• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Jhin had the buffs coming. He pretty much suffers a lot of the things with the immobile ADCs such as MF and Ashe = getting gapclosed and flanked is pretty much death. The worse part really is that unlike MF, Varus, and Ashe who can autoattack for days, Jhin only has 4 shots. So tldr, Jhin gets gap-closed, he's pretty much screwed.

Honestly, i thought that Jhin's mana costs were stupidly low for what they can do, then again its his strongest trait considering his extreme weakness to being gapclosed.

On the other hand, I like using him. ADC with wave clear? ADC with a really funky walk cycle? and a really badass ultimate that is so satisfying to use? He is indeed fun to play and its really rewarding when your team actually learns how to play around him.

Years
  • For me I finally started doing pvp when jhin came out and for whatever reason, he got a lot of bans because "his kit was so op" But whenever we went up against jhin, it was a funky walk in the park. Yeah he wasn't complete garbage, But It wasn't hard to keep him down. I always thought it was weird taking him as an adc since there are so many other champions that can output the same (or more) amount of damage at a faster rate. I kind of want to try him out in the jungle. Start him with a hunters knife, some health pots, his q, and making sure you get your blue buff so you don't run out of mana too fast. And his ganking potential is somewhat strong, since he has a long range skillshot and traps. But I have yet to try this out so don't take my word for it.

I mostly just want to do that since my favorite role is jungling. The weirdest champion I've ever jungled with was probably gangplank but I was terribly unsuccessful sine I have no idea how to build that guy. Crit or tank? I just can't decide.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
  • I used to play a lot of Sona jungle. I haven't really been able to do that since her rework.

I also like to take Soraka jungle from time to time but I'm not very good at it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • build that guy. Crit or tank? I just can't decide.

Jungle GP? If you have a tanky top laner, just go Warrior and Crit plank all the way. I mean sure going crit (or damage) as a jungler is super risky, but you picked GP anyway. Your teammates will just have to deal with it.

I just remembered playing Sated Devourer Ekko the other night... (:<<< yep. I was a really evil bastard that game.

Years
  • I just remembered playing Sated Devourer Ekko the other night... (:<<< yep. I was a really evil bastard that game.

I like the way you think. ;)
    After reading that I thought about making a build for Kassadin in the jungle. His sustain early on will no doubt be awful but starting with w could help him kill the monsters before they kill him. As per usual he won't be too effective until he hits level six, but by then it will already be a nightmare for anyone who didn't get some magic resist. Although in hindsight, there are other champs that would be more effective than Kas, but it's still worth a try.

I've considered taking Nasus for a stroll in the jungle but since a good portion of his power comes from getting stacks on his q, I don't know if the extra stacks from large monsters would compensate for the lack of minions. On the other hand, get a Rylai's crystal scepter and his w and e are incredibly effective in teamfights. Regardless of his role. I guess since his q wouldn't be all that effective it would be best to build ap, but hey, that just what I think.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I like the way you think. ;)

I've considered taking Nasus for a stroll in the jungle but since a good portion of his power comes from getting stacks on his q, I don't know if the extra stacks from large monsters would compensate for the lack of minions. On the other hand, get a Rylai's crystal scepter and his w and e are incredibly effective in teamfights. Regardless of his role. I guess since his q wouldn't be all that effective it would be best to build ap, but hey, that just what I think.

Believe me or not, Nasus was actually a top tier jungler back in Season 3 and somehow workable in Season 5 since both seasons had similarly slower metas compared to the current state of the game. What pretty much separates Nasus from most other melee junglers is the availability of a ranged targeted CC. Gank a lane? Countergank? Just tap W and work with your team around that well timed wither.

Right now, i don't think he's rather suitable at this point. While he still has much of his perks that i remember so much whenever i had to play Nasus from the woods a few seasons ago (again S3 and S5), the snowbally meta isn't suitable for him right now. Even devourer junglers, who snowball really hard if high risk and high reward plays were made, will outpace Nasus in this current state of the game.

On the other hand, if you snowball yourself as Jungle Nasus, the rewards are pretty there.

TLDR, i don't think he's worth playing in the woods right now. There are stronger scaling junglers to use who have earlier power spikes and ridiculous snowball potential.

Still waiting for muh Jarvan buffs rito.. You gave Xin some. Also Wukong. heck Wukong had some but needs more.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • Played it from beta to season 6. Ended up in diamond >_>.
    Its like any other games, when you have played it too mutch it gets boring.
    But its good i guess

Years
  • I might try Nasus jungle out at some point, but I will take into consideration the fact that there are stronger junglers out there. Jax on the other hand oh boy. Oh man now that's a different story. He was one of the first champions I got and I barely used him since I didn't think he was very good. Boy was I wrong. More recently since a lot of people are afraid of him I decided to play him when my teammates don't ban him when I say I want to play him. But when I do get into a game as him it's pretty great. As a jungler his early game ganks can either be pretty awful or really great depending on how much health the enemy you're ganking has since he doesn't do a whole lot of damage and plenty of champs make a great effort to run from him once he's in sight.

