• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Let's go to the moon

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • I never really got to experience that, although I did see video of it on YouTube. It'd be very good to open up some new areas exclusive to the remakes to breathe some fresh air into Hoenn.

Years
  • Certainly a very endearing thought. Travelling to space in a Pokemon game would be absolutely unheard of! I'd personally love it. A perfect area to encounter Deoxys, as well as add a unique, new area to ORAS that they haven't done before. I know I was disappointed when I discovered how little there was to do in Mossdeep's space station. :[ Maybe they'll right a wrong here with the remakes!

Years
  • I really don't think sending a ten year old into space is something the Space Center would EVER allow. But perhaps while on one of their missions a space virus just happens to get attached to the ship and makes it back to Earth. And maybe this virus just happens to mutate into a legendary Pokemon and flees to Birth Island.
    Or a character would bring back a Jirachi itself physically or through finding one with the white-rock. When you revive a Jirachi inside it lets say, someone new wants to steal it for themselves and basically putting Wish Maker storyline into the game. Or you have to help a Jirachi return to the moon with the help of Latios and Latias or riding MegaLatios/as.

Years
  • I dont think deoxys will appear in space.
    It was available through an event on Birth Island, where you had to solve a puzzle with some meteorite type thing to access him.

And if anything, the space center will play host to a Jirachi event. Or at least the white rock outside will have some relevance.
    In R/S/E you could cheat to get a key item called a Wish Tag, which is what the woman standing next to the rock talks about. It makes me think they never actually activated a Jirachi Event, but had the capability to somehow.
    Wish tags are also the things hanging from Jirachi's head.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really hope they actually make use of this in ORAS, they've got a great opportunity to make stunning space cutscenes with an awesome way to capture Deoxys/Jirachi in-game.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Yeah, It could be amazing seeing the moon in 3D perhaps and catch Deoxys / Jirachi there? Who knows maybe there are some wild Clefairy/Clefable there just waiting for you too :)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • It would make sense to have Clef family there because in the dex they were from the moon. So maybe it might be a place to eith get Deoxys/Jirachi or some Cleffs with hidden abilities and more IVs.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • I personally never believed in this story but then again I never knew about it. Personally I do hope that there is some event which allows you to spend time on the moon and you can somehow catch Deoxys and Jirachi there. I always felt that those two legendaries were a bit too exclusive and it would work great if there was a worldwide event for that.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    What if the remake brings a completely new team that has something to do with Rayquaza and they want to go to space...? Just a thought. I remember the scientist guy saying how ready the thing was to launch, 12%, 27%, 38%, 43%, etc... This thing killed me, I wanted to go to space so bad. Or maybe it was a hint they were going to make a remake in the future that has something to do with the station? I dunno, but I think this is definitely something Gamefreak can't ignore this time...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Game Freak didn't necessarily address the rumors regarding the truck in Vermillion City/S.S. Anne's Port--they just put a Lava Cookie underneath it. So unless Game Freak originally had other ideas regarding the space center (which I doubt, since it already serves its purpose of telling you how many weeks have passed pretty well) I doubt it will allow you to go to the moon and such. They can expand its purpose, that is certainly a possibility, but I doubt they would do so in a way that harkens back to fan-made rumors which held no credibility.
    If anything, they might poke fun at the rumors by having someone in the space center tell you, "Would you like to go on a rocket to the moon?" >Yes "Sorry, but we can't let an untrained child go off into space! Maybe next time!" And maybe an item was received, who knows.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Well,, they did acknowledge the one rumor about using Strenght on that one truck in RBGY and put an item there in the remakes.... so they probably know about the Space Center Rumours, I'm sure they'll play with it somehow... dunno the likelihood of being able to actually get Jirachi/Deoxys though.

Back