• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    We have had a Pokemon that changed primary type (Togetic/Togekiss going from Normal/Flying to Fairy/Flying, as well as Fletchling going from Normal/Flying to Fire/Flying when it evolves) but other than that it's usually the secondary type that changes, so I can see where you're going here. Doesn't help that the leak is from the usually unreliable and untrustworthy 4chan.

Togepi's line was errata'd into being Fairy Type along with others (Clefairy, Snubbull) and only gains a secondary as normally did so it's primary type doesn't change. (Barring Pokemon like Eevee)

Very few Pokemon change Primary type when evolving outside of the Primary type being Normal from what I can remember. Swablu to Altaria goes from Normal to Dragon. Eevee of course changes from Normal to Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice, or Fairy. Fletchling to Fletchinder from Normal to Fire. I can't see any case of them adding a new type and making it the new Primary type without either disregarding the theme of the Pokemon or completely changing the way the Pokemon works. Rock/Normal would work as it follows the tagging on a secondary type general thing.

If I recall one of the leakers that said the same thing about Litten's evo said it was Dark/Fire which instantly flagged it as fake to me. Another rumor, don't know if it was considered a leak since I found it on Tumblr, but some are saying that Pancham split evolves into the new bear, which like with Rockruff makes little sense as the new bear is Normal/Fighting and Pancham is Fighting.

Years
    If I recall one of the leakers that said the same thing about Litten's evo said it was Dark/Fire which instantly flagged it as fake to me. Another rumor, don't know if it was considered a leak since I found it on Tumblr, but some are saying that Pancham split evolves into the new bear, which like with Rockruff makes little sense as the new bear is Normal/Fighting and Pancham is Fighting.

I recall that one leak that mentioned the starters' final evos being an archer, wrestler and siren mentioned they would be Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy respectively. Dark-type likely referring to the type of wrestler who fights with dirty tactics.

As for Kiteruguma being a split evolution of Pancham I can't see it being the case since Kiteruguma is based on a red panda and as I know, red pandas aren't bears unlike the giant panda that Pancham is based on. Also, we haven't had new evolutions for older Pokemon since 4th Gen, not counting Sylveon.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    May I just say that "this typing change has never happened in evolution before" is a useless point? I'm not saying it's true or anything (I highly doubt Rock will evolve into Normal/Rock), but nothing should be disqualified purely on the basis of "Pokemon has never done that before", especially when this is typings we're talking about. New weird stuff is done with them all the time. We get new type combos every gen, it seems ridiculous to me to purport that one typing cannot become a very similar typing because the change in question doesn't follow patterns.

In this gen, you can take your hat off and your trainer does dance moves in battle. Patterns are great for prediction, but they prove nothing.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I recall that one leak that mentioned the starters' final evos being an archer, wrestler and siren mentioned they would be Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy respectively. Dark-type likely referring to the type of wrestler who fights with dirty tactics.

As for Kiteruguma being a split evolution of Pancham I can't see it being the case since Kiteruguma is based on a red panda and as I know, red pandas aren't bears unlike the giant panda that Pancham is based on. Also, we haven't had new evolutions for older Pokemon since 4th Gen, not counting Sylveon.

The Dark/Fire was one of the four or five "Leak" threads that appeared last night with the pictures of the supposed middle evolutions, Rockruff's evolution, and some Fire/Grass Pumpkin thing.

As for starter types, I'm personally sticking with the original discovery that started the theory that Rowlet would become Grass/Ground, Little remain pure fire, and Popplio became Water/Fighting due to the type order appearing in the Japanese Pokemon site's coding. Since it's one of two discoveries made specifically on the Pokemon site with the second being Drampa and co being ripped from one of them. For me it holds way more credit than the many unsourced leaks cropping up every few hours.

Years
    When I went on the pages for the website that showed the types, the page now denies access. So I'm not sure if the previous leak holds water anymore. Especially since Ghost was put before Steel when Solgaleo came before Lunala.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    We don't know Solgaleo and Lunala's pokedex number. If Lunala appears in the Pokedex before Solgaleo then it still fits, but by the time we'd find that out we'd know the typings already. We also finally got a Fighting type Pokemon added, even if it isn't on the website yet despite it appearing forever ago. Outside of Zygarde, we don't have a new Ground type yet.

Speaking of the Japanese version. OMG IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE US ONE! WHY CAN'T WE HAVE PRETTY DESIGNS LIKE THESE?!

The layout changed a bit so I'm not surprised if they redid the picture coding.

Ya, they changed the site and removed the type icons and replaced them with written text values. My Google translate is a goldmine right now. OMG.

Since this part is somewhat offtopic, I'mma put these in spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    What I meant was that Solgaleo was put on the website before Lunala. On the website, Lunala comes after Solgaleo, but the Ghost type was placed before the Steel type in the data code. I did take a look and the Japanese site does look different. This probably puts a dent in the Grass/Ground, Fire, Water/Fighting typing for the starters. Besides Popplio has a terrible attack stat and it's the Pokémon that you suggested would become the Fighting type. I also think that Drampa and the other Pokémon were taken from the Russian website.

Years
    I could see rockruff being normal/rock during the day and dark/rock at night (or new weather condition opposite of sunny day) if the other leak was correct in claiming it is a werewolf.

