• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    MAJOR UPDATE:

Support for older versions of the rom base will be discontinued. The project is currently being remade using Skeli and Ghoulslash's CFRU and DPE engines. Join the discord linked in my signature to follow up on its progress. Most likely it will be finished within a few months if not sooner.

Hi I'm new here, I met your base this week I downloaded it I found it very interesting, but coming from the bottom of the page you will make a new base on top of FR UPGRADE? If so, I will wait to start my project.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    MAJOR UPDATE:

Support for older versions of the rom base will be discontinued. The project is currently being remade using Skeli and Ghoulslash's CFRU and DPE engines. Join the discord linked in my signature to follow up on its progress. Most likely it will be finished within a few months if not sooner.

Hey. I don't mean to be rude but what exactly are you "remaking", because every feature that this base provides is already covered in the CFRU (along with many other useful things). Making a patch isn't an option because that just removes the Dynamic aspect of the CFRU, so what are you doing exactly?

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • Hey. I don't mean to be rude but what exactly are you "remaking", because every feature that this base provides is already covered in the CFRU (along with many other useful things). Making a patch isn't an option because that just removes the Dynamic aspect of the CFRU, so what are you doing exactly?

Providing a slightly limited version of CFRU with certain bits of personalization not unlike previous versions of this base. Additionally, I myself have worked with Skeli in order to add Generation 8 to the DPE system. This new patch will have all the benefits of the old patches + the new CFRU additions + Generation 8 compatibility. It does remove the dynamic aspect of the CFRU as you said, but the sheer amount of additions over the older patches of this base is well worth it. That being said, not every feature (especially those suited to personalized rom hacks) will be available, which provides incentive for some rom hackers to experiment and use C injection, thus using Skelis CFRU to its fullest potential. As for the majority who do not, this is a quick and easy patch that will cover more than enough of what someone would want or need so they can work on their projects and provide more hacks for us to play at a faster rate, while not subject to as many bugs that older ASM littered patches had.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023

This may be an unpopular opinion, but you rather just abandon this and promote the CFRU than making this patch.

I mean, no disrespect, but what you're doing is just inserting the CFRU in a clean FR ROM for those who can't or don't want to do it themselves for whatever reason. This is literally CFRU for people who are too lazy to read the documentation.

I think this might not be a good idea because this goes against everything the CFRU was made for. The creators are planning towards adapting the CFRU to pokefirered. By making this patch, you are promoting new hackers to remain in the past and not move forward with the times. Coding in C may seem daunting but once you get into it, its not bad.

No one made a patch for Dizzy's Battle Engine v1 so why one for the CFRU?

EDIT: What happens when a new update is released for the CFRU? How will people update from one version to another without breaking their game.

EDIT 2: Also since DPE only has Gen 7 stuff in it, are you gonna make Gen 8 yourself, wait until the new version releases or make a Gen 7 Version, scrap it and make the Gen 8 version.

EDIT 3: And what about Battle Facilities and Trainer Sliding messages and stuff which requires input from the user during the compilation process? Are you just gonna forego those features.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2022
    I think its a good idea. it helps lot of people. thanks in advance .......
    waiting for your new patch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2020
    This ROM base is absolutely amazing, and has made my ROM hacking experience a breeze. I currently have one small question. How do I navigate to the title screen images in unLZ-GBA? I've navigated through at least hundreds of images and can't find the ones for the title screen, because I see all the new added images for the new items. Thanks for this ROM base!

Jcool

Stellar
    Years
  • Is there a way to utilize the day / night system similarly to how it works in Sword and Shield? Be able to change the time of day with a script as oppose to it being dependent on the real time clock?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    When I open the rom (807 plus) with Advence map (1.95) the wild pokemons that I can change are only those of first 3 generations, are there any ini's files for advence map or something else to solve this.

