• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk browsers

Years
  • I use Safari for iPod touch. Sometimes it likes to crash on me unexpectedly, but for the most part it cooperates. (as long as I don't go to Facebook, Yahoo, PR YouTube-it does not load those sites properly.)

Years
  • Been back and forth with Chromium and Waterfox here. I like Waterfox a lot, but Chromium is just a lot smoother at some times. But then Chromium pulls a heel turn and stops running scripts I use so Waterfox becomes my browser in shining armor. I have Comodo IceDragon too but...haven't touched it since I got Waterfox.

Years
  • Chrome, it's my baby. I've used it ever since FireFox started crashing when I opened the volume application on my old Inspiron 1525 craptop. It has served me very well. <3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Internet Explorer.

Precision trackpads and touchscreens? Well, if you have them, you kind of are stuck with them on the PC side. Battery life is much nicer, too. (Yeah, I use laptops and tablets.) It's plenty fast and stable, anyway, and I wouldn't want to move away from it, seeing as I have no good reason to switch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've moved to IE11 recently. Seems to be the fastest and most stable browser on windows I've used, although it is not as versatile as Chrome or Firefox. It just works though with no crashing or lag plus it takes up little of the RAM on my computer. Blip.tv doesn't seem to be working on it though.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Does anyone here use extensions?
    I have Adblock+, ghostery, https-everywhere, disconnect, web of trust, greasemonkey, lastpass, lightbeam, user-agent switcher, honey, AD+ element hiding helper, my homepage, and google translate / wiktionary

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I only use ad block plus and colour zilla. I like to keep my browsers as lightweight as possible.

Currently I'm now using a variant of Firefox called Waterfox. It's a 64-bit variant of Firefox that can use more resources and works very well on my Alienware laptop I was given a couple days ago and my HP computer.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think 64-bit browsers aren't exactly something that is very important right now, to be honest. Extensions? Couldn't care less, either.

I just want to have a web browser that does what it's supposed to do, and not much more, if anything. Things get too froofy otherwise.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • The only thing that is holding me back from switching to IE11 is the lack of extensions. Rumors are saying that IE12 will have extension support though, so I'm looking forward to that!

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The only thing that is holding me back from switching to IE11 is the lack of extensions. Rumors are saying that IE12 will have extension support though, so I'm looking forward to that!

Makes me wonder what kind of extension support IE12 will have.

If it ends up supporting NPAPI, oh dear god.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Firefox with Adblock, NoScript, HTTPS-Everywhere, Ghostery, BetterPrivacy, SpeedDial and Youtube Center. I suppose a couple of them are pretty redundant, but I'm just too lazy sort them out.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Google Chrome is my favorite so far.

I used to love Firefox but I find quite ridiculous how sometimes the Firefox system process goes over 9000 for no apparent reason.

Zet

Years
  • I use Chrome. Lightweight, and fast.

I also noticed people using Ghostery. I used to use it until I found out it's owned by an ad company D: I recommend switching to privacy badger.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    Was with chromium because I preferred open source, but then my 1password extension was not working, so I had to switch back to chrome :(

Back