• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
De La Luz said:
He's never been much of a greatly popular pick imo:
Low utility, loses out to tanky teams (common now to protect 2 ADC's, and Graves is a tanky ADC too), very item dependent and has a 15 minute window of power usually and tends to drop off.
I know, it's just an annoyance ban for me, haha. Although, I do tend to ban whatever counter I hate playing against the most depending on what I'm playing.

But yes, Malphite is super annoying as well, and I really don't like playing against him.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
Years
URF isn't a joke anymore, so it wasn't put up on April Fools. They've made several announcements on it being at least twice later this year. Or maybe just the one big announcement.

De La Luz

Heavenly Revolver // Anti-Reload
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
I'm waiting for Doom Bots the most if they decide it can come back.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
Years
I'd love to see One for All back, because the crazy shenanigans that can be done in that are insane. I liked it the most when it was on Summoner's Rift, so I'm hoping they bring that back.

Years
I'm excited about the new rotating queue thing since the only game mode I ever got to play was one for all, but my experience with it was somewhat poor. I thought a team of gangplank would be good but we ended up going against an entire team of heimerdinger.

I'm sure they had a blast.

De La Luz

Heavenly Revolver // Anti-Reload
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
I'm excited about the new rotating queue thing since the only game mode I ever got to play was one for all, but my experience with it was somewhat poor. I thought a team of gangplank would be good but we ended up going against an entire team of heimerdinger.

I'm sure they had a blast.

We once had an entire team of Cassiopeia. We just rushed mid and won in 15, it was hilarious. They couldn't walk anywhere and 2 afk'd after 5 minutes of being unable to step into lane.
I felt so bad. But it was so good.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
udj2jbQ.jpg

Well its that time in the month again where i randomly play League once in a blue moon dragon but when i do have time to play, me and my friends simply want to be ripping an enemy team's COGs off, especially in a 4v5 where we were four. Our Syndra just randomly disconnected thanks to high quality Filipino internet so yeah. It was a great time to meet up my friends who played Darius and Graves respectively in our Internet/Cyber cafe.

In all honestly, i was scared since i have this habit now of not playing League for a very long time because of college academic requirements but i was so motivated in giving my two friends who just lost badly in a game before i joined in the fray.

Also Poor riven. The synergy between me and my friend who played Darius at top lane was just so good and on point that game. Then again, when 2 Diamond tier players (Me and my friend) just gang up on some Plat 3 Riven, that score the Riven got was something we offered as a lovely gift and reminder ;)

So yeah, patch 6.7 is upon us and I'm sure that North America already is playing at 6.7 while maintenance for the next patch will be in PH soon. It was a good thing i played though, since its another day of patching again.

Also, well i really like asking to the PC summoners here. I know there's like this on-going discussion regarding how Solo que or ELO/MMR Ratings do not give like an accurate description of a player's skill level, but my friends who i played a game earlier with another friend who brought a Bronze I player along lost horribly because said Bronzie was a Thresh who couldn't land any hooks or flays...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Also, well i really like asking to the PC summoners here. I know there's like this on-going discussion regarding how Solo que or ELO/MMR Ratings do not give like an accurate description of a player's skill level, but my friends who i played a game earlier with another friend who brought a Bronze I player along lost horribly because said Bronzie was a Thresh who couldn't land any hooks or flays...

I find that the biggest difference in low tier players and high tier ones is the amount of mistakes they make. Low tier players obviously make more, but in addition they also make worse mistakes. It's not that they don't know how to play, or they don't know their champion, they just aren't used to getting punished for their mistakes. High tier players, on the other hand, know how to punish those mistakes and keep that momentum going. So that bronze player that kept missing all of those hooks probably knew how to play Thresh, the high elo opponents just knew when Thresh was going to go for hooks.

