• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Here's a full list of leaks that matter most in order for everyone to catch up:

Spoiler:

Years
    Here's a full list of leaks that matter most in order for everyone to catch up:

Spoiler:

Nice to have you compile that, because the Chinese leak in particular is the one that I see predicting the most correct info if it had a fair bit of it confirmed in the trailer from earlier this week. I still hope split evolutions for the starters will be fake because it goes against the idea of the starters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2019
    Nice to have you compile that, because the Chinese leak in particular is the one that I see predicting the most correct info if it had a fair bit of it confirmed in the trailer from earlier this week. I still hope split evolutions for the starters will be fake because it goes against the idea of the starters.
    Seeing how some Pokemon will have different typing/forms this gen it wont surprise me.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    All I know is that if Rowlet's archer evolution is real, this will be the first generation where I choose the grass type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We've gotten something that isn't gym leaders. I don't see what the issue of split evolutions for starters is. Perhaps they'll depend on the time of day, or on the version itself...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    We've gotten something that isn't gym leaders. I don't see what the issue of split evolutions for starters is. Perhaps they'll depend on the time of day, or on the version itself...
    If the evolution designs for Litten and Popplio leaked are for a certain version, I'm automatically going to get the opposite. If Rowlet's awesome evolution is paired with them, I'll bite and that one with Hoodlet will be mine. If it's by time of day, then it won't really matter. I hope that means these alternate evolutions will be separate Pokemon in their own right instead of merely forms.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I don't like the idea of split evos for the starters either. Starters are supposed to be iconic and straightforward, and split evos would take away from that in several ways.

That's some Digimon stuff right there. And while I love me some Digimon, I don't want this for Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't like the idea of split evos for the starters either. Starters are supposed to be iconic and straightforward, and split evos would take away from that in several ways.

That's some Digimon stuff right there. And while I love me some Digimon, I don't want this for Pokemon.
    Megas, and Alolan variations have made Pokémon a bit more like Digimon. At this point I can see split evolutions. We did get a split starter Megas.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't see a problem with split evolutions for the starters, for me, it would just make them more memorable.

It could be based on gender. I am not a fan of the time of day thing being a thing in the video games. Especially when Time of the day makes an impact on a number of things. And I really hope that part is false. I just don't like the idea of it being mostly dark or mostly day time. Especially with time changes in certain areas.

And I don't see how Types changes have anything to do with making it more like Digimon. They adabt.

And Mega Evolution is more like Super Saiyan, not Digievolution.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Megas, and Alolan variations have made Pokémon a bit more like Digimon. At this point I can see split evolutions. We did get a split starter Megas.
    I like Alolan forms specifically because its one aspect I like about Digimon. I was only specifically talking about starters getting split evos. If it happens, I'll be really disappointed. I'd very much like starters to stay simplistic and straightforward without worrying about convoluted evolution methods to get the version I like later on in the game.

Just because it happened before with Mega Charizard, doesn't mean I'll like it. Hell, I despise the whole idea of Mega Charizard for this very reason.

Years

I agree. Starters are meant to be the mascots of the generation and messing up with the formula of the starters would be going against what a starter is meant to represent. I don't want Pokemon pulling any Digimon stuff, even if one can argue the Mega Evolution mechanic was somehow inspired by Digimon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Just to be clear here, I'm all for changing up the formula, and I'm completely on board with ideas that remind me of Digimon (like Alolan forms). Everything I've seen so far, save for Z moves, are ideas I'm all for.

But that split starter evo stuff is lame. Starters to me are iconic, they're the mascots of their generation. When I think of Sinnoh, I think of Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar and their respective evos. When I look at the concept leak of the starter evos, I'm looking forward to finding out more about them. But I'd be disappointed to find out there's gonna be another batch of starters, it'll detract from the ones we already know about, and I'd be hardpressed to be excited for the new ones. I also don't want to pick Rowlet knowing I'm gonna miss out on an entirely new form that I could have gotten. I don't wanna worry about that stuff. Let's keep things simple, please.

