• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So, there has been that leak of Alola Forms for Swinub and Piloswine floating around, with them seeming to look like pineapples. I'm probably betting on that as fake because first, that design would be a complete joke and second, Mamoswine wasn't included because if you want to do Alola Forms for a whole evolution line, not giving one to the final stage just doesn't make sense.

Well don't forget that Raichu got an alolan form and Pikachu didn't. Anythings possible I guess.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Leak and rumor discussion.

This leaked Mimikyu artwork is something I figured I'd speculate on. Due to the appearance of Jessie in the bottom right, I'm guessing this may be anime concept art of a new Mimikyu form.

I know that concept art of Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina that was leaked in June 2016 had Ash and Mallow appearing in the Incineroar section of the art, and that hinted towards it being legit, which it was.

I just seen this on Twitter and was thinking the exact same thing. It also does look similar in art style to the Aether Gladion artwork from earlier, which btw has the same red 'confidential' stamp that the starter leaks had.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • If that Mimikyu leak is real, then I'm kinda disappointed, it's not scary at all... Maybe it has a big gaping mouth with millions of teeth in rows around it (like a Lamprey eel)...

Last edited:
    Years
  • If that Mimikyu leak is real, then I'm kinda disappointed, it's not scary at all... Maybe it has a big gaping mouth with millions of teeth...

To be fair, the leak is what I'd imagine Mimikyu's true unmasked form would be like because there was a lot of speculation as to what it would look like, but that appearance was being hidden under the rag.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I actually like that "supposed" new Mimikyu form ^^ However, I don't feel like it's true unfortunately... Is it me or are we getting less rumours than an year ago?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • There is a possible reason for that, the games might just be a retread with a fresh coat of paint.

I think it's because the people who start the false rumors don't have much information to go on. The false leakers may think these games are just a simple retread like what 3rd versions have been known for, so they're not bothering to come up with ideas to fool people. Until proven otherwise, I refuse to believe that Game Freak is going back to the 3rd version formula with USUM. They went with sequels in Gen 5, completely skipped a Zygarde-centered 3rd version in Gen 6, and gave us Trials instead of Gyms in Gen 7. People have taken something as simple and trivial as Dusk Lycanroc's appearance and turned it into an omen for these games and it's utterly ridiculous.

Years
  • I think it's because the people who start the false rumors don't have much information to go on. The false leakers may think these games are just a simple retread like what 3rd versions have been known for, so they're not bothering to come up with ideas to fool people. Until proven otherwise, I refuse to believe that Game Freak is going back to the 3rd version formula with USUM. They went with sequels in Gen 5, completely skipped a Zygarde-centered 3rd version in Gen 6, and gave us Trials instead of Gyms in Gen 7. People have taken something as simple and trivial as Dusk Lycanroc's appearance and turned it into an omen for these games and it's utterly ridiculous.

I personally do agree with you. Just because US/UM is being promoted as an "alternate story" doesn't mean it'll be a retread of typical third versions. Heck, the story could really blow us away like the Unova games did, which had one of the best main series plots to date.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • The Mimikyu leak is fake, just like the Aether Gladion was.

Without sounding too much like I've got a stick stuck up my behind, I want to say that we always need to be skeptical of supposed 'leaks'. Just typing 'Sugimori Fakemon' into Google is enough to bring up hundreds of incredibly well-drawn images which are almost indistinguishable from official art. For that reason, I think it's important that we don't buy into any leaks unless there is other evidence supporting them.

And these artists aren't stupid - they know how to make these things look real. They know that if they add a confidential stamp, it'll look more real. They know that if they add anime characters, it'll remind people of the real starter evolution leaks from last year. They know that if they make their information line up with an upcoming anime episode, people will remember that's what happened with Dusk Form Lycanroc. And they know that if they make their information similar to that in other supposed leaks, people will believe that makes it more credible.

I'm not trying to call anyone out and I'm certainly not trying to tell people it's wrong to speculate. By all means post these images and discuss them - I love that too and I think some of the art is super cool. What I am trying to say is that we shouldn't buy into them unless there is real evidence, which means a trusted source. Otherwise we're only going to disappoint ourselves.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    There seems to be a video that had gone private that said to have footage on USUM. I don't buy it for a second.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Where did you hear this? If there is, I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with Worlds since that starts today, with opening ceremony at 9 AM PDT.
    It was on bulbagarden forums in the rumors & leaks section of USUM. It show a picture of what appears to be a new building. 4chan had it.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Looking at the leaked picture, I guess that probably might kill off the Gyms theory. Guess that the Island Trials will be staying for US/UM.

That's what I was thinking, I wonder what it could be? I have a feeling I might not be using this new feature, the Contests and stuff like Pokestar Studios were features that I barely used, and this looks like a similar feature.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    That's what I was thinking, I wonder what it could be? I have a feeling I might not be using this new feature, the Contests and stuff like Pokestar Studios were features that I barely used, and this looks like a similar feature.

I'm with u on that..

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I think that this new building is gonna be related to that Pokemon camera feature..
    Hope Im wrong

Back