• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about the 4 Alolan Islands

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years
  • I think there will be 5 Tapus. I think one will be an Event Legends. With the Artifical Island, being man made, I doubt there is a Guardian. The other 2 small islands, I think may be too small for a Guardian, or could be under the Guardianship of one of the 4 Guardians.

Leaving the 8th/9th Island. As I said, they could rename one of the islands to blue. I have always thought there would be a 9th island based on Easter Island though, even though it is far away form Hawaii

The Fifth Tapu could have disappeared after the island not used from Hawaii, sunk under the water. Making it the 5th Tapu. I say an event Tapu, because I think there will be at least 3 more event legends, not counting Magearna. And I personally think the Guardians may be based on the Tiki Gods and the Totem Pole as one, and there is 5 Major Tiki Gods. But that is for another thread which is somewhere else on here.

That could actually be true, knowing that their are 5 major gods and goddesses of Hawaiian mythology. The funny thing is that one of these gods have the power of electricity and charge, which maybe is represented by Tapu Koko.

So knowing that one of the gods must be Tapu Koko, the remaining four must be represented by the five deities minus one because of Tapu Koko. Is there any more details that you think involves the islands and its tapus?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Like Colours said, I don't really see much of the stuff on the leak happening, although 78 islands is a cool idea.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I suppose another set of islands could be plausible, there does seem to be a lot of open empty space on the visible map alone. I think it would make for some great post-game content if we were able to explore some new islands.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • We must also remember, a somewhat credible leak suggests that there are 4 other islands post-game, that aren't shown on the artist-drawn map.
    It wasn't even slightly credible, let's be realistic. There was nothing special about it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• That could actually be true, knowing that their are 5 major gods and goddesses of Hawaiian mythology. The funny thing is that one of these gods have the power of electricity and charge, which maybe is represented by Tapu Koko.

So knowing that one of the gods must be Tapu Koko, the remaining four must be represented by the five deities minus one because of Tapu Koko. Is there any more details that you think involves the islands and its tapus?

It is just me, but having a hard time understanding what you are asking lol. I mean I know what you are asking, but I don't. Are you asking for more details on the Tiki Gods or are you asking if I have any more ideas for what could be linked?

One other idea I had was the 5th Tapu could rule over all non major islands when its island sank into the water. Other than that, I don't have many more ideas right now.

I will say I disagree with the Orcario types being the same as the Tapus. I personally just don't like the idea of a Psychic and Ghost Tapu. Ghost might be ok, but I think Psychic would have been in place of Fairy.

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • It is just me, but having a hard time understanding what you are asking lol. I mean I know what you are asking, but I don't. Are you asking for more details on the Tiki Gods or are you asking if I have any more ideas for what could be linked?

One other idea I had was the 5th Tapu could rule over all non major islands when its island sank into the water. Other than that, I don't have many more ideas right now.

I will say I disagree with the Orcario types being the same as the Tapus. I personally just don't like the idea of a Psychic and Ghost Tapu. Ghost might be ok, but I think Psychic would have been in place of Fairy.

Sorry if you misunderstood my question, hehe. {XD} {XD} {XD}
    I am actually asking for the relation of the tapus, the islands and the tiki gods. :) :) :)

About Oricorio, I disagree to, matching the Tapus' types to the Oricorios seems so farfetched.

Years
  • If there are going to be more islands in the post game I wonder if they'll be the small uninhabited islands northwest of the main Hawaiian islands or entirely different islands from some other part of the ocean. Easter Island is something I've read a few times as a possibility (naturally populated with Nosepass/Probopass) but that's just one island. I'm wondering if they might (assuming there are more islands) go with updated Sevii islands to give more of that Kanto connection that seems to be running through the games so far.

H = Omaomao Island (Green) (Island Missing from Alola. Possibly Underwater)
    Now that you mention this, the water at the center bottom of the Alola map does look slightly discolored, almost like there could be a sunken island there. But then it could just be the art and mean nothing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If there are going to be more islands in the post game I wonder if they'll be the small uninhabited islands northwest of the main Hawaiian islands or entirely different islands from some other part of the ocean. Easter Island is something I've read a few times as a possibility (naturally populated with Nosepass/Probopass) but that's just one island. I'm wondering if they might (assuming there are more islands) go with updated Sevii islands to give more of that Kanto connection that seems to be running through the games so far.

