• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Last week they did say that the next footage would be broadcast on the Pokenchi episode that airs 17th July for Japan. Since then we have had that Japanese trailer that shown the riding Pokemon, it could be that trailer or completely new info. Either way we will find out later as it airs around 8am JST.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I have a feeling it's only going to be that Adventure trailer we've already saw this week being shown at Pokenchi. They did it before with the SuMo teaser trailer.

So if Movie 19 had a teaser showing Rowlet, Litten and Popplio in what will be Movie 20 then that certainly means an anime saga for Sun & Moon is very likely coming. It'll be interesting to see what the Alola starters will look like in the anime.

And to think everyone thought the anime was going to get cancelled before SuMo is out due to low viewership ratings. XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So, the Pokenchi thing showed the same Japanese trailer we got earlier in the week. Don't really see much else coming out until a TPCi announcement like with Drampa and Co. So we'll have a while to stew on the mysteries of Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu. Maybe we'll get more Pokemon then as well~

blue

gucci
    Years
    It wasn't really surprising that Pokenchi had nothing new to show, especially after the amount of content we've had over the past few weeks. Since CoroCoro are unexpectedly revealing new Pokemon, I'd say that would be our next source for new information unless they decide to drop another beginning of the month trailer for August.

Years
    Yeah, I knew Pokenchi was going to disappoint again. Never trusting Pokenchi again.

Anyways, hopefully we'll get a new trailer early next month, and if not there's the next CoroCoro to look forward to since it'll be a very special Southern Alola Guide edition. Since August was when Mega Evolution was revealed for X/Y, maybe it could be time to reveal the supposed "super moves" mechanic?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    You know, something just crossed my mind. We don't actually know a whole lot about Alola and it's already mid-July. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't we know most of past regions either by this time period or next month or so? Sure, we've been getting flooded with new Pokemon here and there which is more than what I expected, but not much about the region itself, evil team, gym leaders, the core parts of the game and stuff.

We'll probably see our first gym and a mention of the evil team from the Southern Alola Guide CoroCoro is promising us. Guides tend to give us tips and hidden secrets on certain areas of the game.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Yeah, the fact we didn't get a trailer this week featuring "Copybara" or "Georilla" pretty much kills the Euro leak.

Chinese leak is still alive, tho.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    You know, something just crossed my mind. We don't actually know a whole lot about Alola and it's already mid-July. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't we know most of past regions either by this time period or next month or so? Sure, we've been getting flooded with new Pokemon here and there which is more than what I expected, but not much about the region itself, evil team, gym leaders, the core parts of the game and stuff.

We'll probably see our first gym and a mention of the evil team from the Southern Alola Guide CoroCoro is promising us. Guides tend to give us tips and hidden secrets on certain areas of the game.

That's what I'm suspecting may happen. But I have a feeling we'll get that info much earlier through an official site update like what we've been getting the past few months. If so, most likely the first couple weeks of August before CoroCoro comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within the first week of August, and I almost bet we'll be notified about it this coming week or the next week.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's what I'm suspecting may happen. But I have a feeling we'll get that info much earlier through an official site update like what we've been getting the past few months. If so, most likely the first couple weeks of August before CoroCoro comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within the first week of August, and I almost bet we'll be notified about it this coming week or the next week.

Considering that the next Corocoro issue is coming early (officially the 12th of August), I think that we could see some news prior to the end of this month, that is if they want to spread out the news more evenly.

Years
    Considering that the next Corocoro issue is coming early (officially the 12th of August), I think that we could see some news prior to the end of this month, that is if they want to spread out the news more evenly.

That would actually be interesting, if we don't get more news in the next two weeks we could get something in the first week of August if they want to go down that route.

Yeah, the fact we didn't get a trailer this week featuring "Copybara" or "Georilla" pretty much kills the Euro leak.

Chinese leak is still alive, tho.

You are correct that the leak from the main who claimed to be fired from the European translation team is partly fake for now, but the Chinese leak is still in contention for credibility.

Years
    I wont believe it until its confirmed, and if it is real i will be really disappointed.

Can you specify which parts of the leak are "disappointing" to you? Because I know there have been mixed reactions to what some of the leaks mention.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    You are correct that the leak from the main who claimed to be fired from the European translation team is partly fake for now, but the Chinese leak is still in contention for credibility.
    ... Isn't that exactly what I said?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4tokxf/rumor_more_on_that_chinese_rumor_from_some_time/

Another interesting leak. Most of the stuff in this one I believe to be obviously fake but it's still worth taking a look.
    Ah, I was waiting for someone to post this here.

Anyways, the leak definitely does have some weight as he got both Beware's (well, hinted at it at least, but still got it) and Mimikyu's, however, some of the stuff sounds just a bit Farfetch'd. I wouldn't be surprised if the leaker is legit but he made up some of the stuff to mess with us.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There are new forms of old Pokemon which are not Mega Evolutions but more along the line of Shellos/Wordam. Another chunk of information suggests that these are a few Pokemon that'll get new forms... Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Rattata line (Dark), Nidoqueen/Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), Ninetails (Fire/Fairy), Growlithe line (Water), Abra line (Fighting), Duduo line (Fighting/Flying)

Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats

These two scream fake. Growlithe Water type? Abra Fighting Type? No. Also Pre-Gen 6 Pokemon NOT having Gen 6 typings? That doesn't even seem possible. If you transfer a Clefairy, why would the data not pull from the current game's info and use old info? That seems arbitrary and needlessly confusing.

There is a 2 stage cat Pokemon that is Normal when captures but will inherit the fathers primary type as its 2nd type when hatched and the color/pattern varies by type

A Pokemon that can have any type combination through breeding. As much as I'd love for something like this, like above, this will most likely never happen. That's too complex for this game. A temporary type switch like Protean, Color Change, or the few moves that alter your type in battle. 1 Pokemon having access to all 18 types is a bit ridiculous.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to mix their own fake leaks with the possibly real Chinese leak. It happened before with Smash Bros. 4 when a leak involving Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men being in the initial roster was mixed in with the leak involving Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt a few months before the ESRB leak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back