• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

// let's mega-evolve!

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    especially cause i also feel like Milotic is a bit of a counterpart to Gyarados, so i definitely feel it needs a mega...

and Flygon is just awesome. and it NEEDS a mega to gain access to the battles again!

Tropius i also think would be nice to get a mega, though for me its not AS important. but i do think it would be great to get it back into the spotlight! to me at least Tropius tends to be a bit forgettable sometimes
    ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega-Tropius would be great, I believe.

Personally, I've always felt as if this Pokémon was ready for competitive battling and whatnot due to its gargantuan size (I understand that sizes don't matter when it comes to things like this, but still), but wound up being held back due to its overall stats. If it could gain some boost by mega-evolving, it would be awesome!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Mega-Tropius would be great, I believe.

Personally, I've always felt as if this Pokémon was ready for competitive battling and whatnot due to its gargantuan size (I understand that sizes don't matter when it comes to things like this, but still), but wound up being held back due to its overall stats. If it could gain some boost by mega-evolving, it would be awesome!

Ya know, it does make me wonder. Considering Tropius is already gargantuan, imagine how big it would be after Mega Evolving. .-.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    so i decided mega tropius would be awesome. i mean look at it.
    look at that majestic artist impression beast. glorious.
    Spoiler:

Wicked3DS

Years
  • so i decided mega tropius would be awesome. i mean look at it.
    look at that majestic artist impression beast. glorious.
    Spoiler:

O_O That is crazy. That would be awesome, and that's an awesome drawing too. Yeah, if it looks anything like that it would be amazing.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    OK i didn't want to post here again right away but

MEGA RAYQUAZAAAH! YES! have you SEEN it?! and that move?! i'm so impressed!

and of course there's haters, and i have to say i still have to get used to it too. but at the same time i'm super excited! just imagine how incredible it will look SHINY!
    the only thing i'm confused by however, is that it's actually a Mega-evolution, so not Primal. not that i mind... at least this way we for sure get to use it ourselves (ノ>▽<。)ノ

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQg3lSvWc4

Ohhhhhhmygosh. Mega Rayquaza is SO MAJESTIC. SO BEAUTIFUL. I think it's going to be my all-time favourite Mega evolution to date, even surpassing Mega Diancie.

the only thing i'm confused by however, is that it's actually a Mega-evolution, so not Primal. not that i mind... at least this way we for sure get to use it ourselves (ノ>▽<。)ノ

As for it not being Primal, I've found this from the comments section of the video:
    "Groudon and Kyogre were in a "Primal" state prior to being awakened. Rayquaza was always awake, just above the cloud layer."
    This could be the reason why.

I wonder what its Delta Stream ability actually does. "A mysterious air current is protecting Flying-type Pokemon." I've heard that it neutralises super effective moves against Flying-types, or something along those lines. Also, its signature move Dragon Ascent is amazing! Most powerful Flying-type move, they call it. *o*

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQg3lSvWc4

Ohhhhhhmygosh. Mega Rayquaza is SO MAJESTIC. SO BEAUTIFUL. I think it's going to be my all-time favourite Mega evolution to date, even surpassing Mega Diancie.

As for it not being Primal, I've found this from the comments section of the video:
    "Groudon and Kyogre were in a "Primal" state prior to being awakened. Rayquaza was always awake, just above the cloud layer."
    This could be the reason why.

I wonder what its Delta Stream ability actually does. "A mysterious air current is protecting Flying-type Pokemon." I've heard that it neutralises super effective moves against Flying-types, or something along those lines. Also, its signature move Dragon Ascent is amazing! Most powerful Flying-type move, they call it. *o*

I was wondering about it being Mega instead of Primal myself, thanks for clearing that up. It's awesome, I'm glad it happened. Delta Stream should be interesting. Delta Emerald confirmed.

Now it's time for Mega Flygon.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I had to google primal since I had a total mind blank at what it was. ;__; Thanks for the explanation though, I had no idea. :D

I think Delta Stream would do something along those lines. Or maybe they'd go one step further and make non-super effective moves not affect flying-types/status effects? But that would feel kind of overpowered if you had nothing to combat it so maybe not. Then again it's Rayquaza so anything could happen. :D

Dragon Ascent honestly sounds like a much better Fly. And it would probably hit for over 9000. Welp. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've heard about the introduction of Mega-Rayquaza yesterday in a Skype group-chat, but forgot looking into it afterward, as I was sort of busy with doing something, haha. Taking a look at it now, and would definitely have to agree with Sophie; in almost all possible way, it's majestic!

