• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favourite Starter Evolution Line

What is your least favourite starter evolution line?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I hate the Tepig/Pignite/Emboar line for no rational reason.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Snivy got my vote. At the end this evolutionary line, I felt like Serperior's stats were lacking horribly as a starter.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The Oshawott line was horribly disappointing for me in all honesty, nothing really special stood out when it came to that line imo besides from Razor Shell but Waterfall was better to begin with and no access to Shell Smash or Earthquake made me want to cry.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Wasn't much of a fan of Serperior. I think it looks cool design wise, but it didn't really pull its weight when I used one in my team.

Actually, I found all the starters in Gen 5 to be pretty underwhelming. Which is a shame, since I really liked their first-stage designs...

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Well i liked Chikorita
    I liked Bayleef aswell but Meganium
    is just not good looking i think they should reedit it

Years
    A chick evolving into a weird looking chicken and eventually becomes the Bruce Lee of chickens. Even Blaziken can't give this evolution line enough coolness to be anywhere near the other starters. Although Chimchar's line is a good second.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    While I don't particularly like Grass Pokemon - and assumed I'd pick a Grass line to answer this poll - it's actually the Totodile line that I really dislike most of all. Partly because they're all so ugly, partly because their movesets are so crappy, but mainly - MAINLY - because of Feraligatr's terrible, horrible name. It joins Conkeldurr in the 'Worst Pokemon names ever!' category, and drags the whole line down.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I hate the Chikorita line. Hate it. I never found them useful for just about anything, and the one time I did use it, I boxed it after the second gym. I also hate the Tepig line. Emboar looks weird, and I thought it was the freakiest looking starter Pokemon.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I was never a big fan of the Unova Starters. Snivy and Oshowatt grew on me...but Tepig. Hes ugly, his evolutions suck, and A THIRD FireFighter in a row? WHY?

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's definitely non of the Hoenn line considering all 3 are great, if I had to chose 1 it would he the Chimchar line. As cool as they may look they just don't really appeal to me and are least favourites out of the lot.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The Totodile line. I've always hated this line. They look ugly and ruin Water types imo. D: There's nothing really interesting about them and they just get uglier and uglier. Totodile is cute, but that's where the positives of the family ends. Other than that, I don't really hate any of the starter lines. I'm indifferent about Mudkip and Torchic, but the rest are all awesome c:

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    The Totodile line. I've always hated this line. They look ugly and ruin Water types imo. D: There's nothing really interesting about them and they just get uglier and uglier. Totodile is cute, but that's where the positives of the family ends. Other than that, I don't really hate any of the starter lines.

Wow... I didn't even need to type out my thoughts, you appear to have conveniently transcribed them for me.

Totodile's line is the only line that I never really liked any form in it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Chimchar. ._. It's the only line where I don't like a single Pokemon in it. Every other starter group at least has something I like and would use. This one? Nope. I dislike every single member.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    The Piplup line is crap. It looks like crap, and it fights like crap. I would have said the Mudkip line, but I liked that line until a certain internet meme killed it for me. And seriously, what's up with all the Totodile hate? I like that line quite a bit.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
    I Hate Chikorita's line. Their base stats aren't of much use, they can't hold their own against anything unless they are of a higher level. But seriously who thought of the names? They were made to make fun of. Look;
    - Chikorita = Chikoretard
    - Bayleef = Gayleef
    - Meganium = Megaynium

Also Piplup's line doesn't appeal to me either, despite that i have used it on several runs.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I always found Treecko's line so much more boring than every other line in that generation. :( And since I like all the others that leaves poor Treecko alone!

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
    Chikorita's line is definitely the one I can't stand. I don't mind defensive minded Pokemon but, a defensive Pokemon with a terrible movepool is something completely different and that's exactly what you get with Chikorita.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Charmander line easily.

"Yeah, I'm totally going to use the one which has half HP with stealth rocks. It would be like I only had 5 Pokemon, and I just chucked in this wannabe Dragonite thing into the mix just because. And who cares if it was useful in mystery dungeon because of heat wave. Can't hit anything to save it's life."

Ok, I kid, but Charziard is horribly underpowered for one of the most iconic Pokemon in the entirety of the games.

Back