• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
  • Lel I have a visual for that, yesterday I was drawing Pikachu and it turned out not so well... But cute.

EDIT : Pebbles I will help you to get a drwaing for that ;)

Well I just done a small sketch here about Pikachu, sadly there's no biscuit but instead a surfing one. Hope you like it, if you want to add more things just tell me :)

Spoiler:
    wow you got skills
    them waves are real nice, good job
    thank you for wanting to try and help me, i appreciate it :)​

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • This thread has some very interesting people on it :) Well I'd drop by Art and Design since well I do some GFXs and some sprite editing as well..

Oh and some people are sharing some drawings... well I have some "work" but I consider them to be doodles:

Spoiler:

What happens when i remember playing way too much Ragnarok Online. I'd improve on these doodles one day.

If someone asked me if I ever did any drawings of girls, I'd say yes, but they were all bad. I did try though, and I was doing this during class by carefully looking at the girls. Also Rob Liefeld and I have something in common.. we are bad at drawing feet.

I do somewhat better with my sprite edits though. One of my randomly generated sigs and my userbar should give an idea on my still meager but hopefully developing art talent. Then again i'm here to learn as a novice in training.

Sample here:
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Arnold Schwarzenegger, sprite edited from Duke Nukem

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Kallen from Code Geass, edited from Metal Slug's Eri. Combo with a friend who did the texture work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This thread has some very interesting people on it :) Well I'd drop by Art and Design since well I do some GFXs and some sprite editing as well..

Oh and some people are sharing some drawings... well I have some "work" but I consider them to be doodles:

Spoiler:

What happens when i remember playing way too much Ragnarok Online. I'd improve on these doodles one day.

If someone asked me if I ever did any drawings of girls, I'd say yes, but they were all bad. I did try though, and I was doing this during class by carefully looking at the girls. Also Rob Liefeld and I have something in common.. we are bad at drawing feet.

I do somewhat better with my sprite edits though. One of my randomly generated sigs and my userbar should give an idea on my still meager but hopefully developing art talent. Then again i'm here to learn as a novice in training.

Sample here:
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Arnold Schwarzenegger, sprite edited from Duke Nukem

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Kallen from Code Geass, edited from Metal Slug's Eri. Combo with a friend who did the texture work.

You should make a gallery you silly thing! Those doodles are great. :) If you want to learn more about art I definitely recommend checking out A&D's resources too.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Gosh you played Ragnarok online ? Wow you sir is totally awesome, I found another player here Lel.

But anyways nice doodles you there and I really like the three characters :)

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Well after the success of Darkrai drawing, I try to draw Lugia but the difficulty is kinda hard, the body fail the most parts but the head of it still satisfies me. What do you think?

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • There's something about Lugia that makes it so difficult to draw perfectly. The simplicity of its body structure. Its like drawing the perfect circle, everyone including myself tilts at it. As for that Lugia mugshot, his "eyepatches" if i remember should be longer as it go beyond its head area, which is why i thought i didn't see a Lugia for a few nanoseconds.

While I pass the time and think of my "art gallery debut" since I need to start out strong if ever I'm going to stand out with the rest who have made theirs, here's me failing at drawing as simple as Yukkuris for everyone to have a good laugh at :)))))

Spoiler:

Years
  • Announcement:

Art School Changes

As you know, we started an art school awhile ago! We had varied success, but the biggest problem is was with overall activity. PC is a hobby for most, so many times tutors or members had to take break and it slowed down the class. (also aiden left ;w; )

So we're going to be redoing the way art school works! It will still work in that we will have tutors who are want to help teach people, and students signing up, but classes will be sorted by type, not by tutors. So if two people are good at pixel art, both tutors will be working within the same thread, and all classes should be designed to accept students on a rolling basis. This way, students can come in, work on a project on their level and get feedback, and be able to come back later and get feedback from which ever tutor is active.

With that in mind: I've removed most tutors and all current classes are canceled. I will be giving notice to everyone who was interested in the art school thread of the change to gauge their interest, I will also be using some of the previous thread for the new areas. The reasoning for this is that there is previous work and resources already in those threads will provide a good examples of the type of work we're trying to do.

So!

tl;dr Art School is being revamped!

We need more tutors!
    (feel free reapply if you were a tutor before)

Don't be scared, you don't have to be a master and do it alone, you can work with others. Anything that can be taught has a home here. : ) I'll be updating the threads in the next few days, but go ahead and go over here to state an interest in an area, or reaffirm you're sill here! I'll be making an actual thread to announce it when I get everything consistent.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Interesting announcement there Nina. Its nice that we have talent to provide some tutoring for those who really seek them.

Anyway:

I just started to draw some VERY ROUGH sketches on what I'll be posting soon. I took a good look at everone's ACTIVE galleries and it seems that I seriously need to ramp up my game if I were to stand out. A lot of people have drawn cute things, cute people, smexy people, and of course Pokemon (No ship, Xhin!).. i'll leave one clue or teaser for ya'll since I'm so excited to make my gallery:

Spoiler:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Oh I saw the tutoring threads coming, and I thought I'd drop by to say great work. I'm always happy to see people trying to help each other out, and good on you guys to be trying something like this!

Years
  • Oh I saw the tutoring threads coming, and I thought I'd drop by to say great work. I'm always happy to see people trying to help each other out, and good on you guys to be trying something like this!