It's said to have a new ability "Delta Stream," which causes storm and negates all effect of opposing weather conditions, such as hail, sunny day, sandstorm, and rain; if you ask me, it's pretty interesting. This might sound sort of overpower, but I don't exactly believe that; even though it does give slight advantage to flying-types thanks to its secondary effect, it still more or less levels the main playing-field.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Username: Dedenne1
    Partner: Mega Diance
    Reason: Well i love all pokemon except a few(magikarp) and i realky like Megas i dont have a big favorite but mega diance and mega altaria are great
    Answer a topic: If i absolutely had to choose 1 it would be mega Houndoom its powerful and looks awesome ive only used a Houndoom once and i was impressed

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I guess we might get 4 new Mega Pokémon soon! What's your opinion on the upcoming new Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill?

Dedenne1

Years
  • Well we already knew about mega Latias and latios. Mega pidgeot i can see being pretty powerful. Bee drill eh i dont use it much but if they move his moveset around and get a good stat raise then he will be pretty good. I hope they have more coming! Like mega milotic? Its possible! :)

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    4 more megas! ... but to be honest i may be even less excited than i was for Mega Slowbro.

it may just be the lack of nostalgia goggles, but i've never been a particularly big fan of the Pidgeot and Beedril lines. Pidgeot because it has three evolutions that basically only change its size and the length and colour of its 'mane'. and now it got a fourth. yay. sorry, i've already seen lots of people who absolutely love it BECAUSE of it's simple design but i'm really unimpressed.

Beedrill's mega design on the other hand i have to say i think is awesome. it's like a seriously badass hornet. the more i look at it the cooler it becomes. especially with the image of the original Beedrill next to it; it's like it got a massive upgrade! it feels so much more 'grown up'. i don't know. i'm not big Beedrill fan but its mega is amazing.

Latias and Latios we already knew were coming, right? so they're not a huge surprise. i'm still not sure how i feel about the fact they have the same colour now. they certainly are harder to distinguish, haha! but i do love how you can apparently fly around on them around Hoenn; that's incredible. and you can even get all legendaries by flying around to that black island supposedly? i'm really excited about that
    (ノ>▽<。)ノ

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Not really a fan of Beedrill but I'm alright with Pidgeot. :p

As much as I like Pidgeot, its mega evolution was really underwhelming and bland. The extra blue was a nice touch but it didn't feel like much effort had been put into it compared to the other mega forms that had been revealed over the past year or so. I get that the design is supposed to be simple seeing as it was one of the first bird pokemon. But really? Kinda disappointed in what they did there. :(

Yeah, Beedrill. Bees? No thanks. Was never a fan of Beedrill in any shape or form because of the association to real life. Stingers and all that nasty stuff. But I'd have to agree that the mega evolution definitely touched up on a pretty old design so kudos to Gamefreak. It's all cool and a bit flashier now. :D Don't think its gonna change my mutual hatred and fear for the thing though. :( Also where's Mega Butterfree? (speaking of mega butterflies, a mega vivillion wouldn't be half-bad either! think rainbows?)

But really. Overworld flying? Heck yeah, Gamefreak nailed it. It's a much better idea then just a short animation and poof, that's fly. I'm just really happy they went with a 'final fantasy sort of style' on this feature. So yeah, I can safely say that I'll be picking up either of the above two before going hunting for the hidden islands. :)

Also just a hunch but maybe they'll be giving mega forms to one of the legendaries found on the hidden islands? Just a feeling though.

Dedenne1

Years
  • In my opinion pidgeot shouldnt have gotten a mega its really not needed mega beedrill i never used the beedrill lines but i may now its design is super cool and does this hint at a possible mega butterfree? Op much haha

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Holy crap, this is amazing. Beedrill is one I like but is kind of hard to use because it's underpowered, so this will help out a lot. It's design is pretty beastly too. Pidgeot's design doesn't really impress me all the much, but I think it is deserving of a Mega. Here Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey! I hope they make a Mega Butterfree too, that would be pretty cool.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Mega Butterfree seems so cool i hope they will release one. But op much?

Back