• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Las Vegas, latest, most deadly mass shooting in US history

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Death of innocents is always sad, no matter how many times it happens. I don't see how you cannot feel anything about people dying, just because it happens again and again.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Death of innocents is always sad, no matter how many times it happens. I don't see how you cannot feel anything about people dying, just because it happens again and again.

For some reason I feel more emotion towards the deer that get hunted every year

Yeah I've got serious mental issues, it's hard to relate to something like this when it didn't happen to someone that I know
Also I've only been getting 3-4 hrs of sleep so I'm a little tired

Last edited:
Years
Well the problem here is this guy passed his background checks, so...

Man, maybe background checks weren't tight enough? Maybe restrict the amount of ammunition, I dunno. Maybe any one regulation wouldn't have stopped someone like him, but I think American society needs to take a stand against the culture that feeds gun violence, and some stricter, sensible regulations could be part of that.

Years

Because nothing is being done about it.

Do i feel sad? Of course I feel sad that it happened, but I'm also generally stoic because, as lopunny pointed out, we've been in this same cycle for years now, and we're still in the same place, in 2017. This shouldn't have been an issue ever since Sandy Hook, but nope. "Muh second amendment" conservatives are too busy pistol whipping Congress to act with a shred of morality, so there's that.

It's fine if you want to heave and vomit every time something like this comes up. That's a completely normal reaction. What's also scarily becoming the new normal is feeling stoic because it happens so much that you just.. expect it to happen.

Last edited:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years

Do i feel sad? Of course I feel sad that it happened, but I'm also generally stoic because, as lopunny pointed out, we've been in this same cycle for years now, and we're still in the same place, in 2017. This shouldn't have been an issue ever since Sandy Hook, but nope. "Muh second amendment" conservatives are too busy pistol whipping Congress to act with a shred of morality, so there's that.

It's fine if you want to heave and vomit every time something like this comes up. That's a completely normal reaction. What's also scarily becoming the new normal is feeling stoic because it happens so much that you just.. expect it to happen.

Very true, with all of the fucked up stuff happening in the world you just come to expect it instead of acting all surprised that it's happened

Years
I don't know too much about this just yet, but I honestly can't bring myself to feel anything for those harmed by the shooting anymore. It happens so often that I've just used up all the sympathy I had.

What I do feel though, is disgust. This has been the state of affairs in the US for too long and with a conservative government, incompetent president and NRA lobbying to contend with, I doubt that's going to change. Especially because the more it happens, the harder it is to care. That means that it's harder to make the change.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
The next Democrat president should, on day one, sign an executive order saying that the NRA is a terrorist organization. Then when politicians take donations from them, they are taking donations from terrorists. Watch how fast that well dries up. Only then will we see change. Eliminate the NRA, then we can begin to get to work.

Years
I think one thing that doesn't often get brought up is the enablers. I saw a brief interview with the shooter's brother. The brother said the shooter was not a "gun" person despite knowing that the shooter had several guns. The brother didn't seem to connect having several guns to being a shooter.

Background checks are one thing, but I think it's the mindset of Americans which is the biggest problem. Too many of us think nothing of someone having a bunch of guns. Obviously having guns doesn't make one a terrorist, but I know that if I found out someone I knew was buying up lots of weapons I'd want to tell police.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019

I'm not heaving or vomiting, I agree with you, more people need to work on how to prevent killing of Innocents. People die everyday and more needs to be done. I'm just saying not feeling anything about the shooting because it's regular is concerning

Years
LAS VEGAS—In the hours following a violent rampage in Las Vegas in which a lone attacker killed more than 50 individuals and seriously injured 400 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Monday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. "This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them," said Iowa resident Kyle Rimmels, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world's deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. "It's a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn't anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that's what they really wanted." At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as "helpless."

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-...tm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Back