• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

// let's mega-evolve!

Nakala Pri

Partner: Mega Lopunny
Reason: 'Cause Megas are like, radicool! I'm also making a Mega team on Omega Ruby so I could use some tips. :P

Mega Swellow would be pretty good. I'm not using Swellow because it's pretty blech and there's nothing interesting about it. :( If it had a Mega I'd totally get it. :^D

I reckon a Mega Zangoose and a Mega Serviper would have been awesome! They def's need a spruce up and they could put some kind of story behind them both getting Megas. Like snake got one from Santa, cat got jealous, asked for one, got one too. xD

And do you know what would have been really interesting? A Mega Plusle and Minun! :D Not only would their stats shoot up, maybe they could get their own exclusive move?

Since they're basically Cheering Pokemon, maybe they could have a move like Sunshine Spark or Cheer Jolt? Maybe they could power up the Pokemon beside you and if you make them both use the move in a double battle, they join up and create a massive Rasengan-like spark and fling it at the targets. :D It'd probably only have 3 PP and it's accuracy would be heaps low if you only made one use it, but I reckon it'd be epic! <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to mega-evolution club, Rozu! It's great to have you on-board.

Mega-Swellow would definitely have been cool, due to reasons I've stated before. Rather than Pidgeot, I believe it likely would have been more wise and advantageous had they given this Pokémon a mega-form. Taillow isn't too difficult to capture, so when it comes to access Swellow and whatnot, it likely wouldn't be too difficult; then, all we would need to do is grab its stone.

Mega-Plusle and Minun would be rather cute, I imagine. This would help boost their usage as well, I feel; currently, other than in-game, these two Pokémon don't seemed to be utilized at all when it comes to battling, which is kind of disappointing.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Username: IndianCharizard#
Partner: Mega Venusaur
Reason: Cause i love mega evolutiins of pokemon, they really become very strong nd tough and and also hage a big effect in th battle field.
Answer a topic:Which Megas do you currently own? Or if you don't own XY, what megas do you want on your team when given the chance?: I currently own a Mega Charizard X and Mega Garchomp in pokemon X, they are quite cool and strong.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username: MurkMire

Partner: My partner is...
Spoiler:

Reason: I really like the idea of Mega Pokemon. Not much more to it. ;P

What's your favorite mega and why?
Mega Banette, of course! <3 It fits so well, and I love it. Banette really needed an extra form, evolutionary or Mega. ;P And honestly, I like his Mega Form a lot! He'll be my Mega Pokemon when I get Pokemon Y. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, IC! Yeah, I could definitely understand as to why we'd choose Mega-Venusaur; in general, it looks pretty nice, even though there wasn't much change from its regular form. Mega-evolutions aren't meant to look too different from their original body structure, I believe, and this would be a good example of that. There are some out there that go through massive amount of change (such as Mewtwo), but I don't precisely feel that this path is the correct way to go about. Though, this is their franchise, so it's all up to them on what they do, I suppose, and not us (well, at least most of the time).

Welcome to you too, Murky; I'm glad to see you join us! I've used Mega-Banette a couple of times before in-game, and it was able to perform quite wonderfully. I like its design as well; it looks rather intimidating, which I believe was their aim (they were quite successful at it).

Unfortunately, I've never used this Pokémon competitively, so I can't say how good it might be in that regard. However, its statistics are great overall, so I'm sure it's not bad!

Nakala Pri

I just ditched my Mega team! It's pretty crappy. It was supposed to be something completely different and I just used them to get me by. But then I kinda had to stick with them since every other Pokemon was even worse. xD

Right now, I'm breeding Aipoms, trying to get a personality that would suit it. 8D Not a good personality, but not crappy.

Should I use a Lopunny, even with my Ambipom? I do prefer Ambi to Punny but Punny's Mega Evolution is just... wicked.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Should I use a Lopunny, even with my Ambipom? I do prefer Ambi to Punny but Punny's Mega Evolution is just... wicked.