So far I've only lost one game with him (in recent matches that I can remember) and even then I did great. Much to my surprise I was able to get 5 dragons in a row, and the baron with a little help. But even that wasn't enough since my teammates weren't exactly the most capable or reasonable in the world. It's not that they weren't trying, I think they must have just been a bit newer than me and the enemy was more experienced so it wasn't so bad. The main meat of his item build seems to be guinsoo's rageblade and while the item is pretty great for him, I just can't help but feel that his early game could be taken advantage of but just isn't since (bronze) players are scared of the sight of him. Right now he is getting a lot of bans but thankfully, playing him is still great fun.

Btw deadmans plate, boots of swiftness, and litch bane make this duelist pretty great at playing tag.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • The days when Nasus' Wither would lower your attack speed... (shiver).

Who I really miss the most is old Nidalee though. She was the first champ I picked up and it's a shame to see her just not being good at anything anymore. It seems like Riot can't decide if they want her to be good at throwing spears, good at her cougar form or good in the jungle. Instead they made her mediocre at everything (from my experience at least. I haven't used her in ages).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Well once again it was that time of the week again where i get back after days of not playing and well, i just hit up some Normal queue with a friend and this kinda happened:

League of Legends

Then again, my friend who played Thresh was on fire this game as well, which is why that Jinx was so fed.

Other than that, the W nerfs that Xin got after it was superbuffed is somewhat noticeable if you do not have the proper runes and masteries. You may want to run those sweet attack speed quints more often now. I always run 3 ASPD quints on Xin anyway so i don't have that much issues compared to those other Xins. Also, I schooled that other Xin as well. The joys of playing Blind Pick...

Well, to be honest, Udyr had the nerfs worse than Xin did. At least Xin got an attack speed nerf which is easily mitigated by a more optimized build while Udyr himself got some direct numbers nerfs on Turtle shield and Phoenix stance.

Also, Superbuffed Jarvan should be abused by everyone before it gets nerfed 2 patches from now. AoE Cataclysm + Full AD = instant clash. He's getting some bans in yolo queue so those wanting to climb should 1st pick him asap if he doesn't get a ban.

Also, no offense to those who liked old Nidalee but i was one of the many who hated playing against her. I remember OLD Nidalee as that nearly unkillable poke champ from hell, who ruined a lot of comps. >--< never again. She was that champ who could wreck everyone with ALMOST ANY BUILD, yes even AD Nidalee, or even TANK Nidalee with Ice Born Gauntlet worked. Then Riot reworked nidalee to have her passive work on jungle camps and suddenly becomes the Season 5 god tier jungler, then Elise got buffed and Nidalee had nerfs.

Also yeah Nasus no longer slowing attack speed with wither.. now i remember why i stopped playing him as often as i did a few years ago.

BTW. Meowkai skin boys.

Rito, why do i still possess such a love-hate relationship with you.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years

Also, no offense to those who liked old Nidalee but i was one of the many who hated playing against her. I remember OLD Nidalee as that nearly unkillable poke champ from hell, who ruined a lot of comps. >--< never again. She was that champ who could wreck everyone with ALMOST ANY BUILD, yes even AD Nidalee, or even TANK Nidalee with Ice Born Gauntlet worked. Then Riot reworked nidalee to have her passive work on jungle camps and suddenly becomes the Season 5 god tier jungler, then Elise got buffed and Nidalee had nerfs.

Also yeah Nasus no longer slowing attack speed with wither.. now i remember why i stopped playing him as often as i did a few years ago.

BTW. Meowkai skin boys.

Rito, why do i still possess such a love-hate relationship with you.
    Nice game bro. My only complaint is the enemy Vayne doesn't have enough deaths (you can imagine how much a support main hates Vaynes, whether on your team or the enemy's).

At least old Nidalee was versatile... {XD} Just kidding, she needed nerfs for sure. I just don't like how she's not good at anything anymore. Whenever she does become meta, she gets nerfed quick again.

Nasus is becoming less and less relevant as more new champs are armed to the teeth with CC now.

I'm still waiting on a new Diana skin... Apparently she won a poll where she would get a skin based on who wins in the Fire vs Ice event. 3 months later, no sign of a Fire-themed Diana skin (Frostfire Diana ftw, shame there's no chance of Frostblade Diana though ;) )

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I started playing in season four, so I don't know much about how champs used to be, haha. I finally got over my ranked anxiety and finished my placement matches to be placed in Silver Four. Not too bad, but I'm hoping I can climb quickly.

Nasus has so many counters now, it's ridiculous. I've picked up Renekton, and it's alarming the amount of Nasus players that pick the dog into the gator.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I just played a few rounds of League a few days ago. What i saw was exquisite... too bad i wasn't able to take a post-match scoreboard of it but oh well.. Bruiser Nidalee. Yeah, the stuff nightmares are made out of. Then again, that Nidalee of ours was laned against a Top lane Leona who ran Ignite-Flash.. lack of TP in the top-lane has its really big drawbacks kiddies.

