• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Play Shiny Gold X!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Heh...some people might be mad at me for this one...

Episode 6: The Really Short Episode That Will Anger People Who Like Umbreon and Fearow
Spoiler:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
I don't really care about the loss, but you have to admit, Fearow is far better than Pidgeot (And the 16 levels with Fearow and Pidgeotto are blowouts to Fearow.)

Although your team is redundant now. Ground and Fighting have almost EXACTLY the same coverage.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
This is true. I was going to use Dusclops over Sandslash, but I decided I would make this run harder and more enjoyable for more by using all my favorite Pokemon rather than just the best

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
O:

I know that Fearow sucks, I really hate it. And the loss of Umbreon is ok, his nature was bleh anyways. ;D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Is this a walkthrough? People ended up talking about your Pokemon. XD

It's great. Your attitude towards everything in that hack is making me laugh, although it crosses the limits. But it's okay I think. No human being is offended (except for Carlos, who happens to be the creator of SG XD)
Keep up :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Lawl at least Pidgeots better learnset wise. My Fearow was level 27 and it's strongest move was still Peck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I don't wanna use Treecko. I normally wouldn't even use Feraligatr, but I've just grown so attached to it.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I don't wanna use Treecko. I normally wouldn't even use Feraligatr, but I've just grown so attached to it.

NO

WAI

On the other, have you tried to hunt for Scizors near Lake of Rage? I actually found one. xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I randomly saw one when going to beat the Gyarados. I didn't even know they were there. It surprised me. I don't wanna use it though lol

mattman324

Years
Lawl at least Pidgeots better learnset wise. My Fearow was level 27 and it's strongest move was still Peck!

Fury attack is better with 2 hits, which... it always gets. Remember, Normal STAB.

Also, it gets Drill peck. What do you get, 70 base power Fly? Yeah right.

Also, Fearow has better stat distribution than Pidgeot. Pidgeot is bulkier (Ingame, it's useless, they both can take a hit, competitively they both die in one hit anyway), compaired to Fearow being faster and stronger physically (lol @ Special pidgeot.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Fury attack is better with 2 hits, which... it always gets. Remember, Normal STAB.

Also, it gets Drill peck. What do you get, 70 base power Fly? Yeah right.

Also, Fearow has better stat distribution than Pidgeot. Pidgeot is bulkier (Ingame, it's useless, they both can take a hit, competitively they both die in one hit anyway), compaired to Fearow being faster and stronger physically (lol @ Special pidgeot.)

Fearow Base Stat Total: 442

Pidgeot Base Stat Total: 469

kthx

mattman324

Years
I said "STAT DISTRIBUTION", not "BASE STATS.

Pidgeot's base stats: 83/80/75/70/70/91. (That's HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Speed)

Fearow's base stats: 65/90/65/61/61/100. The defenses (As I said before) are not needed (When Dugtrio can take hits ingame, and it has MUCH worse...), the attack and speed are.

Also, Pidgeot's best attack until Wing attack is Gust/Quick attack. If you keep Fearow as a Spearow until level 25, it gets Arial Ace. Earlier than Wing attack. And by the way, you get Fearow 16 levels later than Pidgeot, and Pidgeotto 2 levels earlier.

tl dr: Fearow is better than Pidgeot. Dodrio is better than both of them (You should know this), and Swellow and Staraptor are the two best. And Farfy, Chatot, and Noctowl are under them all. And Togekiss is a different catigorie despite the typing. And I'm stopping.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I like this LP.

I also want to mention: you really shouldn't worry about usefulness and the like for LPs, the readers really seem to dig failure, and UNHOLYbears for some reason.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Thanks! While we're here, I would like to say that your LP of Quartz was extremely entertaining haha. It means a lot that you say you like my LP.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
I really enjoy reading this LP and Im looking forward to your next update.^^

JasonX3333

Im accepting all wi-fi battles
Years
lol

Yes, Shiny Gold. Probably the most famous and celebrated rom hack ever made. I'm gonna be doing the difficult version of it. After running through Rijon Adventures X, I highly doubt this could prove to be much of a problem for me at all....right?

Spoiler:

This is one was the best lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Sorry for the hardcore lack of updates. My computer's really screwed up and I'm busy a lot during the summer. If my computer doesnt stop failing...well...this let's play may have just reached a very abrupt ending :/

Back