Is this supposed to be a new topic? I don't think you should've made it bold :P

Anyway, Lopunny has a mega, so for the sake of this club and staying on topic, I'm choosing that :P

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Megas generally do better stat wise and I'm not a fan of Ambipom's design so I'll go with Lopunny as well. I feel like megas > normal pokemon is usually true most of the time so if you're asking for the stronger one, I'd always take the pokemon with a mega. In the situation they created a Mega Ambipom, maybe then they could be compared in terms of battle but I still think that Lopunny would come out stronger even in its original form. Maybe I'm slightly biased since I hate Ambipom but I can't say that I'd root for its potential mega form in the future. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Unfortunately, I haven't used Lopunny before (well, I did, but not recently) and nor its mega, so I can't precisely say if it would be good or not.

Though, if you're planning to battle online and whatnot, I definitely would not recommend having Ambipom on the same team. This makes us vulnerable to fighting-types pretty heavily, and although we could be carrying a ghost Pokémon to absorb those hits, we're doomed if it winds up to be taken down, somehow.

If it's in-game, then it's not a big deal; we are free to do anything we please, I believe! We could have a team of six normal-types, if we wish, and nothing would be affecting us in any way (well, at least majorly). Haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Bump, everyone! To keep this going, let's introduce a new topic!

If we were to change typing of any existing mega-evolution, which would it be? What would we change it to, and why?

For me, it would probably have to be Mega-Gyarados; rather than it being partially dark, I would have it switch into dragon. I'm sure a majority of us tend to get reminded of dragon-types as soon as we see this Pokémon, so we likely wouldn't have much trouble actually accepting. On top of this, it also has access to a couple of dragon attacks in which it could gain boost due to being same-type and whatnot, which is a plus.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
All aboard the 'mega gyarados for dragon' hype train! Choo choo. <3

To answer the topic, I think most mega forms are fine typing wise. One that probably sticks out the most though would be Mega Aggron. Instead of keeping it as a rock/steel type, they decided to make it purely steel? It seems more like a downgrade than anything. I do get that it looks like its fully covered in armour but what about just using the alternate typing of ground/steel or something similar? I find it really weird for them to just move a type like that and then not replace it with anything. ;v;

A majority of megas also keep their original form's typings when they transform. While this does make sense, it wouldn't hurt to change it up a little and edit some current mega form's typings to be different to their previous evolution. Take either M-Banette or Aerodactyl for example. Both of their mega designs aren't that different compared with their normal forms but they can still benefit from a new typing.

For instance, Banette could probably receive an extra dark type to help support its appearance as a nightmarish and unpleasantly creepy phantom. Its mega is even more intimidating and a dark typing would certainly help to add to this.

Let's also not forget that Aerodactyl's mega pretty much has rock/dragon written all over it. And there's no need for the secondary flying type either since it's assumed most dragons can fly anyway. :]

Years
To answer the topic, I think most mega forms are fine typing wise. One that probably sticks out the most though would be Mega Aggron. Instead of keeping it as a rock/steel type, they decided to make it purely steel? It seems more like a downgrade than anything. I do get that it looks like its fully covered in armour but what about just using the alternate typing of ground/steel or something similar? I find it really weird for them to just move a type like that and then not replace it with anything. ;v;

They were going with a defensive, tanky route there, which explains it being pure Steel-type (which has a lot of resistances) and having the Filter ability to weaken super-effective attacks directed at it. Physical attacks get tanked even harder with its sky-high Defense stat.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Honestly i expected mega gyarados to be part dragon type i dont understand why he wasnt but i do like how powerful he is just he looks more dragon than dark haha.

Nakala Pri

If we were to change typing of any existing mega-evolution, which would it be?

Ampharos. >:( I mean, it definitely looks like an Electric/Fairy, right?! Dragon hardly makes any sense. Fairy would have worked out way better.

And with the Mewtwo Megas, one is Psychic/Fighting, and the other is just Psychic. Seems a bit unfair to me. I reckon Psychic/Steel would be far better. 8D I mean, it doesn't look too Steel-y, but neither does Mawile.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Mega Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, it just doesn't make sense otherwise. That's all I can think of for now, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Changing Mega-Ampharos into electric-fairy does make sense, at least from my perspective.

