• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

... Let's not speak on this game again!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    So guys, what do you think is the worst game of all time? I mean, not just based on the games that you've played, but also your opinion based on maybe some games from reviews, or something. What would you say is the reason why that particular game you've mentioned is just plain awful? Discuss!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Hmm... I've played so many games... There was this dumb Yu-Gi-Oh game that I had that was really cheap and the other person always seemed to win by luck or something. It was pretty terrible. No games really came to mind. Beyblade was also pretty awful.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Hmm... I've played so many games... There was this dumb Yu-Gi-Oh game that I had that was really cheap and the other person always seemed to win by luck or something. It was pretty terrible. No games really came to mind. Beyblade was also pretty awful.

Was it Yugioh: The Sacred Cards for the GBA by chance? Because my god did that game suck.

The only game that really comes to mind is Glover for the N64. I've never played it before, but I've seen other people play it and my god does that game just stink. I just don't understand the point of it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Final Fantasy II isn't my least favorite game ever, but it's fundamentally broken on just about every level, especially when talking about the original NES version. The later versions did some rebalancing with the combat mechanics and made it less horrible, but it's still poorly thought out to the core. However, I DID enjoy The Last Remnant, and it's made by the same madman that directed FF2.

I hate Persona 3 Portable more, but not because it's broken(although it kinda is). It's just horribly, horribly dull.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Action 52.

I don't think I need to even explain this at all.

What, you not a fan of Cheetahmen?

The Angry Video Game Nerd did an excellent job covering both Action 52 and one of it's games, Cheetahmen. If y'all haven't seen it I highly recommend checking it out on Youtube.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    What, you not a fan of Cheetahmen?

The Angry Video Game Nerd did an excellent job covering both Action 52 and one of it's games, Cheetahmen. If y'all haven't seen it I highly recommend checking it out on Youtube.

Hm...forgot about Cheetahmen, so may as well rephrase this - everything else but Cheetahmen. Still, despite this, a majority of reviews were blatantly negative.

I do remember watching Silent Rob and Armake's reviews on this game...so much rage, which I can simply understand due to horrific gameplay.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ So you...liked Cheetahmen? Whoa.

Anyway, at first I was gonna come in and say I haven't really played a really bad game that I could recall, but then I saw this:

The only game that really comes to mind is Glover for the N64. I've never played it before, but I've seen other people play it and my god does that game just stink. I just don't understand the point of it.

and I remember renting it (which I recall only renting it because all of the ones I wanted were gone and this was the only one left that I would have likely even been allowed to rent) and it was hard as hell and...weird. It's not the worst game ever, but I'd say it's one of my least favorites I've ever played. Castlevania on N64 was also something a friend of mine rented and I hated that too.

As far as games that are horrible that I haven't had the misfortune to play, everything AVGN does. But that's a bit of a cop-out answer.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Castlevania on N64 was also something a friend of mine rented and I hated that too.

Dear god, I completely forgot about that game! D:

That game was just odd - as an avid lover of the Castlevania series, it was in an awkward transition phase from 2D to 3D that just didn't flow as well as it should have. I think this is when the series started to stray away from what made the series great, as it was trying out some "innovative" new game mechanics.

Although I might be a hypocrite by saying that as I adored Castlevania Lord of Shadows, and I honestly cant wait to buy the newest one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That game was just odd - as an avid lover of the Castlevania series, it was in an awkward transition phase from 2D to 3D that just didn't flow as well as it should have. I think this is when the series started to stray away from what made the series great, as it was trying out some "innovative" new game mechanics.

At the time, I had never seen an older Castlevania game. But I remember when my friend and I were playing this, I eventually looked him dead in the eye and said, "Let's play Spiderman." as serious as humanly possible for a kid. I couldn't handle that game anymore. lol I was so done with it, I wanted to play Spiderman, which we were terrible at. I wanted to switch games that badly.

I'm not a big fan of it, nor do I hate it, but at least for that part, they tried...unlike the other ones.

"Don't worry! We will fight for you!"

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I know there's many people that disagree with me on this but Banjo Kazooie was one of the worst games I've ever played. I very very quickly found myself bored and wondering why I was still playing it. I don't even know what about it put me off so quickly either, just the whole thing was kinda awful, worse than Barkley Shut up and Jam.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Beyond Two Souls. I went into that game thinking it was something like a 3rd person action game and ended up hating it. While I'm not saying it is a bad game when you go into something only to find out it is something totally different it makes go ugh......

And I don't mind games that use the style I loved Lux Pain which does soemthing sort of like it but at least I knew what to expect via that game.

TY

Command and Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.

After so long EA decided to screw over C&C by doing this. Murdering the C&C series by removing base building and harvesting. Plus the cutscenes were just awful. I have an entire review on it why i hate it so much -_-

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I know there's many people that disagree with me on this but Banjo Kazooie was one of the worst games I've ever played. I very very quickly found myself bored and wondering why I was still playing it. I don't even know what about it put me off so quickly either, just the whole thing was kinda awful, worse than Barkley Shut up and Jam.

Although I didn't feel that way towards Banjo Kazooie, I definitely felt that way towards it's sequel Banjo Tooie. Games centered around collecting items to advance are hit and misses really, and the Banjo Kazooie sereis did some things right and some wrong. Personally for me in Banjo Tooie, I felt the worlds you went in just didn't have the same pizazz as Banjo Kazooie had, and the addition of backtracking in Banjo Tooie was a complete hassle. Cloud Cuckooland was an absolute disaster of an area, and the only highlight of that - and personally the highlight of the game for me - was fighting Mingy Jongo.

Like I said, their hit and misses really. It depends on whether or not you like constantly collecting items, or in this case Jiggies, Notes, Honeycombs, and Jinjos.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Sonic '06. A halfassed excuse of a Sonic game. They only GOOD things about it were the graphics and the music. Didn't make up for everything else, though. That's how bad it was.

Completely agree with this. After watching the Game Grumps play through this, I just shudder at even the mention of this horrendous piece of garbage that is classified as a game.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Dude, I'm actually so glad Sonic 06 exists. Now I don't necessarily like playing the game (at all) but with friends it's absolutely hilarious. Like I mean it, it might as well be the funniest video game ever because of how bad it is.

EVERYONE should watch the Pokecapn LP of the game. E V E R Y O N E

That said yeah it is an easy contender of worst game ever, but definitely one I love in a weeeeird sense.

Years
    Plumber's Don't Wear Ties - It's essentially a slideshow with bunch of pictures edited using MS Paint masquerading as a visual novel made for a failed console 3DO, coupled with terrible voice acting and one train wreck of a plot. It's actually worth checking out just to see how laughably atrocious it is.

Custer's Revenge - A montonous Atari 2600 game notorious for its explicit and offensive theme.

Superman 64 - Need I say anything?

Back