I remember playing a game with a diamond friend I had, and loading into the game I realized I was the only one without a diamond or plat border, and this was back before I even did ranked. I played the most passive Alistar support the world had ever seen, since I learned pretty quickly that one wrong step and half of my health was chunked. We ended up winning, actually, but I felt pretty useless anyway since I couldn't make any picks or catch people out like I was used to doing.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I find that the biggest difference in low tier players and high tier ones is the amount of mistakes they make. Low tier players obviously make more, but in addition they also make worse mistakes. It's not that they don't know how to play, or they don't know their champion, they just aren't used to getting punished for their mistakes. High tier players, on the other hand, know how to punish those mistakes and keep that momentum going. So that bronze player that kept missing all of those hooks probably knew how to play Thresh, the high elo opponents just knew when Thresh was going to go for hooks.

This is probably one of the more insightful posts regarding highier tier vs lower tier players that i wanted to hear so thanks for that. People of all skill levels should really take note of how to simply do things correctly actually helps winning the game.

XIN STORY TIME!

I was at our usual hangout spot and i saw a group of girls playing League. I simply watched their game as a physical spectator and i was amazed at their level of cohesion but also was laughing at how bad their opponents were. I didn't want to judge anyone though.

I was quite amazed at their cohesion and how much fun they were having so i decided to be a friendly stranger and give them a few tips. Obviously they won super hard against their Shiyte-tier opponents thanks to my tips-n-tricks.

I wanted to ask if i could join their queue but their party was full. Sad Xin was sad, so i just popped in some yolo queue and picked Irelia as my jungler because i'm such a troll i wanted to abuse her new (and busted) AD Ratio on Bladesurge and did whatever i can to win. My allies were 2good though. Then again, facing some enemy players who tilt faster than a twisted kite was too concerning on my part.

Oh and little rant as well, which i hope everyone can learn from:

Just because I am Xin is so good with rageblade, it doesn't mean people have to rush the friggin item. The item itself is great. The item buildup of it is so bad. And as a jungler, people NEED to get items that are efficient along with their chosen jungle enchantment (ehem Devourer because ya know). Its so depressing watching other people play me Xin players mistakenly rush rageblade ASAP because its so god of an item.. with probably one of the worst component-buildups ever in the game. Lacking in good early game stats especially with a Devourer taht needs to be stacked, is one of the worst things ever. Just saying kiddies.

Also, i love those players who get BLASTING WAND first for the rageblade. makes me want to slit my wrists

TLDR: Rageblade is still a great item. Just do not rush it like it as a Jungler after getting that Devourer enchant unless your team is willing to offer you as many kills and are willing to build/play around you. Nobody wants to have a jungler who can't participate in fights because of the lack of good stats. It helps in avoiding tilt.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
More of me just sharing some new stuff because ya know, lack of a good replay system is still making me cringe:

yMrqtnt.jpg

DO NOT do this in ranked unless you're playing an alt-account or are ELO-Boosting your low level friends' accounts.

Runic Echoes Jax? Because AP Jax is funny Jax. Also, i wanted to try out a build that i've been wanting to do for a very long time.

I did rather poorly this game compared to that Xin game i did with my friends since I had a really bad start where i tried making an early game play but ended up getting 3 of my teammates killed with that toplane Mordekaiser getting a nasty double kill and trash talking us. So i just sucked it up and farmed a bit while making sure that our Ezreal was getting fed since he was winning his lane rather hard. After I got Runic Echoes as soon as i could, I started bursting those scrubs down.

Also, lesson to learn, just because you queue up with 2 of your clanmates, that doesn't give you the audacity to trash-talk in the early game. I made sure that Mordekaiser tasted his own medicine by schat-talked him at the near end of the game, and when i Bursted his HP down from 100-0 with my trollish build, and told him that I flex harder than his mom.

Also, i consider this a not-so-good game since i wasn't the fed one :((((( but at least i out-did our two solo lanes XD

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I hate Ascension and I absolutely detested that Draven head thing they did for April Fools. I was hyped for Urf and Rito let me down /cri

On a Ranked note I suck major balls and went on tilt, losing all my progress to Silver lmfao. This was a few weeks ago or so, hence why I'm still in Bronze; I don't play enough. But I know I need to play more Diana.

