• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I'm having fun this preseason, as I get back into LoL, but I'm not liking Rageblade right now. I was playing Nocturne jungle, and my Gnar was up against a Jax top. Knowing how strong he is right now, I ganked a couple times early and we managed to kill him twice. I thought that was enough to shut him down and give my Gnar a sizable lead, especially since the enemy Skarner was never top. Well, once the Jax built his rageblade, he stomped Gnar top and picked up three kills back to back. Adding to the fact that the enemy Skarner went from 1/4 to 5/4 in less than ten minutes, and I was feeling like there wasn't much I could do. Maybe it was a fluke, and I'll be the first to admit I'm a horrible jungler, but Jax snowballing that hard on top after two early deaths seems like it shouldn't happen.

On the bright side, Tahm makes it into my support pool and I got Hextech Galio, and I'm so excited about it.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    I'm having fun this preseason, as I get back into LoL, but I'm not liking Rageblade right now. I was playing Nocturne jungle, and my Gnar was up against a Jax top. Knowing how strong he is right now, I ganked a couple times early and we managed to kill him twice. I thought that was enough to shut him down and give my Gnar a sizable lead, especially since the enemy Skarner was never top. Well, once the Jax built his rageblade, he stomped Gnar top and picked up three kills back to back. Adding to the fact that the enemy Skarner went from 1/4 to 5/4 in less than ten minutes, and I was feeling like there wasn't much I could do. Maybe it was a fluke, and I'll be the first to admit I'm a horrible jungler, but Jax snowballing that hard on top after two early deaths seems like it shouldn't happen.

On the bright side, Tahm makes it into my support pool and I got Hextech Galio, and I'm so excited about it.
    Yeah Rageblade is a real big problem right now, it makes the game near enough unplayable, and I have also noticed that minnion block has seen a massive increase from the start of patch 5.23 o_O

But yeah i'm a Top/Jungle main on the EUW server - Sobék

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Happy new year PC Summoners.

Anyway, I haven't posted anything in this thread because of its own lack of activity but seeing that there is some activity now, might as well give my overall thoughts:

= Rapid Fire Cannon is currently one of my favorite items in the game right now. Its whole mod of just increasing your attack range for one attack is already pretty good, but it working on certain skills such as Ekko's Phase Dive, Hecarim's Devasating Charge, Wukong's Crushing Blow, and of course the most common in TF's Pick A Card is what's making this item so good to make some crazy niche build out of.

= Illiaoi is one of the most fun champs I've ever used. I really like the way her entire kit works and she has a lot of potential to flat out carry games with her ability to team fight. Landing a 5 Man ulti and getting those tentacles along with your team's wombo is one of the most satisfying things I've done in League.

= Poppy Rework has a lot of issues that I don't like. The way her ulti works is fine and all, especially if its meant to remove someone from a teamfight should the big channel was used, but what about the mashed R situation? That's something that really bothers me. Since allies cannot target enemies that were hit by Poppy's R, that means a lot of missed damage. Of course, something will be done soon but right now, its what hindering me from using the character.

= Thunderlords Decree is so broken of a mastery right now (this current patch, nerf the Ferocity Keystones because they were OP, buff Thunderlords because it wasn't doing much pre-patch 5.24, Classic Rito), everyone can pretty much use it. Even Amumu can use it.

= I'm pretty hyped with the new Assassin's Dagger item that's coming out. Ever since Last Whisper was reworked into a rather shitty version, just stacking enough HP was enough to shut off damage since LW itself is as I've mentioned before, really crappy. This new AD assassin item is pretty cool with its missing HP bonus damage mechanic.. its still in internal testing in the PBE and I hope it finds its way into the live server. I've been itching to make some new 100-0 Bursts.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I already locked in for playing Jhin on release, and just to make sure that I have enough IP to buy extra runes, I already have enough cash to spend on RP.

Also, Japan is getting a lot of love from Rito with the release of the JP Client and best of all, JP Voice overs.

Jinx Voice over is so adorable, all of my standards are in it.

One Rocket Girl? Why do i have a feeling that this JP Jinx sounds a lot like One Punch Man's Tatsumaki/Tornado? Well that gives me more reasons to build Runaan's Hurricane anyway.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Apparently the new champ's character was so dark, the writers had to take breaks working on him.

