• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • Lately I began to try out some colouring on my ongoing drawing and somehow it looks awards a little bit it just great.

I am very suck at colours. :s

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Zappy started a graphic of the week thread, if I remember correctly! But I think Johnny is going to do something cool along those lines too. I'll let one of them come in and fill out the details on that cause I'm lazy, but I think something like the might exist or will very shortly!

(and if not, you could always start one! don't be afraid! <333)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Hopefully Johnny's will go better than mine xD

On another note, going semi-hiatus on PC now due to university starting up again and looks like this trimester is going to be a heavy one. I'll still be here because PC is my No.1 procrastination site next to tumblr, but I'll mostly be on discord,twitter and probably skype.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hopefully Johnny's will go better than mine xD

On another note, going semi-hiatus on PC now due to university starting up again and looks like this trimester is going to be a heavy one. I'll still be here because PC is my No.1 procrastination site next to tumblr, but I'll mostly be on discord,twitter and probably skype.

Good luck dear! You can do it! I'm in a similar position myself, I've just been so busy lately! Oddly enough though, now that I really *shouldn't* be on PC, I find myself sneaking online to make quick posts now and then. I swear I clocked in more posts these past three days than I did all of two weeks ago haha.

Oh oh oh and everyone who is interested in graphic design, I posted two new resources in the Art School! One of them you may have already seen, but the other one I just finished like a minute ago! n_n These are kinda big threads that I've been meaning to get up for a while now, so I hope everyone likes them or at least finds them useful!

So if you guys get a chance check those out and lemme know what you think! <333 I hope to roll out a few more too, but only once I'm back from my leave.

Also completely off topic but @killer150 I like the color you added to your signature drawing. 8)

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • sadly my drawings in previous years are in textbooks.

Uh my arts were crap like 3 year old kid XD.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey, we all have to start somewhere. No one came out of the oven as an immaculate artist. We all worked to get where we are now and you should be proud of your improvements! :D

Also changed the DCC title. Idk why just felt like it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Close! It's actually French. It means "art for art's sake". Here, wikipedia said it better than I ever could:
    "Art for art's sake" is the usual English rendering of a French slogan from the early 19th century, "l'art pour l'art", and expresses a philosophy that the intrinsic value of art, and the only "true" art, is divorced from any didactic, moral, or utilitarian function.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • So recently I got some of my drawings posted in Imgur and I got some positive feedbacks. I think as long as the drawing fine, it would be a good art for people to view it.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • do you guys think there is anybody around here who takes requests for free? xD
    i mean anybody with like drawing skills lol
    or is everybody like; i got skills and so i want to see some money if you want something from me{XD} - which i can understand.... i just , i am a poor little girl :|
    and i am jealous and i would love for somebody epic to help me out with something :3c​

Years
  • do you guys think there is anybody around here who takes requests for free? xD
    or is everybody like; i got skills and so i want to see some money if you want something from me{XD} - which i can understand.... i just , i am a poor little girl :|
    and i am jealous and i would love for somebody epic to help me out with something :3c​

The answer is yes, some people are willing to take requests for free.
    However, you're not going to get somebody epic to take a request for you. It's probably going to be someone new or still developing their skills.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    do you guys think there is anybody around here who takes requests for free? xD
    It would be possible to get some for free from someone who's feeling generous too. But that's highly unlikely. "Epic" artists get asked to do stuff for free all the time, and they're probably exasperated of it and will not respond kindly.

I wish I could do art for free. I'm such a bleeding heart myself. But that would be unfair to the people who paid for my stuff. And even though I have all the free time in the world, my work is very very time consuming. I think that might be the case for other, actually "epic" artists as well. (I don't claim to be epic; but people are willing to give me money on occasion.)

All you can really do is either find someone inexperienced (as Nina said), which is probably not what you're looking for, or find someone who works really cheap. (I've seen a few on Deviantart who have relatively cheap prices) Money's tight, I know that really well. (I barely make any taking commissions myself, I have others supporting my existence) But if it's really worth the epicness to you, ya gotta save that stuff up.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    There's also the option of raffles- I know a lot of my friends who are really intense artists sometimes hold raffles where they give away like, bust drawings for free if you win. (I mean the chances of winning are pretty slim but it's better than nothing?)

Some artists (like me!) take requests during livestreams too, if you can catch them when they're streaming on picarto or joinme. But at the same time- maybe you could post exactly what it is you want done so the artists here can gauge whether it's easy enough to warrant it being done for free or not? :0

I actually do requests a lot but only if I'm interested in whatever it is the person wants. The reason my commissions are so expensive is because I abhor drawing things I don't care about and so my prices are set high enough to deter people from asking unless they really really want something specifically from me in specifically my style haha

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • thanks for the tips you guys
    appreciate it

well i was thinking of a pikachu or a panda or something else cute... eating a biscuit:pink_love:
    i haven't given it much thought yet because i know it is probably impossible for somebody with real nice skills to be willing to help me out haha​

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Lel I have a visual for that, yesterday I was drawing Pikachu and it turned out not so well... But cute.

EDIT : Pebbles I will help you to get a drwaing for that ;)

well i was thinking of a pikachu or a panda or something else cute... eating a biscuit:pink_love:
    i haven't given it much thought yet because i know it is probably impossible for somebody with real nice skills to be willing to help me out haha

Well I just done a small sketch here about Pikachu, sadly there's no biscuit but instead a surfing one. Hope you like it, if you want to add more things just tell me :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back