• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk browsers

Years
    Bringing this back.

What browsers do you all use? Chrome? Firefox? Safari?

... IE?

I recently got a new Macbook Air, so I use Safari now n_n

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    It's baack!

Let's talk browsers

I actually did give IE a chance a while back, when I first got my Surface Pro. It really wasn't that bad and I don't even remember why I used to hate it so much, but after a bit I had to switch back to Chrome, I'm just more used to it. Plus my history and all my bookmarks are here. :)

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I've used Firefox primarily since I was about 14~, though I'm starting to use Lunascape more and more. It runs the same engine as FF, but it takes half the resources to run it... and, knock on wood, it has yet to freeze or crash on me. Lately FF has been doing an awful lot of that, especially on youtube.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Was a primary Firefox user, then I dumped it and married Chrome. Been a Chrome user for years now and will never leave it for any other browser.

Years
    I've been a Chrome user since 2011, after switching to it from SeaMonkey. I occasionally use Internet Explorer as well.

Years
    I use Opera, mainly cause of the Speed Dial. And i'm more used to it overall.

I only use IE to test if a problem only occurs on Opera, and it's so slooooooooow for me. I don't have any other browsers cause i just stick to Opera most of the time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I refuse to use IE except for when I have a new computer and I have to use it to download Chrome. Chrome is all I ever use ever since it first came out, it is the best. And then sometimes if I feel like it I'll go out of my way to use Tor, but not very often because it runs really slow on my computer, but my computer is crap anyways.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    I switched back to Firefox until Chrome/Chromium can get hidpi support on Linux (I thought v37 was gonna have it, it's been triaged since like April)
    Though, I have to admit that Firefox on Linux >>> Firefox on Windows
    Plus, it has much better smooth scrolling support, and behaves more nicely in KDE.

For me, Chrome or Firefox. On Linux distros, I don't have IE and Safari (and Opera is dead to me). Instead of something like Konqueror, I'd prefer to stick with my two big favorites.

Years
    I use Firefox on PC I know its a resource hog, but it has great plug ins and best of all its open source.

I use Opera on mobile, but only because it tends to use less data rather than it being the best browser.

I avoid chrome simply as I don't trust Google snooping on me all the time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Initially went with Firefox like all the cool kids, although back in version 2 it had some serious problems with crashes, and version 3 wasn't very responsive. After trying it one day, I preferred Opera until version 11 stripped all functionality from it. For a while I continued to use version 10.67, but as it continued to age and site compatibility dropped, I've been compelled to return to Firefox.

I tried Chrome once but was disgusted at its lack of settings and stuff.

I'm interested in Lunascape, but really can't be bothered.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I use Firefox on PC I know its a resource hog, but it has great plug ins and best of all its open source.

I use Opera on mobile, but only because it tends to use less data rather than it being the best browser.

I avoid chrome simply as I don't trust Google snooping on me all the time.

I guess you don't use Android? Haha.

Anyway, Chrome or Safari for me. I use Safari more now (since I changed to a mac, and Safari on Yosemite is super fast) but some webpages require me to use Chrome since it's not optimised for Safari.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm pretty fond of Safari, but if it's not used on Mac, it doesn't seem to give me the same feel, sadly. If it weren't for that, it would have been the default for each and every one of my computer.

Aside from above, I love Chrome. Have installed it about two years ago, and have never looked back since then. It's optimized, simple, elegant, saves all your browsing data in-cloud (log into your Google account from any computer running Chrome browser, and you're all set), and it doesn't consume much resources, or so I've heard. Before, I was on Firefox, but sadly, something about it just didn't click for me.

On my phones, I run Opera Mini. Just like Chrome, it's fast, simplistic, and so forth. Though, one advantage it has is that it's made in such a way that regardless how much you browse, it wouldn't devour much data at all. This helps, especially when I've got some data-cap.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'm pretty fond of Safari, but if it's not used on Mac, it doesn't seem to give me the same feel, sadly. If it weren't for that, it would have been the default for each and every one of my computer.

Aside from above, I love Chrome. Have installed it about two years ago, and have never looked back since then. It's optimized, simple, elegant, saves all your browsing data in-cloud (log into your Google account from any computer running Chrome browser, and you're all set), and it doesn't consume much resources, or so I've heard. Before, I was on Firefox, but sadly, something about it just didn't click for me.

On my phones, I run Opera Mini. Just like Chrome, it's fast, simplistic, and so forth. Though, one advantage it has is that it's made in such a way that regardless how much you browse, it wouldn't devour much data at all. This helps, especially when I've got some data-cap.

IIRC, Safari on Windows has stopped development. The Mac versions are great though - it's rather speedy and has few hiccups. Apple software isn't that good on Windows anyway. iTunes on Windows is also kinda crap, and don't let me get started on iCloud.

On my iPhone I use Safari, partly also because of iCloud Keychain. On my LG G2 it is Chrome all the way, although I'm quite tempted to try other browsers such as Cheetah.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ah, that sucks. Are older versions still up for download, though, officially?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I used to use Internet Explorer when I first discovered the internet, then dumped it for Firefox and kept alternating between Firefox and Safari until I stuck with Firefox. Then after Firefox kept glitching up on me, I stuck with Chrome ever since.

Back