• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    So... If we assume the rumor about the starters having two final forms is true, then that means the final evolutions should be shown before the release, right? I mean, it wouldn't make sense not to reveal such an important difference between Sun and Moon from a marketing standpoint.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but with that in mind, they might reveal the middle evolutions on the 4th and leave the final forms for CoroCoro.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    It's a good thing I don't work Tuesday, so I'll have some fresh news to wake up to and I'll have the whole day to get out my hype. Hoping for starter evolutions as well as maybe a confirmation of the demo. Maybe they can show us what this "building" thing is too or maybe some Battle Royal/Z-Move stuff.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    So... If we assume the rumor about the starters having two final forms is true, then that means the final evolutions should be shown before the release, right? I mean, it wouldn't make sense not to reveal such an important difference between Sun and Moon from a marketing standpoint.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but with that in mind, they might reveal the middle evolutions on the 4th and leave the final forms for CoroCoro.

Yeah agreed, they would need to reveal this difference before release because it would be great for marketing the games. That said I don't think they'll reveal the final forms in this month's CoroCoro, but I'm thinking if there are two forms, they might reveal the silhouettes of the final forms in this month's CoroCoro. Still allows them to market the fact that there are different evolutions, while also keeping that one last bit of information for November.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Yeah agreed, they would need to reveal this difference before release because it would be great for marketing the games. That said I don't think they'll reveal the final forms in this month's CoroCoro, but I'm thinking if there are two forms, they might reveal the silhouettes of the final forms in this month's CoroCoro. Still allows them to market the fact that there are different evolutions, while also keeping that one last bit of information for November.

That would be sweet, as those of us who seen the leak (assuming their real) can pick the game they come from if we want, and if Litten has a quad-pedal evolution then people who prefer that can pick the right game.

blue

gucci
    Years
    ^ Pretty sure they just used the scene with Morelull against Mudsbray and replaced it with Ekans. A cool concept but definitely fake.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    All these fake Alolan forms looks so cool. I really hope we get to see a really neat one tomorrow.

Surprised there aren't more text leaks for it though.

blue

gucci
    Years
    From 4chan:

Spoiler:

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    From 4chan:

Spoiler:

Everything seems SO great except that the fact there isnt a champion and instead we need to fight a UB as our final boss? No ty :o

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    "Combine" is now as an option in the Bags menu (Use/Hold/Combine/Toss). You can combine Z crystals and Mega Stones to make a new items, like "Darkium Z Gengarite" for example.

The aura of Z-Stones allow some Pokémon to bond with their trainers and change some of their features in battle to look more like the trainer. This feature is limited to the Starting Pokémon from XY and SM, Type Null and Lycanroc. Plenty of Customization Options now to reflect this.

Z-Form Pokémon function similarly to Mega Evolved Pokémon. You can only use 1 in battle, but they're so powerful that if it feints you automatically lose the battle.

I have trouble believing this, additionally I don't want this to be real. xD

Years
    From 4chan:

Spoiler:

Not sure how I feel about "combining" items.

However, I would love a grass/psychic Jynx (I am a bit wary that it is piggy backing off of the many speculations and artist renditions of a hula Jynx.) I also would be down for a (fairy/flying) Pegasus Rapidash! Also, I had not thought about a water/poison ekans/arbok likely referring to coral snakes.

The XY starters, SM Starters, and Lycanroc rumor with z-forms has been speculated since the mention of z-forms and even synchroevolution way back.

For some reason I am not buying that UB 02 is the final boss either.

All -in-all there are not too many bold claims. The ones that are there are a bit eye-brow raising, but not completely implausible. At least it was a decent enough attempt on the leakers part.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Everything seems SO great except that the fact there isnt a champion and instead we need to fight a UB as our final boss? No ty :o

I wouldn't like this either.

Kukui talks about aiming to be the strongest trainer -- the island challenge champion. That could just be a term that Alola uses for those who successfully complete the trials of an island or all four. Either that or it is the standard term for Champion in Pokemon in that we battle and defeat an existing Champion of Alola to obtain the title ourselves. Idk, with the Gyms being replaced it is hard to say what format they will take! :<

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    A pokemon being a "champion" seems unlikely IMO. It's just not as much of a challenge? Idk.

Also the stone combining thing sounds messy and no. A pokemon shouldn't be able to mega evolve AND use a z-move.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I was about to post that rumor. I like it except for the combining feature. Sounds pretty unlikely and complicated.

I wouldn't mind the other stuff though.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    From 4chan:

Spoiler:
    >Combining Z-Crystals and Mega Stones.

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. I don't think I even have to explain why this would be a horrendous idea. Not a big fan of Z-Forms either.

But other than that, the contents of this leak don't sound half bad. Probably fake, tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back