Don't wanna look back to, say, Kalos and think "oh yeah I like Greninja...and the other Greninja."

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Merging with your Pokémon is inherently leagues more Digimon-esque than any other feature to be implemented or rumored for these games so far (it is literally a concept taken from Digimon Tamers), and lots of people want it. Even at this point lots of people seem sure we're going to get it. I don't like it because it's inherently leagues more Digimon-esque than any other feature or be implemented or rumored for these games so far, but that's just me.

Split evolutions on the other hand is something I wouldn't even mind for other generations of Pokémon starters, in addition to this one. It makes sense thematically for these guys, too, if they're based on time of day.
    Most owls are nocturnal so Rowlett's evolution could be changed to a more dormant form in the daytime.
    Popplio could be a more reserved showman in the day but a more extravagant entertainer at night.
    By day, Litten is the slick quadruped tiger this series deserved. By night, he stands up, dons his mask, and becomes John Cena.

And it's honestly way more unique than anything we've got so far, too.
    Island Trials are just Gyms but with a fetch quest to do instead of just a battle.
    Alola Forms are just....alternate forms of older Pokémon. Wow their Type is different. That's so wild. I've never seen form changes that change their Type before.

I've kind of played around with the idea of split evolutions for starters before because it further lets the player enjoy the game how they want.
    "Oh you got Popplio too? Which Entermaid did you evolve it into?"
    "Night Entermaid. You?"
    "Neat. I picked Day."
    "Never speak to me again."
    The same kind of thing we always have to deal with.

Also, when I read this rumor I was imagining the Pokémon legit change forms as the day goes on. Not that it's a permanent thing. But I'm okay with either if it means we get justice for Litten.

And people are acting like some form of "starter bias" hasn't been done before. In XY you have to trade to get both Mega Stones for Charizard, and in that case you didn't even have a choice in which one you got in the first place. And don't even get me started with this Ash-Greninja that people actually want to have in-game. Split evolution starters, or starter final evolutions that undergo form changes, are so much better than either of these things that we've had happen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I think the new forms and split evolutions are a great and new mechanic that is going to be great in competitions and makes the breeding aspect interesting.

I think Z crystals and attacks is a side addition that could be useful to some, but useless addition for many and will just not be used.

No gyms.... Since this part with the four champions and league are still not very clear, it makes me worry about adding too many new things to an empire game that has been loved throughout the world. I personally hope there are still gym leaders and that the champions for each island are just a new way of battling the Elite 4.. I would be OK with that.

Years
    I don't think its real !
    Because , It can not turn its head around like Rowlet because of that hood.

Pokemon don't always keep the same characteristics throughout its evolution line. Look at examples like how Slowpoke was able to fish using its tail but Slowbro can't because of the Shellder biting its tail, or how Fennekin eats twigs while its evolution Braixen doesn't eat twigs but instead keeps one in its tail.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokemon don't always keep the same characteristics throughout its evolution line. Look at examples like how Slowpoke was able to fish using its tail but Slowbro can't because of the Shellder biting its tail, or how Fennekin eats twigs while its evolution Braixen doesn't eat twigs but instead keeps one in its tail.

But they keep their animal Characteristics.
    Rowlet can turn his head 360o Because it is a Owl.
    It should keep his Owl characteristic.

However I do wish Litten evolution to look more like Meicoomon and Meicrakmon if it has to evolve into a bipedal Cat.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So Famon posted this image at the anime subforum to debunk the final evos leak as false and nothing more than deviantART fakemon:

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

However, that doesn't even explain the whole Mallow situation.

Nice to have you compile that, because the Chinese leak in particular is the one that I see predicting the most correct info if it had a fair bit of it confirmed in the trailer from earlier this week.

It was compiled by 4chan and was then sourced into KYM, allowing me to copy/paste without having to worry about the original 4chan image deleted when the thread is eventually archived.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back