In order to changed the total number of Pokemon in Advance Map 1.95, you need to open the program with a Hex editor : at 0x77DD5 : you must change 9B 01 to your new number of pokemon. For example, if you are using the 807+ version, this makes a total of 1199 Pokemon = 4AF in Hex, so you must insert : AF 04 at 0x77DD5.

However, I saw that Advance Map 1.95 messed up a lot of stuff in the rom. So I decided to use Excel to modify existing locations and it worked like a charm.
    Here is the link to the Excel file :
    Spoiler:

How to use :
    Spoiler:

Years

• Why not try this?

For Advanced Map 1.92:
    • What is the number of your expanded Pokémon? Let's say it is 550.
    • Convert it into hex. The hex for 550 is 226.
    • Open A-Map 1.92 in a Hex Editor.
    • Locate to the offset D027C.
    • Change the 9C 01 to the hex number which you obtained, in reverse hex. So 226 would be 26 02.
    • Save and close the hex editor.
    Simple! And bear in mind that you have to have Pokémon between the offsets 0x0 - 0xFFFFFF in you ROM, or A-Map 1.95 would be ideal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Why not try this?

For Advanced Map 1.92:
    • What is the number of your expanded Pokémon? Let's say it is 550.
    • Convert it into hex. The hex for 550 is 226.
    • Open A-Map 1.92 in a Hex Editor.
    • Locate to the offset D027C.
    • Change the 9C 01 to the hex number which you obtained, in reverse hex. So 226 would be 26 02.
    • Save and close the hex editor.
    Simple! And bear in mind that you have to have Pokémon between the offsets 0x0 - 0xFFFFFF in you ROM, or A-Map 1.95 would be ideal.

Thank you for this. However, I wasn't able to make the 809+ version work with Advance map 1.92.
    As Prof. Leon Dias said : "Important: A-Map 1.92 won't read Pokemon names in the 809+ patch version, use 1.95 for adding Wild Pokemon. Use 1.92 for everything else though!"
    That's why I tried A-map 1.95, which messed up the rom, and ended with the Excel file (which I find very easy and safe to use).

Years
  • Thank you for this. However, I wasn't able to make the 809+ version work with Advance map 1.92.
    As Prof. Leon Dias said : "Important: A-Map 1.92 won't read Pokemon names in the 809+ patch version, use 1.95 for adding Wild Pokemon. Use 1.92 for everything else though!"
    That's why I tried A-map 1.95, which messed up the rom, and ended with the Excel file (which I find very easy and safe to use).

That may be the case in 809+ patch as all of the data is located above 0xFFFFFF.

Years
  • Hi. I wanted to change the Title screen. But the pointers are different from the original FireRed. I really dont know where to find anything with UnLZ-GBA with the 809+ one. Anyone can help me? What i need to find is anything that has to do with the title screen. Really appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    The base is fantastic and almost everything works fine, but I have been running into a problem regarding overworld. I have tried patching the base as normal that I downloaded from the front of this post, but no matter what I do, the overworld view is always darker than normal. This is before the Day/Night cycles included were even patched.

Here's what it looks like:

Attachments

• issue.png
      issue.png
      66.1 KB · Views: 20
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2020
    Downloaded it but haven't tested it yet. Still I do love everything provided, how it's like a building kit for a ROM base. Just amazing, ultimate ROMbase for how it looks so far!

Years
  • Anyone know how to change the title screen? Cause i try to find the title screen in UnlzGba. But i dont know where it is...
    I am guessing they change the offset. Cause when i follow other guides. It works with the original firered. But not this one..

Thanks if anyone can point me where to find it in unlzgba.

Years
  • Sorry to double post. But i found that the Evolution method in the G3T and PGE are there. But I can't seem to get the Level + Gender to work. As well as the other added evolution. Am I doing something wrong? or was it not implemented? (ASM-wise)

I try downloading the file again but the only link is 2.0. And i read previous post, for version 2.0 it is not implemented. But at the same time I see your post updating about version 3.0 and so on... So I am really confuse now.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Back