Its appearance is generally elegant-looking, which, in my eyes, don't quite suit a dragon-type; had it been dragon, I would have imagined this Pokémon to be looking more fierce and whatnot. Not all dragon-type Pokémon look intimidating and up-front, I understand--Dragonite would be a good example of this; I'm sure a lot of us could agree that it looks more adorable than anything, especially due to its puppy-looking eyes--but most still are.

Ampharos might have more dragon attacks in its arsenal in which it could gain some damage move for being the same type, but if they wish, they also could have taught it some fairy hits as well; things would have worked equally as great, I believe. If they decide to give Ampharos a second mega-evolution at some point (this might be unlikely, considering that they give two megas to only those that are overly-popular among fans, which this Pokémon might not be), I feel fairy-electric would be a wise combination.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So, let's bump this up, everyone! I have a new event in store for us, with the name of Bimonthly Featured Mega! It's similar to Wiicked's Pokémon of the Week event (special thanks to him for allowing us to borrow), but one difference is that it lasts much longer. I've thought about making this a weekly thing as well, but one downside of this is that, unfortunately, there aren't much mega-evolutions out there right now, which would cause us to quickly run out of choices.

For our first, let's kick things off with Mega-Delphox. Here are the Dex entries of this Pokémon:

X - It gazes into the flame at the tip of its branch to achieve a focused state, which allows it to see into the future.
Y - Using psychic power, it generates a fiery vortex of 5,400 degrees Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame.
Omega Ruby - It gazes into the flame at the tip of its branch to achieve a focused state, which allows it to see into the future.
Alpha Sapphire - Using psychic power, it generates a fiery vortex of 5,400 degrees Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame.

What are our thoughts on Delphox and its mega-evolution? Do we like? Dislike, perhaps? What are our reasoning behind it?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Username: Polar Spectrum
Partner: Mega Gallade (or perhaps Mega Gengar - one of those two though.)
Reason: I'm very fond of Megas in concept and practice - and hope many more are to come.
Answer a topic: I'll do twooooo -

Mega Ampharos as electric / fairy makes sense to me. It did have the dragon moves already; but its appearance changes to a very fairy-like one imo. Plus it already had the smooth rounded frame of a fairy as opposed to the jagged sharp one of a dragon. (See, Azumarill and Togekiss vs Haxorus and Salamence. This ties into my theory that Dragonite should be Dragon / Fairy, or if it gets a mega - should become one.)

Mega Delphox, would be reeeeally cool. Its ear-hair (ew) could instead become a witch-like hat. Or it could conjure up a staff instead of a wand, which it could use to greatly increase its Sp. Atk stat. I like the ideas of the megas for sixth gen starters. Mainly because I want Chesnaught to have one too. ;-;

Also Stunfisk. Stunfisk needs a mega.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
lol I was looking without reading and im like theres a mega delphox???? I was gone for a day! haha
it would be so cool! right? right? haha
I have so many ideas in my head of how it would look likely a witch and have like its wand and umm idk maybe a witches hat made of its fur or something along the lines.
No dislike only like with a boost those kalos starters are amazing I mean it will happen we cant just give the other starters megas and skip them!
I think typing would remain the same and more spdef and special attack possibly more speed but it would be based on the design. lemme see if I can find one on dev or something....

edit: search mega delphox on google and its amazing what dev has haha great designs!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, I'm sorry about that; I wasn't aware about the in-existence of Mega-Delphox, haha. I was focusing more on the generator I was using, I suppose, so I kind of wound up letting it slide. Anyhow, if it were to exist, how would we imagine this particular mega-evolution to be? What are some features would we wish to see in its design?

Me--I would love it if they were to put together a mega-evolution form for this particular Pokémon. The system is primarily a generation-six thing, it does kind of suck to not see many sixth gen Pokémon have these forms. One for Delphox would likely be easier to accept than others, at least for some fans, considering that it's a starter and whatnot.

As far as appearance goes, I'd imagine it to seem slightly taller, and perhaps have more fur to add more of a mystical feeling to the Pokémon. Stats--I feel it'd be great if it had gained boost in Special Attack and Speed, since these are what Delphox seems to lean on.

Also, welcome to our club, Polar Spectrum! It's good to have you with us!

Back