• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years

Y'all are out here playing 3D chess? I'm still struggling to be good at 2D chess. Any game requiring me to stop and think is one I am not gonna be good at...

I'm on my way to bed, keep your hands off my win at least until I wake up?

Days
    That 3-move checkmate is a dumb play were people randomly expose their king by moving wrong pawns which doesn't requires any effort:

1716354964189.png

You can clearly see the dubious play of moving pawn via f7-f5 and g7-g5 !!

I'm on my way to bed, keep your hands off my win at least until I wake up?
    Your victory is locked behind this :

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years

Good morning I am sleepy.

I can relate to that feeling. There's a few games like Smash Bros that I've pretty much stopped playing entirely because it was frustrating to play against people so much better than me and lose constantly. Doesn't feel fun for me anymore which takes away my motivation to play it more to get better. Vicious cycle.

Years
    I don't play videogames against other people anymore. They'll mock you when you're new and inexperienced with the game and when you practice a lot and have gotten good at the game they'll call you a cheater as now it is you who's owning them.
    I haven't played any pvp in a videogame since 2007 roughly. Too many annoying people around in games with that kind of mp =P

Days
    I had learned most of my chess playing alone against Stockfish Chess Engine, with ELO adjustments. Though I am not a grandmaster, but love seeing the patterns there. Once I used to keep Chess Books to know the starting patterns. If you see the live matches, the chess players don't even think playing first 10-14 moves, because the pattern exists to keep the game balanced. And anything out of that order causes loss of points, which bites in the middle game due to lack of positional advantage.

The PvP which I play (if possible) is Pokemon GO, and there is no chat function there, luckily, and the battles also last for 180 seconds. I like only two kinds of game, the one which makes me to think, and the other which doesn't makes me to think. I don't like to grind for collecting resources that much.

I still remember the in-built game of Android Lollipop and Marshmallow, which was flappy bird game, and I liked to play it. Even the Dino Jumper of Google is fun to play when internet is not working !!

To me games are meant for recreation, rather than achievement, hence any game that gives me relaxation is fun for me.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    If you see the live matches, the chess players don't even think playing first 10-14 moves, because the pattern exists to keep the game balanced. And anything out of that order causes loss of points, which bites in the middle game due to lack of positional advantage.
    This is interesting to me because given how long Chess has been around, and how popular it's been, you'd figure it'd become a solved game by now. Like the idea that with Tic-Tac-Toe, if both players know what they're doing, a game will always end in a draw. But Chess is something that people still play and still engage with to this day. I think that's really neat.

I feel very similarly, while I like to do as much as possible in games I enjoy; I've never understood sticking with a game you're not having fun with for the sake of getting trophies or achievements.
    I've been doing this less and less in recent years. Usually what kept me going was the idea that the satisfaction I'd get once I completed a game would counteract how frustrated I could end up getting if I was going after some harder achievements. I said to someone recently that I enjoy achievement hunting because it can get me to play a game in a way I normally wouldn't consider, or experience something new in it.
    Nowadays, there have been some games where I definitely don't think they're worth it, and I've been trying to let go of the idea that I need to finish every game I start because of wanting to say I've experienced the entire thing. I do think that as long as it's not something that's poorly designed, I'll have more fun going after certain achievements and that most of the time, getting those achievements makes me feel satisfied and worthwhile. I just tend to only complete everything in games I already love and want more out of.

Back