• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
Years
  • Thirst, by the Korean director Park Chan-wook.
    It fas weird, funny, but overall dark. It was pretty interesting, actually, I liked it a lot.
    If any of you know this, it is based on Émile Zola's novel «Thérèse Raquin».

Years
  • Recently I saw "J'ai tué ma mère" at school, a film that was mainly about some gay guy's difficult relation with his mother. Unfortunately it wasn't completely restricted to that and contained some very brain-bleach-desire-inducing explicit scenes.

Seriously, I think all kinds of scenes showing the use or misuse (far more common, children either already exist or they never will in most cases) of reproductive mechanisms should be expelled from all media except those solely existing for that purpose - everyone can live without them, but there will always be someone grossed out.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • Just got back from seeing a British indie film called Submarine, based on a coming-of-age novel. T'was good; it had a 500 Days of Summer vibe in its tone and humour but without all the gimmicks, and manages to rise above most of the cliches inherent in the story. It comes out on June 3rd in North America, and I would recommend it.

I personally can't wait to see that movie! A friend of mine and myself are suckers for those sort of films...anyways...

The last movie I saw (which was acually some time ago) was Inception. I instantly fell in love with it, but I just wasn't satisfied with the ending or even the overall story. The concept was wonderful, I just almost wish it would of been based around different events.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Just finished watching Lost in Translation which was a thorough let down... Everybody I know who's seen it said it was hilarious, and yet only one bit I found funny and even then it wasn't amazing comedy...
    Storyline was good, I felt it was constructed really really poorly though, especially like the cinematic elements like soundtrack and stuff which was non existent in a lot of places it could've helped.

This movie has gotten so many good reviews, so I guess I'd recommend it, but personally I did not enjoy it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I saw Grown Ups on HBO yesterday. It was pretty good, even though I heard it wasn't that good. There were some immature jokes, but there was also some pretty funny humor too.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Watched Taxi Driver with Robert De Niro for Cinema Studies at university today! It was pretty good, on first watching it was really random and like a bit confusing, but when we started talking about the cultural aspects and social themes within the film, it all made perfect sense!

Strongly recommended, just remember to think of it as a reflection on society and culture!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Just finished watching Lost in Translation which was a thorough let down... Everybody I know who's seen it said it was hilarious, and yet only one bit I found funny and even then it wasn't amazing comedy...
    Storyline was good, I felt it was constructed really really poorly though, especially like the cinematic elements like soundtrack and stuff which was non existent in a lot of places it could've helped.

This movie has gotten so many good reviews, so I guess I'd recommend it, but personally I did not enjoy it.
    I always thought I was the only one who was severely let down by LiT. Everyone else I know loves it, yet I can't shake the feeling that it felt really smug in pretty much every facet of it's being. I remember Bill Murray being good, but that's about it.

Anyhoo, just rewatched Dr. Strangelove and have completely fallen in love with it. I'd forgotten just how airtight the script is, not to mention the brilliant performances by Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden and Slim Pickens. Definitely a must-see for all fans of satire, as well as an example of how diplomacy can go soooo wrong!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I just got back from seeing that new movie, Paul. It was extremely funny. :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Just watched Sucker Punch yesterday. Crisp look of a Zack Snyder movie. Plot is weak, but I didn't go into the movie theatre expecting an Oscar Nominee haha. If you like an action movie with hot girls and beautiful cinematography, go see Sucker Punch. See it for what it is, not what it should have been.

I still find it funny that Vanessa Hudgens is in it though. lolol

HyugaKunoichi

Banned
    Years
  • Saw Sucker Punch myself. Seemed like a prolonged videogame trailer. Terrible acting and writing, but I guess people don't go to movies for that anymore.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Saw Inception and Shutter Island back to back. They're both great, I like the plots in both.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I last saw The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. It was quite an enjoyable movie! However looking back on it, the story doesn't seem that engaging or really original or groundbreaking or anything, however in the moment, it was a fun movie to watch and thoroughly entertaining!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back