My best guess right now is an ADC that makes use of the elements and sees death as his masterpiece. I think he uses a gun in that video, and there's evidence of fire, air, earth, and ice, with each death having something beautiful about it. I'm really bad at the ADC role, but I'm liking the character so far.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Okay League PC people, i have something to ask:

is it me, or is Quinn still one of the silliest champions that anyone can play right now? Lets look at how silly she is:

- Ultimate that grants her Ginourmous amount of FLAT movement speed with NO COOLDOWN, and just a Mana Cost?

- Quinn;s ulti enables her to be the most mobile champion in the game, right now. She outpaces ANYONE even with Teleport, and she's even sillier with Teleport. She's makes Hecarim look slow.

- I get that Her ulti can be stopped by one mere tick of damage, but that doesn't stop her ability to outpace everyone in the game with a skill that has no cooldown. TF be shamed.

- Actually that's it. I'm pretty fine with the rest of her current kit as of late, which in some cases Jungle Quinn is not only possible, but its pretty darn viable to even play and carry a game with. But her ulti.. Behind Enemy Lines.. jesus.

I feel like every time i play a game and we are up against Quinn, everyone tilts much harder than usual. Quinn's really broken ulti and ability to just get to Point A to be in mere millisecodns (not even joking) is extremely potent. It makes playing any game especially a Solo que game very tilt heavy for the allies one can get.

Also, I'm hyped for the next patch. Rito finally decided to rebuff all of the Ferocity Keystones (And Deathfire Touch being the most buffed of all) because of the overnerfs they got and with Thunderlords just becoming so OU. Heck Thunderlords didn't even get the nerf but the one Mastery that made it even stronger did. Talking about Precision. That Mastery that gives us a Flat amount of Both Armor Pen + Magic Pen AND additional of such per level. I'm pretty surprised that this was is getting nerfed after it got buffed for not being "point worthy enough" just a few Preseason patches ago. Then again, I wasn't surprised. Rito's tendency to nerf the wrong areas is still pretty much there, so still expect to see those 5 Thunderlords team comps to bombard your teams.

Also, we should say our byes to Runeglaive boys and girls. Next patch, it will be replaced with the new Runic Echoes as the new AP Jungler item. It was fun while it lasted for a year. Gonna miss Eve having the damage that she needed early.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hate the new Quinn with burning passion. How do you even put the new Quinn behind? You make her have to recall but she returns in 10 seconds. And her E-AA-Q-AA damage is just bull-.

Also Jhin has some Op damage. Too bad most of the meta champions atm completely ruin his, or any other ADCs day.

Also i'm just gonna go ahead and spam Zed this patch till he and the new item are nerfed to the ground, RIP my main.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I was advised by some folks to play HotS as a prelude to "serious" ones, so I might check LoL sometime later.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • League of Legends

I'm certainly enjoying patch 6.3 right now especially when I'm just Russian overkilling supermerdering some people with the new change to Xin's W skill. Also, many of the powerhouses got some little nerfs as well, which is good as i got a little sick and tired of playing against many of the OPs a few patches ago.

New Xin W passive => aside from the heal every 3rd hit, Xin now critically strikes for an extra damage. The extra "crit" damage isn't really high but it did help him deal more DPS overall, i assure you guys, as a Xin player, its not like an overpowering broken change. You still have to wait for a few more items before you can instagib people.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Well, I just played my first ranked match in over a year, as I was having a good day of playing, and I got support. Support is my favorite role, but it's always a toss up with whether or not your team will be good, as Alistar is my main. It was a rough laning phase for Lucian and I, going up against Kalista and Thresh, but we managed on through, staying pretty close, and then let the 8/0 Leblanc carry us to victory. I ended the game 0/4/19, and I'm just happy my first game of ranked in so long went well. And before you ask, yes, I do have ranked anxiety, haha.

Other than that, I've been playing a lot of Renekton recently, and boy is he fun. I'm more of a passive laner, but Renekton's early damage forces me to go aggressive, and I think I'm doing alright during the laning phase. It's just transferring my lead to the late game where I struggle.

Also, I've heard that they're going to put the original solo queue ladder back in sometime, so we don't just have dynamic queue. Have you guys heard anything about that?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • My job is to keep this thread active so:

As much as i love my biased love for patch 6.3 with that pretty Xin W Buff, I also tried out some of the champs that got affected by the changes, and of course i did try out S6's most controversial melee DPS fighter in Jax, who recently got his passive nerfed.