Fun Tip: Play Diana jungle with Devourer, Nashor's Tooth and Guinso's Rageblade. That's the most fun I've had playing Diana in a long time XD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Woah.... Finally a picture that doesn't show you playing Xin Zhao. It's a miracle!

So, if you guys have played Ascension yet... What do you think of it? Did you know that URF is now in PBE?

Because I needed to show off a Runic Echoes build on my 2nd favorite character Jax, who also wields a Polearm with the right skin ;)

Ascension is sorta garbage when played alone since half of the time, people don't know what to do other than kill people and try fighting skirmishes that they think their supposed "OP" champs can win.

On the other hand, an arranged 5 with Ascension is one of the most intense game modes I've ever had the honor of playing with my friends, other than Ranked 5's of course. We had this game where the enemy team picked the following: Katarina (because she's an OP b***h in Crystal Scar), Twitch (same reason), Irelia (because dat Chinese Splashart), Velkoz (Holy shcit! This guy is another strong one), and Blitzcrank. What they do is they just move as a 5 man unit and destroy our team. So what we did was to simply beat them through points by capping the shrines and killing them when they separated. Also, they were so predictable when it came to claiming the Ascension buff as they always gave it to Kat, so we knew exactly what to do to kill them.

Basically, 5man Ascension was pretty intense when it came to team decision making.

whenever we played Ascension, we always banned the following:
- Teemo if the enemy team doesn't ban him.. both sides hate having him around,
- LeBlanc because screw this champ in Crystal Scar
- Rammus because i remember him being so OP in Dominion, and he's just as OP here in Ascension, heck even moreso.

Ascension Powerpicks, assuming they aren't banned, then again the other team will also have them so be prepared:

- Kha'zix.
- Akali
- Katarina
- Illaoi (Surprisingly)
- Shaco
- Darius
- Annie
- Heck, anyone who's often banned out. You can tell the recurring theme around them.

Also... About Urf...

Obviously Zed is like God-tier busted in URF then again, i got to play Ekko in URF as well and i thought he was just as busted.

If anyone wants to challenge themselves in URF, play Yasuo. I GARENTEEE it.

For those with their Ranked Anxieties, the only tip i can offer to you is that if you truly believe that you don't deserve your current ELO and need to be higher, then prove it by being better than yourself. I've been in that whole "OMG I don't want to be stuck in gold! I've been playing since S1 before ranked came to be!" thing as well so I know how it feels.

I'm actually sorta pissed that I'm stuck in Diamond since some of my friends have already gotten to Masters, and one just even got to Challenger recently. Then again, in this case, its more of me needing to expand my champion pool to the "meta" janglers, which I'm currently working on. There are times that I need to actually pick a jungler that is for the team's benefit and not for myself. Hence, why I've been spamming Nunu, which isn't necessarily meta, but its a supportive beast that I actually enjoy playing as.

Currently, I intentionally got one of my accounts to an ELO lower than you'd all can imagine by intentionally not giving a dang during its placement matches (Zero & Ten). Since its on an ELO that's obviously low, I was basically out playing people left and right in every basic level from game knowledge and basic steps since I know I should be higher. I know that I'm way better than this, even if the people i'm playing with, especially my allies are as smart as a sack of tomatoes. You just have to play your 100% Best all the time and relax a bit.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
This is probably one of the more insightful posts regarding highier tier vs lower tier players that i wanted to hear so thanks for that. People of all skill levels should really take note of how to simply do things correctly actually helps winning the game.

XIN STORY TIME!

I was at our usual hangout spot and i saw a group of girls playing League. I simply watched their game as a physical spectator and i was amazed at their level of cohesion but also was laughing at how bad their opponents were. I didn't want to judge anyone though.

I was quite amazed at their cohesion and how much fun they were having so i decided to be a friendly stranger and give them a few tips. Obviously they won super hard against their Shiyte-tier opponents thanks to my tips-n-tricks.