Years
    The Dark/Fire was one of the four or five "Leak" threads that appeared last night with the pictures of the supposed middle evolutions, Rockruff's evolution, and some Fire/Grass Pumpkin thing.

As for starter types, I'm personally sticking with the original discovery that started the theory that Rowlet would become Grass/Ground, Little remain pure fire, and Popplio became Water/Fighting due to the type order appearing in the Japanese Pokemon site's coding. Since it's one of two discoveries made specifically on the Pokemon site with the second being Drampa and co being ripped from one of them. For me it holds way more credit than the many unsourced leaks cropping up every few hours.

I'm pretty sure that was the 4chan leak that Pinkie shared, since it mentions a pumpkin-like Pokemon and the evolutions in question.

As for the type order in the Japanese site's coding, I don't believe Grass/Ground, Water/Fighting and pure Fire to be the starters' final evos typings because Popplio was revealed to mainly be a special attacker with good defensive stats, and Fighting has usually been classed physical since pretty nearly every Fighting move is physical except for Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave and Focus Blast. Seeing Popplio in the E3 footage debunked that Japanese site type codings for me, since Popplio being a special attacker is something that I just can't see becoming a Fighting-type because the type is highly associated with physical attackers.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that was the 4chan leak that Pinkie shared, since it mentions a pumpkin-like Pokemon and the evolutions in question.

As for the type order in the Japanese site's coding, I don't believe Grass/Ground, Water/Fighting and pure Fire to be the starters' final evos typings because Popplio was revealed to mainly be a special attacker with good defensive stats, and Fighting has usually been classed physical since pretty nearly every Fighting move is physical except for Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave and Focus Blast. Seeing Popplio in the E3 footage debunked that Japanese site type codings for me, since Popplio being a special attacker is something that I just can't see becoming a Fighting-type because the type is highly associated with physical attackers.
    They've been snapping some traditions as of late. Perhaps we'll get our first special fighter who isn't Keldeo.

Years
    They've been snapping some traditions as of late. Perhaps we'll get our first special fighter who isn't Keldeo.

They could, but with the supposed rumor of Popplio's final evolution being based on a siren makes Water/Fairy a more probable typing since sirens are known to lure with their voices and Popplio learns Disarming Voice, a Fairy-type move.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The movie started in Japan for Volcanion and Magearna, there's a teaser for the 2017 movie starring Alola starters.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Tochic started with lower ATK than SpA. It's SpA was 70 and ATK was 60. When it evolved to Blaziken ATK became 120 and SpA became 110. Chimchar had both ATK and SpA dead even even when it evolved into Infernape. Chimchar's attack was lower than Torchic's at 58. Meditite and Medicham's ATK and SpA are pretty dead even, though they are part psychic. Shroomish was pretty low in both ATK and SpA. Croagunk is also dead even with ATK and SpA and it's a Poison type which used to be a Physical type and has a pretty close number of Physical to Special moves.

We also don't know what nature the Popplio in the video had. If it had an Attack Detrimental Nature then its attack was probably lower than it could have been for the video. Also depending on what IVs it had.

Years
    The movie started in Japan for Volcanion and Magearna, there's a teaser for the 2017 movie starring Alola starters.

So if Movie 19 had a teaser showing Rowlet, Litten and Popplio in what will be Movie 20 then that certainly means an anime saga for Sun & Moon is very likely coming. It'll be interesting to see what the Alola starters will look like in the anime.

Years
    16th July is on lets see connections

I'm sure the only thing we'll get today is a new English trailer that will likely be showcasing what was revealed in CoroCoro and/or the Japanese trailer. No connection to recent leaks for now.

Anyways, re Xander - you do have a point, since some Pokemon have changed stat preference as they evolve but it's usually an uncommon sight. Torchic may have been the only starter that changed its preferred attacking stat as it evolved, while Chimchar was even like you said.

I personally predict Rowlet will be a physical attacker with decent bulk (though not as much as Popplio) and Litten will be a fast mixed attacker, since those should complement Popplio being the slow bulky special attacker.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Guys weren't we supposed to get something new today? I mean it's 11pm in Japan now so I doubt we'll get anything this late but what happened? Was it just a rumor or was it official??????

Years
    Guys weren't we supposed to get something new today? I mean it's 11pm in Japan now so I doubt we'll get anything this late but what happened? Was it just a rumor or was it official������

I recall an official announcement saying a trailer was supposed to drop on July 16th. Kinda weird it hasn't surfaced yet.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Hmm... IIRC, what was supposed to happen on the 16th was something specific to the Japanese website. There is something brand-new on the Japanese site and it's just a bunch of SM merchandise like bags and posters 'n whatnot.

The trailer that's supposed to happen won't happen until the Pokenchi episode, although I have a sneaky suspicion it's going to be the same one we already seen a couple days ago.

Years
    The trailer that's supposed to happen won't happen until the Pokenchi episode, although I have a sneaky suspicion it's going to be the same one we already seen a couple days ago.

You could be right, we were teased something that didn't happen or is likely to be a letdown. Pokenchi so far this pre-release period has been nothing but disappointments and don't be surprised if we get another disappointing trailer recap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back