• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Let's discuss the new Pokémon: Iwanko and Nekkoala

Years
  • Maybe Normal dual typing is becoming more of a common thing?

In Gen VI we got Helioptile/Heliolisk as the first Normal/Electric Pokemon and then Litleo/Pyroar as the first Normal/Fire Pokemon. Perhaps Nekkoala will keep its Normal typing but gain a secondary type alongside it.

It is cool how we're getting more interesting dual-types for Normal so maybe the Nekkoala evolution could have a possibility to gain a secondary type. Fighting-type could actually go well, since we haven't gotten a natural Pokemon of that typing yet, because currently it belongs to a Mega and an alternate forme.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • It is cool how we're getting more interesting dual-types for Normal so maybe the Nekkoala evolution could have a possibility to gain a secondary type. Fighting-type could actually go well, since we haven't gotten a natural Pokemon of that typing yet, because currently it belongs to a Mega and an alternate forme.

Ooh yes, Normal/Fighting would be such a cool dual-type for Nekkoala. I don't see Nekkoala as much of a fighter though, Nekkoala seems pretty similar to Musharna with the whole dreaming/sleeping thing, but we'll have to see. ;v;

As for my thoughts on the two: Iwanko and Nekkoala look super cute. Holy. I love them both so much. <3 Super nice to see a koala Pokémon as well, finally!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Having a Normal duel typing has become more common with Unova. I have stated somewhere in this thread, that I think we would get more. Or in another thread, but I did point out the pattern somewhere.

It is possibly for the Koala to be Fighting, but I am still thinking it will be something else. Because we already have a Fighting Bear type.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I don't knw why, but Iwanko is the Pokemon I am the most curious about. Maybe it's because I can't really see the "rock" type in it? I want t see its evolutions soon, I have the feeling it will be a cool one!

I haven't felt let down but this generation for now!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It looks like Rockruff might evolve at night hinting at more day/night based evolutions for Sun & Moon?
    If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it's close to evolving. It's said that it leaves its Trainer's side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

Years
  • CmSFZNqXYAACWkR.jpg

This thing is a cutie.

That is definitely one of Komala's defining features. I do hope to see its log incorporated into its evolutions' fighting style.

Back