Honestly, whenever i see someone picking Nidalee right now on lane, I get pretty anxious. It makes me feel that I need to play at a higher level than 11/10. But when an ally does make a niche pick work, it feels so satisfying to help win the game. The beauty of League. I remember melting faces with AP Xin not too long ago and people were finding it funny why I was building Nashors after Devour and Rageblade. Healing large amounts of health for days while dealing loads of magic damage autos. Too bad we won't be able to do much of this now with the AP Ratio nerf on Xin's W. my W AP ratio :(((((((

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
  • Just won a game as Leona. Going 4/0/7 felt so satisfying, especially when I got the S rank.....
    Having my adc sitting at 11/1/2 and another S rank didn't really make it any worse :P

Those of you on NA, how's the crafting system treating you so far?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Those of you on NA, how's the crafting system treating you so far?
    Slow, haha.

I've only gotten a couple key shards so far, and that's after a few days of playing. It's interesting to say the least, but getting the keys seems like the easy part. Actually obtaining the chests, unless they're paired with the keys, will be the hard part I think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I know it's not high compared to the high spectrum of ranks, but yesterday I was able to get Silver III. That is the highest I have ever gotten in ranked and this is a huge moral boost for me.

I'm learning to break off from my Jhin playing more often. I won as Jinx yesterday as well.

Also I am still very iffy about going SoloQ, was just wondering if anyone had any particular tips or picks to help deal with the....lower denizens of Ranked?

Well, I don't know much considering I'm in lower elo as well, but if I were to say something it would be this.

If you are confident that you can carry your team, you should take everything. Take all the kills. If you are a laner, roam, get a kill, then take their minions as well. If you are a jungler, gank then tax their lane.

I've also heard psychological warfare works well. Try to get your lane or jungle opponent salty in all chat, then he/she can likely will make mistakes.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Also I am still very iffy about going SoloQ, was just wondering if anyone had any particular tips or picks to help deal with the....lower denizens of Ranked?
    It's honestly not as bad as people say it is. It's just like normals, only people do tend to fly off the wall a bit easier given the higher stress environment. The '/mute all' command is wonderful for solving that issue, by the way. Other than that, just accept that fact that you're going to lose a lot of games. As long as you're winning around 55% of your games, you should be climbing, and there are even cases of people with win rates less than 50% climbing, but I'm not sure if that's true. Ranked isn't some race to see who can climb the quickest, it's a marathon. You have to pace yourself and continue to work at it as you slowly progress.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    So I finally reached Silver III the other day. This marks the highest rank I have ever been on ranked, and has given me a huge boost in morale and confidence. I'll be playing a game or two later today.

I'm starting to deviate away from my Jhin playing down in the bot lane. In my promos I played one mid and two bot, but I didn't play Jhin either time bot. The first game was with Jinx, and the second was with Quinn.

Now on to a question. Who do you guys think has the potential to emerge as a hidden op in the future? Anybody gaining popularity?

De La Luz

Heavenly Revolver // Anti-Reload
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Been playing since S3, and originally got into it for the art. Gold // Gold // Plat, decayed // Haven't Ranked S6. Although to be honest, I feel like I've got everything worth putting effort into out of the game. Decent tier, have all champions and pages, nothing really for incentive. I'm pretty bad, but I just play because I have a lot of friends on it. Over Skype, it's entertaining. And stupid things like AP Lucian (notsostupidactually), JG Ezreal, AD Lux, AP Jax, AD Blitz, Bruiser Kassadin, Lightning Shen, etc. are sort of funny if you aren't getting curb stomped [can you tell I main ADC? Jhin / Ezreal / Graves / Lucy]. But I'm open to playing with anyone really. I'm on a new account of Ciouxe. (my other is Stereo Dreamer). Feel free to add me, but do tell me who you are ~

I think Jayce might see a huge rise in play. I hate going up against him, so unless I'm proved otherwise, I'm banning him, haha.

He's never been much of a greatly popular pick imo:
    Low utility, loses out to tanky teams (common now to protect 2 ADC's, and Graves is a tanky ADC too), very item dependent and has a 15 minute window of power usually and tends to drop off.

Although, I perma ban Malfite lol. If a bot can play Malfite almost as well as a person, there's a problem with the risk/reward system of that champion and the counterplay that goes with it.
    Also because ADC's are a main component now and don't like Malphite. Rammus can be kited, Malfite has an obnoxious ult. An 0-11 Malphite can win a teamfight for his team just by using it's obscene hitbox and speed.

So I finally reached Silver III the other day. This marks the highest rank I have ever been on ranked, and has given me a huge boost in morale and confidence. I'll be playing a game or two later today.

I'm starting to deviate away from my Jhin playing down in the bot lane. In my promos I played one mid and two bot, but I didn't play Jhin either time bot. The first game was with Jinx, and the second was with Quinn.

Now on to a question. Who do you guys think has the potential to emerge as a hidden op in the future? Anybody gaining popularity?

Considering Riot is shoving Kha buffs left and right, he's probably going to do more. His lack of CC though will generally always make him a niche pick in high elo or competitive play, but much more powerful on his own. With Poppy being hit by Riot's own ban hammer, her decline means top gets opened more. The real sleeper OP though is Kayle imo. Who isn't even that sleeper really.

Back