• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leveling Up?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    Hey guys,

Currently my team is composed of two level 79s, an 80, a 46, 44, and 50. I decided to switch up my team, so I have a fair amount of lower level pokemon in my party now. I've already beaten the Elite Four, but when I went to face them again, I found them quite difficult, and that I couldn't efficiently run through them for experience.

So, how should I go about leveling my pokemon? Primarily I want to get my lower levels caught up to my main three. I've been utilizing the battle buffet, but I don't want to be resetting my 3DS's time to do it multiple times!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    You can try either Poni Plains or Poni Gauntlet. Using the Lucky Egg, you can get a sizable amount of exp from the lvl56-59 wild pokemon. I was getting around 1-2k exp even at ~lvl70 so it should be good.

Or you can just run through the elite four as far as you can, white out, and keep on doing that. Just make sure you've bought all your healing items first.

If I don't feel like going through the E4 again (or in your case, it's a bit tedious since you're reworking your team) then run around in Poni Gauntlet defeating everything in sight. Lucky Egg should help a lot since you're already post game and can get it. A little harder to level up in these games due to lack of rebattling so you'll have to get used to Gumshoos, Pelipper and etc since you'll be running into them often here. ):

Years
    Another thing you can try is the once-a-day Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City's mall. In the post-game the trainers there have Lv55 Pokemon that give a sizable amount of EXP. Just make sure you have a Pokemon capable of easily taking out their Pokemon and you should be able to get EXP pouring in.

Also as the others suggested, there's fighting the wild Pokemon at Poni Plains.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    BUMP:

I wondering the same thing soo are there any other suggestions anybody has?

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    The problem with the new team you're using, is the lack of EV's they have. Your core team leveled up slowly during the course of the story, which means it battle more pokemon (And gained more EV's) than your new team.

If you wan't to use them try using at least 5 vitamins (Which gives 10 ev's) to strengthen them, I find that that most pokemon receive at least 50 ev's for their team in most of their stats if they level thru the story.

Edit
    Also try giving all of your Pokes a lucky egg... with exp share on you should net around 2-3k exp when fainting lvl 50 wild pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back