While it may not be as noticeable for some players, especially if they get fed really early with Jax, I did feel some of the nerfs when i had to commit to fights harder than i usually did before. Thats at least 1 or 2 additional seconds of commiting fights, and given that, an additional 1 or 2 seconds of commitment to a fight is indeed a noticeable change.

Ryze is a sad sad man this patch with the meganerf to his passive. 5 Stacks cap? Oh well, goodbye Faker wannabees then. Heck I barely see people playing Ryze now since that meganerf.

Enjoying dynamic queue as well. I can now get the role i want more often than not, but i was fooling around with my alt account and was using "Fill" with the role select option and guess what role I was filling out? SUPPORT of course.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • So I main Shaco, joined a 4 stack with some lovely Golds/Plats I matched up with. No one else wanting to put any position in the Bot lane so we would have enough "diversity" to queue, I set my secondary to ADC (and ofcourse my primary is Jungle, cause clown-town).

We find a match, and we get in, Oh hell, what a suprise! I'm ADC! I don't really touch ADC much aside the 100+ Mid Varus games I played last season in Ranked. The support on my team tells me to go Kog, who I haven't played since like S4, but hell why not, he's "OP" from what I've seen with bans and competitive.

Got in game and my God, I just destroyed my lane with ease (went up against a Jinx/Naut Duo). It was like I was cutting through these guys like butter with just a RageBlade. With that being said I've never had an issue going up against him myself. Since he's prone to being 1 shot by assassins (Shaco?? :) ), but I never knew how strong he was when he actually had a team to peel for him (My lovely 4 stack at work).

Aside Kog the only other champion in the game I have a huge problem with is probably Rammus of all champions. Need a lot of AP to take him out, and AD champions can't do much to him mid-game because multiple armor pen items are needed just to fight this monster (with some life steal thrown in there because of return damage). It took a Lord Dom's, Black Cleaver, Dusk Blade, and Maw (w/ Warrior enchant ontop of all of this) just to be able to do decent damage mid-game to this. Otherwise multiple champions have to hop on him just to kill him, and it also requires decent kiting or his ult will just decimate at least one champion on your team in the fight with return damage ontop of that. I need certain champions to be drafted on my team in order to handle this force of nature (champs like Vayne or Kog for Damage, and champions such as Zac for peel) or he will be a huge problem in fights, as his front line capability is just insane! I've seen him dominate in many ELOs despite being a more uncommon pick compared to most champions. however he is a tad more popular this patch than previous patches.

Edit: Sorry too tired to grammar check this monster of a paragraph, so sorry for any weird word issues :(

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • While i wallow in tears with all of the changes in 6.4, I still have high hopes that I can have fun with my other main, Jarvan, in the near future with the changes that are being discussed in the PBE.

Jarvan changes in the PBE: https://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/02/224-pbe-update.html
    Dragon Strike (Q) now costs 5 less mana from before

Cataclysm aka Jarvan ulti:
    - Now costs 100 Mana at all levels = Yep. Bringing it in line with the mana cost reduction from Dragon Strike.

- NOW DOES AOE DAMAGE to all targets around the Ulti = JESUS CHRIST! Honestly, in my opinion, i think this should have been the way Jarvan's ultimate worked years ago especially for how impressive and high impact looking it is. Then again, if they are pushing through with that, Rito has to do something about the current AD Ratio of his ulti or should definitely make that the surrounding targets take reduced damage while the primary target still eats the full damage. Either way, giving Jarvan more area damage... oh man.

Well... yeah. Nothing much to say. I've been playing Jarvan a bit anyway so its all good for me.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Patch 6.4 is live boys and girls (especially in NA. South East Asia is about to patch up) so expect the following:

- Less ownage of Xin Zhao and Udyr since they got hit here. Though i think they'll still be pretty good. The Xin W AP Ratio nerf really hurts though. Of course you all know that I'm a little offended.

- Ahri nerf, which may not involve numbers but a Mechanics nerf. Then again, i never liked Ahri Charming me out of my dashes so....

- Expect a lot of Katarinas since she got buffed for a zillionth time. Rito plz. When will you just accept reality with Katarina.

- Practice up your Nunus since he may not have gotten any changes here, but considering he's just so fun to play around with especially with Runic Echoes, you guys get the idea.

- Expect Jungle Shen to be a little more common now that his clear is better with E now affecting Neutrals.

- Bloodmoon Yasuo. Finally i can fulfill may dream of playing Jetstream Sam in League. That Red Sword.