Thanks! That means a lot!
    And what you said the the mega design for Daily, when I post some sketches here I'd love to have your input on the designs. c:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I guess it is a good question to ask here, are weapon drawings prohibited to display?

I did some fine weapon drawings but I have some doubts when posting them due to violence elements.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I don't see anything wrong with drawing or making illustrations of weapons since they are usually works of art on their own. I mean just look at some ancient Chinese weaponry such as Dragon Spears and Cross Pikes.. I think as long as its not like the weapon itself is doing something violent against another thing like a Spear stabbing someone in the face XD

I was about to draw some Borderlands inspired fire-arms as part of my WIP Gallery (still in progress, forgive me Arts and Crafts people) along with my sketches of monsters and demons.

Years
  • I guess it is a good question to ask here, are weapon drawings prohibited to display?

I did some fine weapon drawings but I have some doubts when posting them due to violence elements.

There shouldn't be any particular reason you can't draw weapons. At long as they aren't..gruesomely killing someone, I wouldn't think it's a problem.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Hola VG i mean Art and Design I'm currently on my current state of lulzartists'block (as if I'm an artist right?) so I'm wondering what would be a decent like design for a certain character that I could like draw or illustrate..

So, i already thought of a few characters i had in mind, these are the ones I've done so far which I will provide illustrations of these badass muthas soon (along with my gallery of adawable monsters)

Spoiler:

So i'm stuck between a typical Samurai chick with glasses and long black hair who wields a HF Blade (HF NOT-Muramasa) along with a pair of dual glock19s (ehemnotsaya) or a tomboyish chick who wields nunchucks and miniature grenade launchers to be part of the "team".

So yeah, anyway, i was looking at my Photobucket to see what would trigger me to actually start holding my pens instead of just smashing my keyboard and mouse and look what i found:

Spoiler:

I remember doing this years ago. I guess i was on steroids at that time.

Last edited:
    Years

• Got a sketch for mega rose design! I thought about it become more...night/evening party like? Tuxedo mask..y?

Spoiler: the huge damn thing for johnny i hope you like flowers
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Tentative color ideas, and gives Johnny a better idea of what is what in my crazy sketch.
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

The greens are totally going to change, just placeholder, but the flowers/purple...Purple better reflects it's poison, the union of the bouquets, and gives it a better color scheme focusing on on less colors, however it may stray too far. What do we think?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Got a sketch for mega rose design! I thought about it become more...night/evening party like? Tuxedo mask..y?

Spoiler: the huge damn thing for johnny i hope you like flowers
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Tentative color ideas, and gives Johnny a better idea of what is what in my crazy sketch.
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

The greens are totally going to change, just placeholder, but the flowers/purple...Purple better reflects it's poison, the union of the bouquets, and gives it a better color scheme focusing on on less colors, however it may stray too far. What do we think?

That looks great, lets go through it a bit design wise.
    1) Roserade gains a flower petal cloak
    2) Roserade's feet gain boots (kinda)
    3) Roserade's original cloak now covers more of Roserade's front

While I do see the progression of features in Roserade's initial design, I feel like not enough has changed. Looking at Roserade's evolution line, it's essentially the life cycle of a flower, in a way.

Perhaps incorporating thorns would be a cool concept. Roses are generally accompanied by their thorn filled stems and I can see the thorny-vine concept feeling more "intense". Making it seem like a wild rose than a personal trimmed one would probably add to it's design since currently, Roserade is kind of a "filled" Pokemon, as in there's not much room to add things into it without cluttering it.

I do like the flower on it's head being more hair shaped, and boots/legs thing you have going on in the design. I just think that if you show this to someone who doesn't use/see Roserade much, they'd mistake this for fan art of Roserade, rather than a mega evolution. So this drawing is a great initial step, but it's missing real distinctive features or any further exaggerations.

I hope that makes sense.

Years
  • That looks great, lets go through it a bit design wise.
    1) Roserade gains a flower petal cloak
    2) Roserade's feet gain boots (kinda)
    3) Roserade's original cloak now covers more of Roserade's front

While I do see the progression of features in Roserade's initial design, I feel like not enough has changed. Looking at Roserade's evolution line, it's essentially the life cycle of a flower, in a way.

Perhaps incorporating thorns would be a cool concept. Roses are generally accompanied by their thorn filled stems and I can see the thorny-vine concept feeling more "intense". Making it seem like a wild rose than a personal trimmed one would probably add to it's design since currently, Roserade is kind of a "filled" Pokemon, as in there's not much room to add things into it without cluttering it.

I do like the flower on it's head being more hair shaped, and boots/legs thing you have going on in the design. I just think that if you show this to someone who doesn't use/see Roserade much, they'd mistake this for fan art of Roserade, rather than a mega evolution. So this drawing is a great initial step, but it's missing real distinctive features or any further exaggerations.

I hope that makes sense.

You're right about Roserade being a "filled pokemon". There is already a lot going on.
    Hmmm, but just not sure how I can make so...MEGA I guess. I do agree adding thorns might fill in some details, but obviously that's not quite enough.

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I also threw a quick doodle together but it deviates greatly from Roserade's original design which doesn't strike me as something very mega-y based off of the mega designs I know of (like, charizard and salamence... are the only ones I know haha) But hope it helps the brainstorming along, if this is still a collab type thing! o/

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Nice Roserade, romantic (?) somehow?? Hahah, that's great.

Btw, I tried to make my Twiggy friend happy by drawing a Noivern for him. Here's the sketch.

Spoiler:

Claws not included.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back