• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend has it that the M in MTV once stood for music

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    So, I'm curious. Does anyone here still watch MTV? At all?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Only thing I ever watch on there is Fantasy Factory. Other than that, nope.
    They only show music very early in the morning now apparently.

I used to watch it back when they had TRL and all the other shows like The Osbournes, Jackass, Punk'd, and Pimp My Ride.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It aired some Boy Meets World episodes earlier today. I was watching some of that, but usually I forget that it exists. It's gone to the dump.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The only time I actually watch MTV is the Video Music Awards. It's the only night MTV actually cared about music.

Though I will admit I do watch Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant at times. Don't ask me why. I just do. lol

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I saw it very rarely last year when I occasionally watched a random episode of Jersey Shore with my dad when nothing better was on at the time but now I don't even bother to watch much tv at all to begin with.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I use to watch it back when Pimp my ride was still on but now I don't even bother checking to see if anything good is on. I know everyone at my school watches it though since everyone seems to be obsessed with Jersey Shore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Ya know, I think the M in MTV DID used to stand for music~ It did used to be all music a long time ago... Now they've screwed it up to get other viewers -_-

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • Dude....

When I was 13-ish, I would watch it. I'd come home, wait for TRL to end, and then spend an hour or two recording VHSs of my favorite videos. I'd get so excited when one of the awesome videos would come on. Like having a small piece of christmas come to visit for the afternoon. Aah....

Now? Please.
    They should change the name entirely. When was the last time they played anything having to do with music? At least VH1 had 'Behind the Music' and the like for a while. (Even though a chunk of that was lame, but, hey, they were trying, right?)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • No, I don't like watching underage girls get paid to ruin their lives.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't care about the debate that MTV should change its name. I don't believe it's even officially called Music Television anymore, so if you just think of it as a collection of letters, it becomes a lot less egregious.

That being said, I haven't watched the channel in years. Years and years and years, in fact.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • In the rare event that I can watch music videos and such, then yeah. Otherwise, I'd kill MTV with fire.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Except for Teen Wolf and the Video Music Awards, I sometimes forget that MTV still exists today. I remember when MTV used to be such a popular channel, and now instead of being known for the music, it's known for the likes of Jersey Shore or 16 & Pregnant. Sigh.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I watch MTV 2 for Boy Meets World re-runs from time-to-time. Does that count?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • The last MTV I watched was the newest Beavis and Butt-Head season. But now that it's not coming back for a new season, I find the channel useless. Hell, I find most of what's on TV these days to be complete rubbish.

Years
  • The only time I even cared about MTV is when Beavis and Butthead came back. But if somebody here said that they aren't coming back, just kill off MTV for good. They are morons for getting rid of something that people really want to watch!

But we know they won't because people want their fill of Snooki and the rest of those tanned, dim-witted morons.

Back