'm gonna try same time tomorrow, but bother me on discord anytime tomorrow and I'll host it whenever people have time. ;w;

EDIT: Drawpile is up for whoever wants to join! Room: adfun pass: pc

Last edited:
Years
Arceus gijinka
Spoiler:

Swanna's evolution
Spoiler:

Charmander and Tristana(from League of legends)
Spoiler:

Mega Braviary
Spoiler:
Yo, you have super nice line work, with the variations of line weight and shadows! However, because of the brighter colors in your gradients the Arceus gijinka loses its facial details. :C Unless that was the intention? It's just the yellow is very bright and harsh to the eyes with a white background! Overall, neat stuff!
mAN ALL THE DOUBLE POSTS

Drawpile was fun even if I messed up the time! <3 Sorry about that.

Spoiler:
YO it was super fun, can't wait for the next one!​

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019

Yo, you have super nice line work, with the variations of line weight and shadows! However, because of the brighter colors in your gradients the Arceus gijinka loses its facial details. :C Unless that was the intention? It's just the yellow is very bright and harsh to the eyes with a white background! Overall, neat stuff!

YO it was super fun, can't wait for the next one!​
Yes, it was my intention originally. THanks for your opinion, I will make the later pictures easier to see

Years
Y'ALL art wars are happenin and aaaaaaaaaa it looks super fun!

Also since it was Killer's bday, I kicked photoshop open to make a tag. I'm rusty, I know, I haven't done this for years but it was fun! I'm tired now, aha! Hope you had a good bday, dude!
tumblr_o9km3kKP8D1tittlho1_500.png

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Thanks ! Well I like that signature thou, it's simple and beautiful dark. That's a great birthday gift for this year I guess, thx!

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
nYOZrgY.png

Using this as a base for colour as part of my assessment, which will involve this redone as 100% scratch, along with other things that aren't all Pokémon related so I don't look like a massive dork. For reference, this is the one from like 6 years ago that inspired me to redo all of this:
FG.png

pls r8

Years
Those look pretty good!

We WILL be doing a Drawpile tonight! It's for 8:00pm est, like always, Discord is the best way to get on in here and troubleshoot any connection problems!

Edit: Drawpile is LIVE

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
So of course I jump straight to A&D after saying I'll improve my activity a bit lmao. I must say, I do apologise to everyone in A&D for pretty much straight up ditching you all, but seeing you as moderator now Nina makes me smile, as I always thought you were a better candidate than I was in the first place. Well, I'll get to refurbishing my gallery/shop in a bit. Then I'll have to stay a while wont I? XD

Years
So of course I jump straight to A&D after saying I'll improve my activity a bit lmao. I must say, I do apologise to everyone in A&D for pretty much straight up ditching you all, but seeing you as moderator now Nina makes me smile, as I always thought you were a better candidate than I was in the first place. Well, I'll get to refurbishing my gallery/shop in a bit. Then I'll have to stay a while wont I? XD

Yes! You'll have to stay awhile!! and help revive art school

And awww thanks ;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back