I wanted to ask if i could join their queue but their party was full. Sad Xin was sad, so i just popped in some yolo queue and picked Irelia as my jungler because i'm such a troll i wanted to abuse her new (and busted) AD Ratio on Bladesurge and did whatever i can to win. My allies were 2good though. Then again, facing some enemy players who tilt faster than a twisted kite was too concerning on my part.

Oh and little rant as well, which i hope everyone can learn from:

Just because I am Xin is so good with rageblade, it doesn't mean people have to rush the friggin item. The item itself is great. The item buildup of it is so bad. And as a jungler, people NEED to get items that are efficient along with their chosen jungle enchantment (ehem Devourer because ya know). Its so depressing watching other people play me Xin players mistakenly rush rageblade ASAP because its so god of an item.. with probably one of the worst component-buildups ever in the game. Lacking in good early game stats especially with a Devourer taht needs to be stacked, is one of the worst things ever. Just saying kiddies.

Also, i love those players who get BLASTING WAND first for the rageblade. makes me want to slit my wrists

TLDR: Rageblade is still a great item. Just do not rush it like it as a Jungler after getting that Devourer enchant unless your team is willing to offer you as many kills and are willing to build/play around you. Nobody wants to have a jungler who can't participate in fights because of the lack of good stats. It helps in avoiding tilt.

This x10000000000000. You have no idea how many people I see just rushing the FotM item and not building according to the matchup. For example, AP mid vs Zed. Every single time I tell them to rush Zhonya. Those who do usually end up winning lane or at least not feeding. Those who don't of course feed hard and blame the jungler but it's okay because I main support.

As for Ranked, even though I hardly play Ranked and my opinion is invalid, it annoys me so much when people pick champions that LCS players choose and feed because they've never tried the champ out. Or when they pick a champ that they think 'counters the enemy' (I can't count how many people I've told that Darius DOES NOT counter Garen). But then again, I stay as far away from Ranked as possible and enjoy Normals XD

EDIT: As a huge fan of Diana, I'm gonna steal that build circuit...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
This x10000000000000. You have no idea how many people I see just rushing the FotM item and not building according to the matchup. For example, AP mid vs Zed. Every single time I tell them to rush Zhonya. Those who do usually end up winning lane or at least not feeding. Those who don't of course feed hard and blame the jungler but it's okay because I main support.

As for Ranked, even though I hardly play Ranked and my opinion is invalid, it annoys me so much when people pick champions that LCS players choose and feed because they've never tried the champ out. Or when they pick a champ that they think 'counters the enemy' (I can't count how many people I've told that Darius DOES NOT counter Garen). But then again, I stay as far away from Ranked as possible and enjoy Normals XD

EDIT: As a huge fan of Diana, I'm gonna steal that build circuit...

Abuse Dynamic Queue with your friends. Dynamic Queue is so broken because it doesn't validate whether people in a group of more than 2 (say 3 or 4) should queue up against a group of 5 so chances are, you can abuse it, raise dat sweet delicious ELO by beasting with your friends. My trio of friends (The Darius and Graves in the screen shot where i posted my beast Xin score) have been beasting and bodying people left and right because we often end up simply queueing against randomly put together groups with the occasional duo team, but i couldnt' take any of the post-match screenies because they were too stompy even for me and my friend STARKILLER109's top laner (Jayce) keeps getting way too fed and taking over the games since i camp his lane a lot.

The thing with picking champs because players in da LCS/LPL/LCK is that a lot of these "people" do not realize that these picks are based on a team decision. Highly different when just picking the champ out of nowhere like a Randy Orton RKO. Oh look Zed mid, TIME TO PICK URGOT TO SCREW WITH HIM. And for the love of god, those who plan to Pick Urgot into Zed, please run Exhaust. Don't screw up like Pobelter did in their Game 2 against TSM and Bjergsen's Zed.

