• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
Years
  • a League Thread!
    any 1 up for Poro-King? or perhaps just some normals~ Wud love to have some games w/ members on PC~
    My ign is 'JustJeff' btw

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I get back tomorrow from my trip, which means that I'll be able to play LoL again on a regular basis. I'm going to be training up for the start of the new season. I plan to wait a week before I do my promo games, since that's what people have told me to do. I want the best position I can get!

My goal for this year is to get to at least Gold II. I can see Gold V where I'm at right now, so hopefully I can make it. Another goal would to actually find people I know in real life that not only play LoL, but don't completely stink at it. Not to be rude, but it seems all of my friends only know how to play one role, and they don't do it very well. One of them is a jungle main who gets executed at least five times every match and considers this normal and what's supposed to happen.

I'm also thinking about changing my theme to either Galio or Alistar to kind of celebrate the start of the new season. I can't decide.

Years
  • I think it will start in January or February, not sure exactly when.

A famous leaker(that also leaked Kalista, URF, Gnar and Yasuo) leaked that URF will return on the New Year. How many of you can't wait to see if this is true?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Aatrox killing himself in about 10 seconds. Sounds fun. Riven infinite shields. As Selly said, lawnmower hecarim. Nidalee spear hell. Rengar 10000000000 qs in 2 seconds. Talon almost always stealthed and blinking everywhere. But my favorite, the men, the myths, the legends: Beyblade Tryndamere, Garen, and Darius.

Playing Rengar in urf: Jump someone, spam q as many times as you can 1 second, break keyboard, replace broken keyboard, repeat.
    Playing Tryndamere in urf: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerwqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Garen: QWEQEQEQEQEQEQEQEQEQEQR
    Darius: EQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQR
    Riven: ERAAQAAWAAQAAQAAWAAQAAWAAQAAWAAQAAWAAQAAWAAR
    Aatrox: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE dead

the tryndamere thing broke it
    dont worry about it

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I think Galio would be fun, so he's going to be my first try.

Or maybe Alistar for the endless cc.

Urgot would be cool too, with all of those Q's.

But then again, Sivir has that long range boomerang that deals crazy damage.

I can't decide.

Talon

Years
  • I think Galio would be fun, so he's going to be my first try.

Or maybe Alistar for the endless cc.

Urgot would be cool too, with all of those Q's.

But then again, Sivir has that long range boomerang that deals crazy damage.

I can't decide.
    It's an easy choice. Beyblade trynd.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Well, I had a weird game of LoL after work that turned out gloriously for me.

I was jungling Wukong, and this game has definitely boosted my confidence in it. The enemy team was trying to break the meta, or something, because they had an AP Yi jungle, an AD Janna top, and a support Kassadin to round off their weird selections. The mid talon and ADC Ezreal were normal, however.

Anyway, the game starts off pretty badly with our Riven feeding first blood to the Janna, and a few minutes later, feeding another kill to the enemy Yi. The enemy Talon and Kassadin each get a kill while I assist Riven in killing Janna. No matter what I did, I could just never be where I had to.

However, once I find Yi in my jungle and our duel him for my first kill, things seemed to change. Bot and top each picked up a kill, and the game started to swing in my favor. A few teamfights went very well for us, and before I knew it, we were the ones taking objectives and I was on a rampage.

I ended the game 11/0/9, and we absolutely crushed them. I could out duel anyone on their team, and everything just went our way. I'm so happy after that game, and now I don't think I'm too opposed to jungling.

Proof:
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1685389252/218672683?tab=overview

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • Yo Nolafus! Teach me how to play League! I'm like LvL 23 n know nothing about League D:
    I've sent you a friend request~ We shud get a game sometime~ My ign is 'JustJeff' w/ the Mech Eye Icon.
    Love to have some more games w/ more members of PC~

Talon

Years
  • I haven't played League too much recently. I will say, the game I did play today, I played the song Guarded by Disturbed the entire time, and it fit that game all too well. Most hectic game of my life. It was blind, and I went jungle. Picked Rengar, enemies also picked Rengar. Every time I would gank, he would be there, and vice versa. We both had the Night Hunter skin on, and both ended up having to try to carry our teams. We were the only ones doing good. We dueled once end game as a true test to see who was the better Rengar. We were the same level, but he had an item over me. I sat and waited for him. We fought near Dragon, and I sat in the isolated bush near mid. When he came by I hit him with an empowered Bola, throwing him way off guard, and then made him chase me around the jungle for a bit, while I continuously slapped him in the face with E-Bolas, and the next time I got him snared I walked into a bush and stealthed, then jumped on him and bursted him down. Simply said "And now we know" in chat, and that blew up a whole thing about me being a "Pussy bitch who runs from rengars", their words not mine, and so I just muted them all and then helped my team finish the game.

The amount of people that don't know how to finish games surprises me. It's really not that hard if you have lead. If you get an ace, push down mid as hard as you can, and repeat.

Another thing that I learned that really surprises me is this:

Bronze is 50% of the community. If you are in silver, you are higher ranked than 50% of the league community that plays ranked.Gold is top 8%, Platinum is top 1%, and anything above platinum is top <.6%. I thought Silver was the most populated division, but I guess I was very wrong. 50% in Bronze. Oh dear god. That's just sad. I'm right on that edge, too. Silver V...... I need to play more ranked. Damn.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Bronze is 50% of the community. If you are in silver, you are higher ranked than 50% of the league community that plays ranked.Gold is top 8%, Platinum is top 1%, and anything above platinum is top <.6%. I thought Silver was the most populated division, but I guess I was very wrong. 50% in Bronze. Oh dear god. That's just sad. I'm right on that edge, too. Silver V...... I need to play more ranked. Damn.
    And I'm just chiming in with a youtube video to back up what you're saying.

Years
  • Solo ranking doesn't even mean anything anymore. It's impossible to win a game purely by your skill. It doesn't matter if you have 20 kills, if your feeder died 10 times and the whole enemy team participated in them, they technically have 30 more kills than you and can easily take you on. One player can easily ruin the game, one player cannot carry it.

Talon

Years
  • Solo ranking doesn't even mean anything anymore. It's impossible to win a game purely by your skill. It doesn't matter if you have 20 kills, if your feeder died 10 times and the whole enemy team participated in them, they technically have 30 more kills than you and can easily take you on. One player can easily ruin the game, one player cannot carry it.
    This quote should be plastered on a gold plaque and put as the motto for LoL.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Yo Nolafus! Teach me how to play League! I'm like LvL 23 n know nothing about League D:
    I've sent you a friend request~ We shud get a game sometime~ My ign is 'JustJeff' w/ the Mech Eye Icon.
    Love to have some more games w/ more members of PC~
    Don't listen to him, he's Plat 4 and matchmaking will put you into a game with people way more skilled than you so you'll be forced to play way too passively because one wrong click will mark your death.

It was still a fun game, though! Showed me how much I have yet to learn. And we still won despite me being the most passive Alistar the game has ever seen, haha. Thanks for playing!

Years
  • Rank means nothing. Especially with all the people who bought their accounts or had their accounts boosted.

It's best to just disregard ranks altogether. I was gold in a team of plats in a ranked game. I was getting all sort of shit for it, and I ended up carrying their sorry butts.

Back