• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well that's a shame. Wasnt a big fan of the black/red one, but the lugia looked cool.
    And like some people have been saying, most leaks come with mistakes, so either Marshadow doesn't have a unique type, they got the type wrong, or it just doesn't exist.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I've seen a video where the entire pokedex was leaked (not confirmed). I wouldn't share a leak however, out of respect for the company and the community.

Oh it's a shame that you don't want to link it, I'd really like to see that.

EDIT: Found it on YouTube instantly. Thanks for telling us about it!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've seen a video where the entire pokedex was leaked (not confirmed). I wouldn't share a leak however, out of respect for the company and the community.

Are you talking about the video Hikamaru posted from the previous page? If so, then we've already seen it, so need to feel any disrespect.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    CoroCoro is out.

NkQuDdV.jpg

BUfdkn3.jpg

BcXBrr4.jpg

MSavIWs.jpg

Years
  • So, a sum-up of what's been shown if you're wondering:

• New sandcastle Pokemon named Sunabaa and its evolution Shirodesuna which are both Ground/Ghost-types
    • Bewear pre-evolution is called Nuikoguma and like its evolution, it keeps the Normal/Fighting typing
    • A new fish Pokemon named Yowashi - it's a pure Water-type and can apparently change into a larger form, called "Group Form"
    • New Alola Forms for Meowth and Marowak - Meowth is Dark-type and Marowak is Fire/Ghost-type
    • Members of the new villianous team Team Skull are shown - its boss is named Guzuma and the girl is named Burumeri
    Anyways, that's just a bit of what CoroCoro has shown off but it also confirms the leaked Pokedex list is fake because there was no mention of a Ground/Ghost Pokemon and Bewear has now confirmed to get a pre-evolution - the list mentioned Bewear was going to be a standalone Pokemon.

Also, I totally called Marowak's Alola Form being a Fire-type because of Kiawe mentioned to have one as his best Pokemon. It actually looks really awesome, while I don't seem to like Meowth's Alola Form as much but maybe it'll grow on me.

Edit: According to Serebii, it appears next month's CoroCoro will be showcasing Rockruff's special evolution so this means we could be getting the split evolutions rumor confirmed if that will be the case.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Okay, before anyone critizes the Sandcastle Ghost, I would like to say that I find it actually more interesting than the Vanillixue line, and I don't even particularly dislike that line. :x

Alola Meowth looks weird, though... i suppose not in a bad way.

Sandcastle ghost is awesome. I don't think ghosts get as hard a time as other Pokemon though.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm not really digging the new Pokemon and Alola Formes from this particular batch, which sucks because I've liked a vast majority of them so far.

Also the new evil team... I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard. I don't know why I'm laughing, but it's happening.

Years
  • What I find interesting though, is that more and more Kanto Pokemon are still getting the Alola form treatment. I'm actually starting to question now whether or not Pokemon from other generations are going to receive similar treatment? They should, in all honesty, but I'm a bit hesitant on that, now.

It's possible that the Alola Forms may all be going to only 1st Gen Pokemon and as you know I really despise pandering towards the original Pokemon because I don't see anything special with Kanto other than the fact they have the most iconic Pokemon, and it's not fair if they get special treatment at the expense of other Pokemon that could have suited Alola Forms better.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    What I find interesting though, is that more and more Kanto Pokemon are still getting the Alola form treatment. I'm actually starting to question now whether or not Pokemon from other generations are going to receive similar treatment? They should, in all honesty, but I'm a bit hesitant on that, now.

I'm starting to doubt it myself. It also gives newer players more incentive to buy the VC releases and transfer up to SM to get the vanilla forms if they focus on giving only gen 1 Pokemon Alolan forms.

Years
  • I'm starting to doubt it myself. It also gives newer players more incentive to buy the VC releases and transfer up to SM to get the vanilla forms if they focus on giving only gen 1 Pokemon Alolan forms.

I think you could be right since there's a leak that said that the Alola Forms might be what the Pokemon look like when encountered in Alola while the normal forms can only be transferred from other games, whether it'd be the VC releases of the 1st Gen games or from 6th Gen.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I think it'd be a waste of a new feature to have Kanto Pokemon only have Alolan forms. There is absolutely no reason (except as a nod to the Gen 1) why pokemon from other generations don't get these new forms.

Also, Alolan Marowak is the only thing exciting from the newest leak for me. Not really a fan of sandcastle and fish.

And this does disprove the leaked dex since Bewear apparently has a pre-evolution. I got excited for Quasaur. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Aren't there a lot of Japanese people in Hawaii? Maybe that's part of why they chose Kanto, to represent the connection between Japan and Hawaii.

Well, that and there's the recent re-release of gen 1 games, which makes it easier to get the older non-alolan forms, so there are marketing reasons involved too.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I'm not really digging the new Pokemon and Alola Formes from this particular batch, which sucks because I've liked a vast majority of them so far.

Also the new evil team... I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard. I don't know why I'm laughing, but it's happening.

The new team looks like people who go to Hot Topic and think they're edgy and emo for doing so.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Wait a minute... I think the Sunabaa line is like the Softle/Panquake from the leaks, but with a different typing (Ground/Ghost rather than pure Ground and Ground/Dark).

I really hope the Goruggla leak becomes true. If they're going to make it an evolution line, then that's fine with me.

If only Kanto Pokemon get Alolan forms, then they could release GSC in the eShop after Sun and Moon, and give Johto Pokemon Alolan forms in the third game(s).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the list being fake, I am glad. Another thing that I found odd about that list is there wasn't ANY single type pokemon other than ones we had already learned about. I only realized it when I saw the fish.

Wasn't the sand castle mentioned in an earlier leak though? And wasn't the no evil team also in the Chinese Leak? Which has now been proven false?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm kinda relieved that the list leak turned out to be false, it would have been a real shame for the whole dex to be leaked at this stage.

Sirfetch’d

I'm actually a little sad that the leaked list turned out to be fake, but I am still excited about the possibility with more Pokemon with multiple forms. I'm really interested to see what Rockruff's big secret is.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Wait a minute... I think the Sunabaa line is like the Softle/Panquake from the leaks, but with a different typing (Ground/Ghost rather than pure Ground and Ground/Dark).

I really hope the Goruggla leak becomes true. If they're going to make it an evolution line, then that's fine with me.

That's stretching it a bit.

The list was all but disproved, none of the four pokemon revealed today were on that list. Bewear was listed as a standalone Pokemon, and there are no Pure Water on the list outside of the starter, and there was no Ghost/Ground type, and trying to compare it to something named after a pancake just because it was Ground/Dark is just grasping at straws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back