• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Ah I meant in opposite--the other games didn't have a lot of new things but they still were great in my opinion. But if you weren't a fan of them then I guess that would lower the hype for you!

Just an observation, not trying to convince you of anything haha.

Personally, I am overly hyped for US/UM despite the lack of new info for now but I can respect your opinion if that's what you think.

Oh hehe. Well I was hyped for USUM ,and I love EVERY Pokemon game so ofc Im gonna play it . But the lack of news just give me the feeling that the new games r gonna be similiar to Sun and moon, without anything major added. Otherwise they would tease us already since the release date is due to come

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I can't find the link right away, but Joe Merrick on Twitter has pointed out numerous times that the lack of news for these games are normal; when it has come to 3rd versions, sequels, and remakes, the pre-release period is much shorter than it is for the starting games of a new Generation. Regardless of whether or not the same content in SM is in USM, there is still some new content that they don't want to give away too much. You can argue that SM had too much revealed, but part of that problem is because of the hackers who datamined those games to hell and back.

We were spoiled too much with SM reveals last year, and it's affected how often the fans want news. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and hope they don't spoil us like that for the Switch game that'll be coming next.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I can't find the link right away, but Joe Merrick on Twitter has pointed out numerous times that the lack of news for these games are normal; when it has come to 3rd versions, sequels, and remakes, the pre-release period is much shorter than it is for the starting games of a new Generation. Regardless of whether or not the same content in SM is in USM, there is still some new content that they don't want to give away too much. You can argue that SM had too much revealed, but part of that problem is because of the hackers who datamined those games to hell and back.

We were spoiled too much with SM reveals last year, and it's affected how often the fans want news. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and hope they don't spoil us like that for the Switch game that'll be coming next.

whhROpJ_Qse07mOsAg4eZg.png

Years
  • I figured I should bring up a new rumour surrounding Festival Plaza, one of the most controversial features of Sun & Moon. So if you haven't heard, the final Global Mission for S/M will be ending three months earlier than it was normally supposed to, sparking rumours and speculation that Festival Plaza may be dumped in US/UM and replaced with something else.

YouTubers Verlisify and PDWinnall have both released videos covering this speculative rumour.

So, if this rumour is true, I can imagine all the positive reception from the fanbase because Festival Plaza was one of the biggest targets of hatred in S/M. Or maybe Game Freak heard about how much people hated the feature and have realised the bad choice they made. Your thoughts on this?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    That would be great, but I'm guessing SM/USUM compatibility should still be possible. If it's true, I'm really curious to see what they'll replace it with.

Years
  • That would be great, but I'm guessing SM/USUM compatibility should still be possible. If it's true, I'm really curious to see what they'll replace it with.

I could imagine compatibility issues being a problem, but then again I know how much Game Freak likes to force you to get the latest games if you want to do online battling.

I mean, it happened when they made the stupid decision to not patch OR/AS Mega Evolutions into X/Y. You were basically forced to get OR/AS if you wanted to battle, and now I dread they'll do something like that again.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I read somewhere that maybe one reason PSS or enabling Wifi connevtion anytime while playing was because it would be hard on older systems to run the engine for SM and online at the same time. I'll try and find the source later but I wanted to post in case anyone else has any thoughts... obviously I'm not a developer so I have no idea.

Years
  • So, there has been that leak of Alola Forms for Swinub and Piloswine floating around, with them seeming to look like pineapples. I'm probably betting on that as fake because first, that design would be a complete joke and second, Mamoswine wasn't included because if you want to do Alola Forms for a whole evolution line, not giving one to the final stage just doesn't make sense.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So, there has been that leak of Alola Forms for Swinub and Piloswine floating around, with them seeming to look like pineapples. I'm probably betting on that as fake because first, that design would be a complete joke and second, Mamoswine wasn't included because if you want to do Alola Forms for a whole evolution line, not giving one to the final stage just doesn't make sense.

I remember seeing that one a couple days ago, and I thought it was kinda cool. A Ground/Grass Piloswine would be awesome imo. I thought the design of it was kinda cute and bad*** at the same time.

Years
  • I remember seeing that one a couple days ago, and I thought it was kinda cool. A Ground/Grass Piloswine would be awesome imo. I thought the design of it was kinda cute and bad*** at the same time.

It would be nice to see another Grass/Ground Pokemon because I think the only one at the moment is Torterra, and that's a final stage starter.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So, this is more or less about the use of terminology when it comes to leak vs rumor. I'm bringing this up because there seems to be a big uproar going on in the Pokemon community right now, specifically Twitter, about it. The issue is that people are using the term "leak" to describe something that's not even confirmed to be true. I'm not just talking about YouTube videos, but individual posts and comments as well. Is it just easier for people to say "leak" instead of "rumor" or what?

Years
  • tumblr_inline_ouln66R6ct1tvvsht_500.png

This leaked Mimikyu artwork is something I figured I'd speculate on. Due to the appearance of Jessie in the bottom right, I'm guessing this may be anime concept art of a new Mimikyu form.

I know that concept art of Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina that was leaked in June 2016 had Ash and Mallow appearing in the Incineroar section of the art, and that hinted towards it being legit, which it was.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
  • I've heard people say they think it's similar to the art style of the person who made the Gladion leak, but I don't know.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There was another image of that Mimikyu form in a magazine scan which look legit. The thing that makes this seem more plaisuble is the fact that back in December it was leaked that Mimikyu had another form along with Lycanroc.

Back