• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    This leak screams fake. There's no way that pre-Gen 6 Pokemon will keep their pre-Gen 6 typings/stats. I know this because Gen 5 Pokemon have their types/stats updated when banked into X/Y/OR/AS.

Years
  • This leak screams fake. There's no way that pre-Gen 6 Pokemon will keep their pre-Gen 6 typings/stats. I know this because Gen 5 Pokemon have their types/stats updated when banked into X/Y/OR/AS.

I think you mean all older gen Pokemon who became Fairy-types in 6th Gen. Other than Fairy-types, there were no other type reclassifications for older Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think you mean all older gen Pokemon who became Fairy-types in 6th Gen. Other than Fairy-types, there were no other type reclassifications for older Pokemon.

Magenmite is Pure Electric in Gen 1, so by the same principal it wouldn't be Steel type when transferred.

Years
  • Magenmite is Pure Electric in Gen 1, so by the same principal it wouldn't be Steel type when transferred.

I was going to mention Magnemite, but speaking of 1st Gen and 2nd Gen I came across this:
    Spoiler:

He's basically mentioning the Time Machine feature from 2nd Gen, and Pokemon Bank has the transfer from 6th to 7th Gen feature. It would be interesting if Bank had Time Machine-like features.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    A Pokemon that can have any type combination through breeding. As much as I'd love for something like this, like above, this will most likely never happen. That's too complex for this game. A temporary type switch like Protean, Color Change, or the few moves that alter your type in battle. 1 Pokemon having access to all 18 types is a bit ridiculous.

Really it doesn't sound too complex for Pokemon.. Look at Arceus for example--it has access to all 18 types.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was going to mention Magnemite, but speaking of 1st Gen and 2nd Gen I came across this:
    Spoiler:

He's basically mentioning the Time Machine feature from 2nd Gen, and Pokemon Bank has the transfer from 6th to 7th Gen feature. It would be interesting if Bank had Time Machine-like features.

I'm seriously doubting it. Mainly because, Pokebank so far has been stated to only work one way concerning Gen 7. Both VC and Gen 6 info says that they can only move forward and Gen 6 info doesn't say anything about them being able to move back to Gen 6.

Gen 6 Global Link is being shut down and changed to Gen 7 for new features like the host your own competition. Since trading and such is hosted through a different server they are keeping those up, but it shows that a lot of the Gen 6 specific features are being shut down. So Pokebank may get an update to no longer work with Gen 6 games the way they do now. We may have to use the transporter to port Gen 6 to Pokebank to allow us to withdraw them in Gen 7 just as we do now with Gen 5.

Years
  • I'm seriously doubting it. Mainly because, Pokebank so far has been stated to only work one way concerning Gen 7. Both VC and Gen 6 info says that they can only move forward and Gen 6 info doesn't say anything about them being able to move back to Gen 6.

Gen 6 Global Link is being shut down and changed to Gen 7 for new features like the host your own competition. Since trading and such is hosted through a different server they are keeping those up, but it shows that a lot of the Gen 6 specific features are being shut down. So Pokebank may get an update to no longer work with Gen 6 games the way they do now. We may have to use the transporter to port Gen 6 to Pokebank to allow us to withdraw them in Gen 7 just as we do now with Gen 5.

You do have a point, in that Verlisify's Time Machine theory may be void since 6th Gen support is getting shut down, in a similar vein to how 4th/5th Gen support was ended with wi-fi servers getting shut down. Like you said, Pokemon Bank could get patched to be unable to work with any 6th Gen features other than Poke Transporter which is the transfer feature.

Considering the trailer when it showed the supposed new summary screen with Pikachu, there's a new symbol that seems likely to serve a similar purpose to the blue pentagon that 6th Gen had. Which essentially means that everyone has to start fresh again when it comes to most competitive battles.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Time for another leak I found from 4chan:

Spoiler:

Years
  • So this is interesting... I was hoping we'd get more evolutions revealed soon along with a version-exclusive duo so that could be promising.

The starters' middle evolutions (Spectrix, Foeline and Pierreo) descriptions seem very likely to also match up with those final evos leaked on the concept art. Kinda odd that Popplio remains pure Water while the other two have secondary types, but maybe Popplio's line doesn't gain the presumed Fairy-type until it's fully-evolved.

Yungoos evolution is Normal/Dark? Another new type combination that I'd love to see, even if it's unfortunately 4x weak to Fighting. The three new abilities mentioned all seem interesting, especially Cool Off completely nulling a Water weakness for a Ground-type.

Those blurbs would look like something from the official site, but we'll see on Monday if this leak is real or not.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I've been watching this 4chan leak. I still don't buy the starter evolutions. They have been to piggybacked.

When one leak is piggybacked off of another, it almost never ends up true. Let's look at the most recent one, being the owl, fire thing, and seal thing leak for starters. Yes we got animals like those as the starters, but designs were nowhere near accurate.

The same thing happened with all the Smash bros 4 leaks. The only real ones, were the ones with unexpected choices like Shulk or duck hunt, etc.

So I'm still skeptic and am leaning towards fake with it. But I'll give the leaker this, if fake he did some good observations on how GF would make mons.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Poets writing poems about the beauty of a slime Pokemon sounds so ridiculous it has to be true.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So the first leak in this thread is pretty much confirmed fake? We didn't see any of the stuff it said we would in the last reveal. (I'm kinda glad, i hated most of the ideas anyways)
    I think the starter evolution leaks are fake too. Doesn't really seem to fit with the other stuff we've seen.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    So the first leak in this thread is pretty much confirmed fake? We didn't see any of the stuff it said we would in the last reveal. (I'm kinda glad, i hated most of the ideas anyways)
    I think the starter evolution leaks are fake too. Doesn't really seem to fit with the other stuff we've seen.

How was it confirmed fake?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back