• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
  • To you, do the starters evolutions confirm the leaks or not?
    Except for Popplio, I feel like the mid-evos don't really lead to the leaked final evos we have seen...

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    At the very least, Litten's and poplio's are real to me. They look pretty similar.

Rowlett's is odd though. Someone brought up that it could be like quialidon though and be the awkard middle stage.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • To you, do the starters evolutions confirm the leaks or not?
    Except for Popplio, I feel like the mid-evos don't really lead to the leaked final evos we have seen...
    Torracat and Brionne do look like the final evos to me. Rowlet's middle evo does too. Actually, the final evos tend to be the most different. Just look at Primplup and Combusken for examples.

Years
  • Like ORandAS said, the final evos tend to be very drastically different from the previous stages, but with the look of Torracat's claws and collar, as well as Brionne's frills, it definitely supports the concept art being real now.

Years
  • Yeah, and the descriptions from the site also support the concept leak, specially Torracat's.

Dartrix is mentioned to be annoyed by its dirty and ruffled feathers that it loses focus in battle. Rowlet's leaked final evo is an archer, and archery is about focus. If you don't have enough focus, you can't really fire an arrow well.

Torracat is mentioned to be able to bend iron bars and knock out people in a single blow, which is very much like tactics and strength seen in wrestling. The fire sac in its "collar" also looks like it will become the belt seen in the leaked final evo.

Brionne's link to the leaked final evos is a bit more vague. It's mentioned to be a dancer that puts in a lot of work, and with both Popplio and Brionne shown to stand on their tail, the leaked final evo is also shown standing on its tail in the concept art so it definitely fits the connection here.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I really don't see Torracat hinting towards its final evo, only Brionne with its feminine appearance.

Adding onto what Hikamaru has already said, I think this line in Torracat's flavour text is quite important: "The cat punch that this Pok?mon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful." I think the strong forelegs line hints that its strong forelegs will become strong arms when it evolves ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Dartrix doesn't look a lot like the leaked evolution, but it has some visual similarities, like the leaves hidden in its wings, the dots on its wings and its hood-like head. Dartrix's fancy shtick also ties to Robin Hood being a nobleman turned rogue. Its description highlights how much it can improve with a good trainer, so the final evolution being way more focused makes sense.

And Torracat has quite a muscly upper body.

Years
  • So, remember when it was said in CoroCoro that the starters and Rockruff had a secret? Well apparently that secret may not be a thing due to a translation error, so this means split version exclusive forms for the final evolutions of the starters may not actually happen and that will be good news for me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Actually , Don't you think GF would change Starter Evolution after it got leaked long before the game release ?

Years
  • Actually , Don't you think GF would change Starter Evolution after it got leaked long before the game release ?

I don't think I've ever heard of them doing that, since they do design Pokemon well in advance. I remember hearing development on Sun & Moon began as soon as X & Y were released so they pretty much designed these starter evolutions at least three years prior.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    So, remember when it was said in CoroCoro that the starters and Rockruff had a secret? Well apparently that secret may not be a thing due to a translation error, so this means split version exclusive forms for the final evolutions of the starters may not actually happen and that will be good news for me.
    I remember people talking about that translation error a while back, but I'm not sure I would necessarily call it an error. I believe the actual translation was something like "The starters have a secret too" and in Serebii it was paraphrased as something like "Rockruff and the starters share a secret".

So... Yeah, CoroCoro didn't really say it was the same secret, but honestly, mentioning it seems pointless if it's not.

Actually , Don't you think GF would change Starter Evolution after it got leaked long before the game release ?
    I don't know, that seems kind of... unprofessional.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Have you guys seen the Ice Stone leak? I made a thread a while ago speculating this for alolan vulpix since it is and ice type now and it looks like it was confirmed today.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Yes. Not sure I would call it a leak, though, since it is in official websites.

We can assume Vulpix will evolve with it, but I wonder what else will use it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would have thought perhaps Eevee will be able to evolve into Glaceon by using it thus removing the need of the Ice Rock. That would probably make it easier to access the Eeveelutions so that they're all accessible in a similar fashion. Though, by that logic then they would also have to make it so that Eevee evolves into Leafeon via the Leaf Stone. I'd say it could be only for Alolan Ice-type mons, but I doubt they'd create such an item only restricted to those Pokemon specifically.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So.... thoughts on this leak? It was posted on September and mentioned Ash-Greninja being in the demo.

I think that was more of a lucky guess. If he had the release date, maybe. However a lot of leaks said Ash-Greninja would come out. Every type of think was bound to be used. I think it was luck.

If there was 85 Pokemon, we already have 58 confirmed. Only counting Pikipek's evolutions and the last stages of the starters, as well as the other 3 Tapus. That means there is only 27 more pokemon that we haven't seen, including evolutions. That just seems too small. And if UB's are pokemon, that drops the number down to about 20. This doesn't even include the possible Snowman line and Tucan line, along with a few others the leaker has mentioned. I don't think there would be that many stand alone pokemon.

I still don't believe in the no split evolutions for the starters. Not until we know for sure. They still hold a secrete. It was translated that they also have a secrete. The wrong part was serebii saying, at one point, that they all share a secrete.

I also don't believe they would include only Geodude's line as Alolan without another trading evolution. Because the person with Geodude would get nothing in return when it trades Graveler to evolve it into a Golem.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back