• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    Guys I think I might have done an oopsie (or maybe I'm the oopsie? Idk at this point)

So yesterday I went to an extracurricular English class (I'm not a native English speaker, and classes like these are kinda mandatory so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) that was just me, the teacher and this other person. There came a point in the class that I was talking to my teacher (very nice guy, we do talk in class sometimes when there is nothing else to do, just like what I'm narrating) and something happened that just might have triggered something in my brain and I just… started… traumadumping on my him about an old school I went to for years? For some reason? And not like in the kinda devastated, depressing way, no, I was saying it like "Oh, yeah, my teachers kinda manipulated me and my class emotionally and put a lot of pressure on us when we were kids lol :)". I took a pause in talking for a while and my teacher, with a concerned face looked at me and said something like "Are… are you OK? Do you, like, need a therapist or something?". And I said "Nah, I'm fiinneeee, you don't have to worry about me". I also glanced over my other classmate, that is normally quiet and doesn't really talk to me that much and just saw their face in complete HORROR as I said more and more about my experiences. After ALL of that, at the end of class, I apologised to my teacher for making him hear all of that out of nowhere, and he was like "Oh, no, it's completely fine, you don't need to bother apologising to me. …You do seem to have some odd built-up anxiety, though. Seriously though, I'd really recommend you a therapist or something, this doesn't look healthy." I said that I was fine though, and I thanked him for being understanding. I apologised again and we both left.

And now, I'm reliving this whole scene and it got me thinking… Am I ok? Is it all fine? What the heck happened back there??? What in the world is going on with me????? I feel kinda bad for making him and my classmate hear all that even after I apologised to them. Am I a bad person? Or am I just broken? JUST WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??? I'm just so confused.? I think I'm an idiot.

Anyway, I win. :>

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    I'm not a Psychiatrist, but it does seem that you have some unresolved anxiety stemming from your old school. If you're taking this extracurricular English class through a university, perhaps you could swing by the counselors office and talk to them about it?

This class is not from any university, and the counsellor's office at my school doesn't really do this kind of service I'm afraid. Thanks for the help though

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    And now, I'm reliving this whole scene and it got me thinking… Am I ok? Is it all fine? What the heck happened back there??? What in the world is going on with me????? I feel kinda bad for making him and my classmate hear all that even after I apologised to them. Am I a bad person? Or am I just broken? JUST WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??? I'm just so confused.? I think I'm an idiot.
    Even people who are completely ok can benefit from talking to a psychologist/therapist. Especially in times like these. It's a good option to learn more about yourself. And if you have some trouble that need working through, they'll definitely let you know, too.

Years
    You are certainly not a bad person nor an idiot, nor broken. We all need an ear to listen from times to times, so I encourage you to talk about it to those you know and love. As someone who went through stuff who left me stressed, I can assure you talking about what bothers you can help, and make you feel better with time.
    *Big hug*

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    School is evil no matter the country or time huh ... =P

YEAH LOL

And I'm kinda mad 'cause the school where I had all of those bad experiences was from a country that had actually good education level, the school just happened to suck. And also the school I am in now is WAY better than my last, and it's on a place where education isn't really that great. How ironic.

Days
    Barring those few toppers rivalries and and general hate for me among the students of my class, my experience in school was decent.
    I did enjoyed that phase, and it helped me to learn few traits necessary in life.

Life was so simple back then; only I needed to do was study, play, sleep, project, vacations, etc. No worries, no rush !!

But nowadays there are some additional responsibilities which I also need to take care of, and also I had begun to worry about future.....
    Seems that I need to again turn back the clock and start to think like how I used to do in the past as school kid.

Days
    I've pretty much already forgotten everything from the courses I didn't care about in school and who's knowledge I rarely ever need if at all.
    Exactly this !!

It never feels that what we study in school will going to help us that much. I remember that there were lots of geometry theorems, which we were needed to solve in the exams. But as soon as school got over, I never really felt the use of them apart from making trivial judgements nowadays.

For me most boring subjects were History and Social Studies. And hence I am happy to forget them.

But then, looking at this from different perspective, one could say that school subjects serve us the options in order to decide which career path we are interested to choose, hence apart from our desired path, pretty much else gets discarded with time.

Back