Now that you mention this, the water at the center bottom of the Alola map does look slightly discolored, almost like there could be a sunken island there. But then it could just be the art and mean nothing.

Also remember that clouds were blocking the southern ocean and the northeastern ocean as well when Kukui showed a map of the region. Usually they only add clouds to something like that when it is being hidden. And where the clouds are in the northeastern ocean, there is an island with a massive tree sapling being blocked by clouds where you can just barely see it in the official region art work.

Let's talk about the 4 Alolan Islands

They never use clouds in a normal map unless it is hiding something.
    In the past, clouds have been used to hide things.

Sorry if you misunderstood my question, hehe. {XD} {XD} {XD}
    I am actually asking for the relation of the tapus, the islands and the tiki gods. :) :) :)

About Oricorio, I disagree to, matching the Tapus' types to the Oricorios seems so farfetched.

I think there will be a Fighting, Water, and Fire to go with Electricity. Fairy would be the secondary for all. If not fighting, then grass or instead of fire then grass.

I think the 5th could be Grass or fire with Ghost or Fairy.

I say this because of this:
    Kanaloa is the Tiki God of the Sea. (Water)
    Kane is the Tiki God of Light and Life (Topu Koko, electric can give life and light)
    Ku is the Tiki God of War. (Fighting)
    Lono is the Tiki God of Fertility and Peace (Grass)
    Pele is the Tiki God of Fire. Although she has a whole story of her own in Hawaii alone with her 3 siblings.

Another mythology, Kane was known as 'Lightning Breaking Through The Sky' and 'Thunderer'. This matches Topu Koko well.

Ku was also the other half of Hina, who was also Pele's mother. She was a siren. So another legendary could be base don her. He was also known as Seizer of Land. He was the Guardian of Kamehameha which is the golf course on the second island. He will be the guardian of the 2nd island with the volcano if I am right.

Lono is identified with rain. And descended from rainbows. He grew the plant of Hawaii. If I am correct, he will be the Guardian of the Big Island. I say this because it seems like there is a lot of rain there.

Kanaloa is associated strongly with Kane. He stands by the squid. He is supposed to point out hidden springs to Kane who brings them out. He would be the Guardian of the island that is bare. As there seems to be spring under the island with the geysers, which could be associated with being drawn out by Kane.

They could also be based on Kane's children which is also 4. Pele being one of the who created the Hawaiian Islands and her domain is the volcano on Big Island that has been dormant for years.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Y'know how there's the part Ice Alolan Ninetales and Sandshrew, and they were revealed in what appears to be snow capped mountains? How is there a snowy area in Alola? It's based on a group of tropical islands. I understand that mountains can have snow on them, even in warm regions/during the summer (I've been on mountains high enough to have a few feet of snow on them during July), but I don't think that shield volcanoes normally get high enough for that.

Also if we're going with the idea of there being 5 gods, maybe 4 are the Tapu Kokos and the final one is the box legendary

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Y'know how there's the part Ice Alolan Ninetales and Sandshrew, and they were revealed in what appears to be snow capped mountains? How is there a snowy area in Alola? It's based on a group of tropical islands. I understand that mountains can have snow on them, even in warm regions/during the summer (I've been on mountains high enough to have a few feet of snow on them during July), but I don't think that shield volcanoes normally get high enough for that.

Also if we're going with the idea of there being 5 gods, maybe 4 are the Tapu Kokos and the final one is the box legendary

I don't think the Tapu are Gods. Just Guardians. They are just based on the gods as Tikis are usually considered guardians of an island.

Lunala and Solgaleo are messengers, but not gods. If they are based on anything, it is probably the 4 mascots of the Rainbow Prophecy from what I have seen. The mascots of the rainbow prophecy are a wolf, lion, dolphin and hawk and they are based on the aspect of the nigh and day cycle. We have a Wolf, Lion and Bat/Hawk like thing. So now we just need a dolphin to probably the games being based on those.

Back