The only time i do rush rageblade on a Jungler ASAP after my fresh devourer enchantment is Jax since Jax has so much natural DPS from his kit. Even then, i still build my Hextech Cutlass first and quickly pay itself off my bodying people with it. I recently played a game with Jungle Sated Devourer Irelia and faced off against a Xin that tried rushing rageblade asap who was already behind in farm because i kept counterganking his arse.

Also, Sated Devouer Rageblade Diana. Sweet smexy build. 5/5 20/10, Korean Challenjour viable. Faker approved.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Abuse Dynamic Queue with your friends. Dynamic Queue is so broken because it doesn't validate whether people in a group of more than 2 (say 3 or 4) should queue up against a group of 5 so chances are, you can abuse it, raise dat sweet delicious ELO by beasting with your friends. My trio of friends (The Darius and Graves in the screen shot where i posted my beast Xin score) have been beasting and bodying people left and right because we often end up simply queueing against randomly put together groups with the occasional duo team, but i couldnt' take any of the post-match screenies because they were too stompy even for me and my friend STARKILLER109's top laner (Jayce) keeps getting way too fed and taking over the games since i camp his lane a lot.

The thing with picking champs because players in da LCS/LPL/LCK is that a lot of these "people" do not realize that these picks are based on a team decision. Highly different when just picking the champ out of nowhere like a Randy Orton RKO. Oh look Zed mid, TIME TO PICK URGOT TO SCREW WITH HIM. And for the love of god, those who plan to Pick Urgot into Zed, please run Exhaust. Don't screw up like Pobelter did in their Game 2 against TSM and Bjergsen's Zed.

The only time i do rush rageblade on a Jungler ASAP after my fresh devourer enchantment is Jax since Jax has so much natural DPS from his kit. Even then, i still build my Hextech Cutlass first and quickly pay itself off my bodying people with it. I recently played a game with Jungle Sated Devourer Irelia and faced off against a Xin that tried rushing rageblade asap who was already behind in farm because i kept counterganking his arse.

Also, Sated Devouer Rageblade Diana. Sweet smexy build. 5/5 20/10, Korean Challenjour viable. Faker approved.
Friends? What are those?...
Jokes aside, I don't think my friends will queue with me until I'm high Silver/low Gold (I haven't even done my placement matches this season, that's how 'not bothered' I can be with Ranked).

What Keystone Mastery would you run on that Diana build may I ask?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Friends? What are those?...

What Keystone Mastery would you run on that Diana build may I ask?

Weirdly enough, last time i played Devourer Diana, i still took Thunderlords for that 3 hit combo and early game burst. If you're concerned for more of the end game tankiness, then Strength of the Ages fits nicely. I tried going fervor of battle in one other game, but how'd I make that work is my personal little trade secret ;)

The most important of the masteries really is 5/5 Runic Shields since it gives Diana that extra shield power for her early clear. So in the game a ran Thunderlords, i used 0-18-12 Masteries since i really needed the 5/5 Runic Shields. For the SotA Keystone Diana, I ran 12-0-18 taking all of the relevant masteries. The most important thing on a Jungle Diana is 5/5 Runic Shields.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Weirdly enough, last time i played Devourer Diana, i still took Thunderlords for that 3 hit combo and early game burst. If you're concerned for more of the end game tankiness, then Strength of the Ages fits nicely. I tried going fervor of battle in one other game, but how'd I make that work is my personal little trade secret ;)

The most important of the masteries really is 5/5 Runic Shields since it gives Diana that extra shield power for her early clear. So in the game a ran Thunderlords, i used 0-18-12 Masteries since i really needed the 5/5 Runic Shields. For the SotA Keystone Diana, I ran 12-0-18 taking all of the relevant masteries. The most important thing on a Jungle Diana is 5/5 Runic Shields.
Even though I hate Thunderlord's on Diana, I can't imagine Deathfire Touch is very useful in the jungle. SotA sounds pretty good for a tanky bruiser Diana though, and it seems to me this build focuses on auto attacking, so I may try out SotA first then Thunderlord's.

Back