Years
  • I've been playing league of legends for about nine months now and I'm thinking about doing ranked games and so far the most success I've had in normal pvp is taking twitch top. The reason I took him top to begin with is the "problems" I've had with solo queue. Twitch is a really good adc but if you have a support that tries to all in without realizing that I have little power to pull it off, so there were several games where he died either because the support was too aggressive and we got kited, or because the enemy team had champs against us that were really good in early game (like Leona and Kalista) who played extremely aggressively and ended up overpowering us.

So I thought, "well it's really hard for twitch to be able to get to his late game when he's up against champs that have gap closers and cc, so who would twitch be able to survive against in the early game so that he can get to his late game?" I think top lane. Where all the melee tanks are. And sometimes Teemo, but he's squishy so it's fine. The first game I played with twitch top I had to fight against Malphite and I realized that twitch's passive would counter Malphites passive so his shield will be down most of the time if I just poke him every so often. Which is easy since twitch is ranged.

Long story short I managed to kill Malphite a few times before we had the first teamfight at the dragon pit and I ended up dying to Quinn but we still ended up winning since the enemy decided that they would have no tanks (Malphite was building full ap I think) and we had a twice as many adc's as they did. But the point of this story is to say, experimenting with champs in some of the latest patches has been really fun, I'm sure some of the things I'm trying have been done before (like adc twisted fate) and one champ I've had a lot of fun with in particular is Aatrox since he was free last week. I've heard that most people take him top since his Jungling isn't as strong as it used to be, but I respectfully disagree.

If build right there is no way any single person can run from you, take exhaust, chilling smite, and randuins, max cdr and he has too many ways to slow people down if they get caught out in a teamfight. Or you can get cleanse and (this works best with friends) jump into the middle of the enemy team, ult, and just aa as many people as possible before you "die" since their attention will be focused on you, your team can just beat them down with ease, or they take their attention off of you and you can last a little longer before his passive triggers. Ideally, they get pushed away and you have a chance to live and fight another day before they return. This tactic is also very effective for baron steals as it turns out.

Jungle gangplank is also quite fun.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I've heard that most people take him top since his Jungling isn't as strong as it used to be, but I respectfully disagree.

I still play Aatrox in the woods since his synergy with Sated Devourer is just way too good to pass up. Combine that with Rageblade and have fun annihilating faces in team fights after popping your ulti. Sated + Rageblade + Hydra Aatrox... so deliciously evil. The only reason why i think people are saying he's weaker is that early game playmakers (aka not Devourer junglers) are still much more game-changing, especially in this current state of the game where item and level spikes are so influential for that snowball.

As for this patch, well, yeah the nerfs to Xin and Udyr are here but given how i play even better when champs get some slight nerfs, i have no problems yet. I run attack speed quints on Xin since they immensely help especially right now with the W ASPD nerf and with Fervor of Battle mastery, its still all good. The Udyr nerf, well i saw that one coming after people saw his sick synergy with Runic Echoes. I thought it was just some niche stuff that people from the higher ELOs were trolling around with until i played said champ and item synergy myself.

The nerfs to the other power picks had it coming to them so I'm enjoying the game even more despite the said nerfs to Xin and Udyr, two of my better junglers. People autolocking Kat in both Normal and Ranked are pretty common now since she got buffed (like a zillionth time) so I'm even more pressured to gank midlane especially since a lot of Kat players are quite demanding for it. A friend of mine who is an avid GP player (since the first versions of GP ever) is currently heartbroken with the barrel limit nerf. Heck, he just started playing Jayce again as it was his S3, S4, and S5 power pick in yolo queue.

Fiora nerfs had it coming. When people learned to max Riposte after Lunge and just leave Bladework at one rank, the super hard carrying flanking anti-backline frontline killing ***** had it coming, especially with the many players who are playing her these days. As much as I do enjoy playing Fiora myself, i did find her a little overtuned during the first few days the rework came to be, and S6 being the season of super snowballs and powerspikes, she had it coming.

Now i'm just tripping around with some other picks. I've tried Gragas since he did get some good changes previously but i don't play well with champs i don't enjoy playing as. I'm still playing Jax even after the nerf he got in the previous patch since i don't find it completely destructive to his viability.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... I believe patch 6.4 is the first patch at least in a while to give a BUFF to a newly released champion. Jhin got some slight buffs, which you usually don't see in a new champion.

Speaking of, what do you guys think of him? I personally love him and am maining him right now. I already have level 5 mastery on him. He is really fun.

Back