• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Least favorite Gen 2 pokemon

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • For all the great Pokemon GSC brought us, there were a few rotten eggs. What were your least favorites, and why?

For me Hoot Hoot and Noctowl were pretty poor and boring for me. As were Ledian and its pre-evo.
    I absolutely hated Igglybuff, because IMO it was completely uneeded, had essentially the same design as Jigglypuff but worse, and was horrid to look at. I also didnt like Qwilfish because it was wasted potential. Water and Poison typing is unique and could have been amazing, had they actually given it an evolution. Oh, and of course, Delibird.

Ohhhh I loved Noctowl and Hoot-Hoot!! I do love Ledian too! I like Delibird!! If only they could all have been better... (I like them but I don't use them)

I love almost all of then gen 2 pokemon, it's probably my favorite generation.

I'm not fan of the baby pokemon. And I'm not a fan of politoed too (not by competitive battle, most by "feelings").Well... Sunkern.Onown. Pineco. Dunsparce. Remoraid.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Uhmm who doesnt not love dunsparce? Anyone? Raise your hand..

Dunsparce is the most unconnected pokemon in johto..i dunno why they created it.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • Geez, lots of hate on Delibird! I think it was actually one of my favorite additions.

I very much dislike Flaafy (although Ampharos is one of my all-time favorites), and am not at all a fan of Ursaring.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I hate Umbreon, Entei, Celebi, baby pokemon, and Slowking. I just plain don't like them. No reason.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • The second gen had many Pokemon I liked - but also had many Pokemon I didn't enjoy using - Unown is one (only 1 move - horrible design), all "baby Pokemon" - but my least favorite would go to Pichu - it's the design I hate the most.

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
    Years
  • I hate Unown with a passion, it's useless. And Smeargle is not someone I like in particular either.....

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Unown without a doubt. I mean, the thing has a smaller movepool than Magikarp. Not to mention all the hours I spent trying to catch all of them for the grand prize of being able to print out pictures of the worst Pokemon ever with the Gameboy printer I didn't have.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • For me its a tie between Sunkern and Smeargle. I really REALLY dislike both of them. Sunkern mainly for the low stats and Smeargle for being a royal pain in the *** to teach good moves...

Years
  • The Unown annoyed the hell outta me, i spent an entire night catching every single one of them and (if i remember right) all i got was a "Well done" sorta thing, not even a cookie for the trouble :| if they'd maybe made them get higher than level 5 (with each badge comes an extra however many levels or whatever) i might hate them a little less

also Sudowoodo, the baby pokemon, Snubull (don't get me wrong, Granbull is cool), Dunsparce and Shuckle...

I always accepted Shuckie from that guy, just so I could release the little knob

Years
  • Admittedly, Gen II didn't introduce a whole lot of Pokemon I really loved. But there is one certain Pokemon that is not only my least favorite Gen II Pokemon, but my least favorite in general;

250px-206Dunsparce.png

Dunsparce. What in the world was Gamefreak on when they created this... thing? First off, what in the world is it supposed to be? It's 'dex entry calls it the 'Land Snake' Pokemon.. okay, here's the thing, Gamefreak, when you use an animal as the basis of a Pokemon's design, make sure it actually looks like the animal you're trying to emulate. Ekans and Arbok? They both look like snakes. Serviper? Looks like a snake. Snivy and Servine? Well, even though they have arms and legs, they still look like freaking snakes. This thing? Does not look like a snake. Also, why is it called the 'Land Snake' Pokemon when it has wings and, according to 'dex entries, can fly a little bit?

And the design in general is awful. It looks like a mish-mash of... stuff with no real meaning to the design. It can learn some decent attacks through TMs, but because its stats are so bad, that makes that one good point of it really moot. And since it only learns one HM - Strength, it doesn't even make a good HM Slave. Bidoof and Bibarel are better in that respect! And maybe if it evolved into something that was somewhat I wouldn't hate him as much, but he doesn't evolve at all! Awful Pokemon all around.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Girafarig stantler and dunsperph were all bad also wo buffet annoyed me and smear able hes just i wish he didnt exist and really did we need the unknown! Also i like wigglytuff its powrful cute chubby and with mega kick u cant lose

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Unown was interesting at first, but it has to be the worst and most boring Pokemon to use in a battle. Good idea, Bad execution.

Yanma is a horrible Pokemon, even worse then Beedrill. It's defenses sucks and it can't attack for ****. It learns Quick Attack and Swift. Absolutely fantastic, I'm so stunned. Geeeh... At least it learns Wing Attack so there's some longevity in the grass for grinding.

Weren't a big fan of the Baby Pokemon or Togepi/Togetic either. Togetic looks like some kind of fairy-bird-thingy that's been swallowing an egg. I feel sad for that bastard.

I have nothing against Dunsparce. Moves like Glare, Rock Slide and Ancientpower are fun to use, and it has some badass bulk, sporting some nice 404HP at level 100. And the Pokemon Silver sprite is quite a bit cute.

Back