• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • If Alola doesn't have Gym leaders and Champion but why did the Alolan tourist said something about their champion in XY.

As Sabrewulf said, just because Island Captains are substituting for Gym Leaders doesn't mean anything will be different about the Elite Four and/or Champion as well. We also barely know anything about how Alola's league will be handled.

Years
  • If the recently announced demo version gets datamined then that should put some of these leaks to rest I guess.

I remember when the OR/AS demo got datamined and it leaked the entire list of new Mega Stones and Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champion rosters, as well as other minor trainers. I could just imagine the entire list of Z-Crystals and Alola Forms leaked if datamining happened, and it would also show which Pokemon get their own specific Z-Moves.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Calling it right now: There is a demo, but when you try to datamine it all the files just say "lol, no info for you". :P

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    I think you're jumping the gun a little. We haven't even heard anything about the elite four or champion yet.

Just because gym leaders may have been replaced doesn't mean there won't be a champion or somebody who's the most powerful trainer in Alola that you'll face off against at the end.

Yeah, I know. It's just the thought that despite the absence of gyms, they still have the same format of Champion or maybe league. I would love to see all Trial Captains and Alola Champion to join the next Pokemon World Tounament (PWT) if it going to be in the next entry series.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    But Champion I think the tourist, means island trials champion. After beating the trials, you either fight the Kahuna's like expected, or you have a trek to a new area where like the Red battle, and single champion awaits you. Beat him and you become the Champion of alola.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I hope so, but why announce possible megas so late? x.x I guess that doesn't really matter as long as they get announced, but I'm not expecting many at all.

Well XY megas were only announced two months prior to their release so I don't think it is totally out of the question. We're almost two months away from Sun & Moon and we are due that Rockruff secret, it could be tied to that? I agree with what you said though, I'm expecting some new megas but nowhere near as many as Gen VI.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Alola doesn't have Gym leaders and Champion but why did the Alolan tourist said something about their champion in XY.

Alola does not have Gyms , But that never meant that Alola does not have champion.
    In fact , the Champion was mention on E3 interview where it was said that trainer must conquer Island trial to become Island Champion.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Alola does not have Gyms , But that never meant that Alola does not have champion.
    In fact , the Champion was mention on E3 interview where it was said that trainer must conquer Island trial to become Island Champion.

this really dose look a lot like the orange league at this point

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Alola having no Gyms makes it = the Orange islands, or...?

Apologies, I haven't really kept up with the anime so I'm pretty lost, here.
    Aside from the no gyms thing, Orange Islands also had unique versions of the same Pokémon (like Alola forms), and they were tropical as well, so I guess that's where the Orange Island similarities are.

On another note, I'm surprised there haven't been any cringey fake leaks recently. You'd think there'd be a ton with the news coming Monday.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Aside from the no gyms thing, Orange Islands also had unique versions of the same Pokémon (like Alola forms), and they were tropical as well, so I guess that's where the Orange Island similarities are.

On another note, I'm surprised there haven't been any cringey fake leaks recently. You'd think there'd be a ton with the news coming Monday.

its not just the whole pink pokemon thing. the orange islands did have 4 gym leaders, but none of them functioned like gymleaders assigning challenges to their challengers rather then just regular battling.
    also the first official double battle to take place in any form of pokemon media was one of these gym battles(not including all those double battles with team rocket as they where illegal at the time)
    which was not typical of the gymleaders at the time and still isn't even to this day
    from bulbapedia:
    The Orange League (Japanese: オレンジリーグ Orange League) is the regional Pokémon League of the Orange Archipelago. It consists of the five Gym Leaders of the Orange Crew (Japanese: サザンクロス Southern Cross). It has been established for over 300 years.
    The Orange League is perhaps the least conventional of all the regional Pokémon Leagues, as it focuses less on Pokémon battling and more on how Trainers interact with their individual Pokémon in many different circumstances. Orange League Trainers are said to be tougher than those in the Indigo League. However, meeting the requirements to enter Orange League competitions is a much simpler task: Trainers must earn only four Gym Badges instead of the usual eight.
    According to Tracey, young Pokémon Trainers from the Orange Islands typically begin their journey on Tangelo Island and work their way around the archipelago, winning Badges along the way. The Trainers' final destination is Pummelo Island, where Orange League competitions are held. Competing in the Orange League is different from competing in other Pokémon Leagues. Trainers may freely challenge the top Gym Leader in the Orange Crew, called the Orange Crew Supreme Gym Leader, at any time. Those who can defeat the Orange Crew Supreme Gym Leader in a Full Battle take the title of Pokémon Champion, as well as the coveted Winner's Trophy. A photo featuring the winning Trainer with the trophy on hand and all six Pokémon that have participated in the Full Battle will be kept in the Palace of Victory, together with the footprints of the Trainer and the Pokémon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think a lot of the Pokemon we've seen have potential evolutions. Bounsweet and Cutiefly are two that I could definitely see getting another evolution or even two.

Years
  • Also guys, one of the things I'm hopeful about is that we get to see if there's more to Morelull than we expect. I'm thinking it has a three stage evolution of some sort... probably into a bigger mushroom, something like Amoongus but fancier.

Mushroom Pokemon all seem to evolve once, so I'm likely expecting that pattern. But as mentioned, fairy mushroom circles seem to be Morelull's inspiration.

I think a lot of the Pokemon we've seen have potential evolutions. Bounsweet and Cutiefly are two that I could definitely see getting another evolution or even two.

It is weird how we haven't seen many evolutions yet, but it's close to the time we should expect more.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Mushroom Pokemon all seem to evolve once, so I'm likely expecting that pattern. But as mentioned, fairy mushroom circles seem to be Morelull's inspiration.

It is weird how we haven't seen many evolutions yet, but it's close to the time we should expect more.

I've seen a few for Bounsweet, but none for me yet :/

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I say Cutiefly and Loruell evolve once.

Its interesting that leaks stopped focusing on evolutions outside of starters. Now all they discuss is new lines and Alolan forms. I'd like to get some new evos shown, it be nice.

I'd say it's about 40% likely that starter evos are in the news on the 6th, and probably 90% likely the demo is released after or at least announced.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Does Pyukumuku also evolve? I find it hard to believe that it just... remains like that, although that's probably its purpose. What about Crabrawler? Does it evovle into a bigger boxing-esque crab of some sort? If these Pokemon do have evolutions, is TPC going to show them or are they going to leave them out? If this is going to be the case, then it's likely we're going to know anyway by the time the demo gets datamined, assuming it gets datamined extensively to the degree where we'll get tons and tons of leaks.
    That's if they're actually dumb enough to leave that much info in the demo, again...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back