• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite rival

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    I've seen a few topics asking what people's favorite rival was but I haven't seen any about which one they liked the least.

Anyway, I didn't much care for Brendan. He is way to dang friendly. In fact, he is friendly to a degree that makes me suspicious. His extreme friendlyiness reminds me of those kids I used to go to school with who pretended to act friend towards me but then when they assumed that my guard was down, they made me the butt of their jokes. Their battling isn't too good either. It's no fun for me to be able to beat all of their Pokemon (including their Combusken) with just a Grovyle--which I have done before just to see if I could. (Note: All of this can also be applied to May. I just talked about Brendan since he's the only one I've fought as I always play as the female trainer)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    least favorite would be in Ruby and Sapphire. Not really a rival to me. More like a friend who wants to see you get better.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah Brendon was way too friendly and Gary made me scared and mad everytime he popped up.
    Its a tie between the two.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would have to say that the rival in RSE May/Brendan weren't my favorite and were the least challenging of them all. Not even Wally seemed aggressive or much challenging either...

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Brendan/May. You only battle them four or five times (correct me if I'm wrong), they don't even fully evolve their starters and just give you random Key Items instead of battles.
    Just one of those goody-goody neighbors.

Jun's constant bumping was annoying too.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have to agree with u guys...Brendan/May they do get stronger but I am always ahead of them and yes they are way to friendly..even barry is a bit more intimidating...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I have to agree with u guys...Brendan/May they do get stronger but I am always ahead of them and yes they are way to friendly..even barry is a bit more intimidating...

I wouldn't say intimidating.......more like....more aggravating lol Nothing about Barry was intimidating to me. Sometimes I even laughed at him.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    The rival in Diamond/Pearl. I don't know why, but, his whole appearance makes me want to run him over on Cycling Road. Also, it's very rude to just ram into people, talk a mile a minuete, and then run off. :pink_pissed:
    I had a disturbing urge to stick my Mismagius on him. >__> <__<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think Wally counts, in a way. -still wants him to be a real dex-holder in PokéSupe-

I agree with Brendan/May. I've only played a little Pearl, but I think Lucas is pretty dull too.

Green/Blue/Gary was the real deal. So was Silver.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    Yeah, Jun is a bit annoying with his bumping and running off and so on. He's a tad too energetic for me, so I didn't really like him a lot. I love Lucas, though. Too bad you can't fight with him at all.

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    The R/S/E Rival was terrible, no challenge, not interesting in the least. Wally was a more challenging character and not even your real rival.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The R/S/E Rival was terrible, no challenge, not interesting in the least. Wally was a more challenging character and not even your real rival.
    This, although the fact that it took me an hour to find and catch a Ralts while Wally found one on his first try always did grind my gears a little.
    I could see why people would find Jun annoying, but he's my favorite rival. xD
    Hot damn boy, take some Prozac!

Years
    D/P's rival seems too friendly to be much of a rival to me. Plus he's in too much of a hurry. I don't really remember the R/S rival very much, but Brendan is one of my favorite names.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    RSE's rivals were horrible. Neither of them were challenging, they lacked depth, etc...I could keep listing reasons to why the sucked =/

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I don;t really have a least favorite rival or anything. But if I were to choose, it would have to be the rivals from R/S/E.

Back