• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Let's go to the moon

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
    I don't know about the other things, but surely the space station will have something to do with a Deoxys event. Game Freak probably knows about this rumor, right? My cousin used to tell me that you could go to the moon and catch Deoxys if the dud said a number over 120. Never worked, though.

The rock may or may not have something to do with Jirachi -- it is just supposed to be something to do with the space station, after all. Only time will tell.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    YES I hope so! I totally forgot about the space station in Mossdeep. I'd been wanting a sequel to the games that involved going up into space for some reason, and something involving Deoxys or Jirachi would be grand. Maybe Team Magma wants to ram the moon into Earth or something. :p I don't care what it is, but an expedition lead by Steven... hmm, I can see a lot of cool things happening with space/the moon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope they do something with it sometime. I think maybe it'll connect to Jirachi somehow. I would love to be able to catch it in a game sometime, and not rely on Events to get it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Deoxys would make sense in airspace, and so would Rayquaza. Given that Team Magma's story was so similar, maybe a land-based plot might actually involve some action in space? I dunno.
    Actually, I can see Team Aqua trying to also use the moon to manipulate the tides of Earth.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I can see both teams doing that.
    Maybe it would be Aqua's plan initially, so the tides would overrun the land, and Magma follows them to thwart and that's where the endgame begins. I'd say it would be the endgame, but Kyogre and Groudon surely wouldn't appear on the moon and wherever they are would be the final "showdown," I imagine.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Rumor repels pls.

Also, I'm kind of opposed to going to the moon. It doesn't seem Pokemon-like.

For the white rock, I definitely want something to be done with that. A Jirachi event perhaps?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Rumor repels pls.

For the white rock, I definitely want something to be done with that. A Jirachi event perhaps?

Doesn't seem Pokemon-like? Going to the moon? I'd say the presence of the space station in the first place rejects that notion.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    There really isn't a whole lot on the moon, yeah, but it would be pretty cool to go there. :o I mean, going to the moon to catch Deoxys or Jirachi? How cool would that be?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I wouldn't be surprised if we were still able to go...

I just don't see what would be on the moon. :\

That's what we're speculating about! The games had two space-themed Pokemon already and they weren't tied into the storyline whatsoever, and the space station was "close to being ready" so what better time to have some sort of plotline, whether it be post-game or not, actually included? That'd be cool, you must admit.

Clefairies and moonstones.

That too

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    LOL; I like how both the fabled "white rock" and the Space Center are both in Mossdeep City. It's like the city wants us to hate it for crushing our dreams. XD

I hope they do something with it sometime. I think maybe it'll connect to Jirachi somehow. I would love to be able to catch it in a game sometime, and not rely on Events to get it.

This; it's bad enough that the 2 Pokemon are event-only as of now, I don't have to be reminded of them every time I travel through Mossdeep City. XD

Actually, I can see Team Aqua trying to also use the moon to manipulate the tides of Earth.

Ooh! That could be a great enhancement for the storyline! Now we have a reason to fight both Team Magma and Team Aqua at the Mossdeep Space Center! LOL; I'm laughing at what Maxie planned to do there..

Rumor repels pls.

If we can have the "alternate dimension" Distortion World present via a gateway in Sinnoh, I would think that no location is really off-limits. XD Maybe going to the moon seems weird because we're always stuck on the ground in Pokemon games and never actually see space..?

That's what we're speculating about! The games had two space-themed Pokemon already and they weren't tied into the storyline whatsoever, and the space station was "close to being ready" so what better time to have some sort of plotline, whether it be post-game or not, actually included? That'd be cool, you must admit.

That too

The space station rocket launch thing would be interesting, although I'm wondering whether they'd maintain the function of counting how many weeks your game file has been active..? I'd dislike it if a potential "Deoxys" event to require months of real-life waiting, though; I'd probably miss the launch!

Moon Stones would be useful. :D There's never enough Moon Stones in games.
    I could also see Jirachi being caught on the moon, or even Deoxys.

More Moon Stones would be useful, particularly for OmegaRuby players (since I'm guessing that AlphaSapphire players will be able to frisk Lunatone of their Moon Stones like in Sapphire). Clefairy appearing on the moon would be sensible, too.

Hmm...I hope that Deoxys would be catchable on the moon (after the player travels there via rocket!) while still maintaining the Birth Island triangle puzzle (or even building upon said puzzle..?). As for Jirachi, it would make sense to use a wish tag to interact with the white rock..I always imagined that the player would mysteriously get whisked away to Night Sky's Edge (a route that Jirachi unlocks in the PokeWalker accessory), then the player would be tasked to complete a puzzle before engaging Jirachi in battle. After the battle ends, you mysteriously end up in Mossdeep again.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    I really don't think sending a ten year old into space is something the Space Center would EVER allow. But perhaps while on one of their missions a space virus just happens to get attached to the ship and makes it back to Earth. And maybe this virus just happens to mutate into a legendary Pokemon and flees to Birth Island.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, that would be interesting to see, considering the protagonist can miraculously survive for extended hours underwater. However, I don't really feel like having to fight legendary Pokémon outer space, that would be quite weird. Perhaps making a 'connection' with them outer space and then landing back down for battling is something called for...?

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
    I can imagine Jirachi having something to do with the "White Rock" near the station...

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Maybe they'll make the Space Station into some kind of minigame where you can hunt for Moon Stones and other stuff.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I think we all want jirachi and deoxys to appear in game. Mossdeep city was one of the most intriguing cities (if not the most interesting) with the White rock and the space station. What could be on the moon could be some comet shards, star pieces and certain evo stones. And maybe how about a moonstation where they do some deoxys related experiment/research where the actual legendary pokemon appears from a meteor, maybe adding a couple of puzzles too. The event ítem could be something like a space ticket that allows us to board the rocket. For jirachi it could be the wish tag since it was always related to that ítem that was never created, only spoken of by the girl in mossdeep i guess, and probably the White Stone reacting to it and sending you to a place where you can actually catch it. Or it can be that you are sent in some sort of side quest requiring the White Stone and the wish tag.
    But the question would be if they are going to be available in both games or if they will only be available one in each game, like deoxys in ruby and jirachi in sapphire for example. It would be good for some of the rumors created in the 3rd generation to become real.

Back