• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    It's a thread for gay/bi/lesbian/transexual/intersexual/pansexual/asexual/plant people to talk about issues concering all things related to the GBLTIPAP peoples.

That's what kind of thread this is.

Or LGBT for short. Hence the title.

Plant people? I assume that's a reference to the word asexual, but plant people? You mean, like Triffids? o.O

*cue disturbing mental image of plants getting it awn*

Years
    It's a thread for gay/bi/lesbian/transexual/intersexual/pansexual/asexual/plant people to talk about issues concering all things related to the GBLTIPAP peoples.
    What a mouthful.

Wouldn't 'queer' be a lot simpler than trying to name everything? It's a pretty all-encompassing, inclusive word. It could even include plant people.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    IMO, and not knocking anyone who is, bisexuals just havn't decided whether or not to be Gay or Straight. They almost always prefer one sex to the other and should they ever end up in a relationship/marriage, what does that make them? I'm aware that being bi means your sexually atrracted to both sexes, but if you meet a couple (male & male) and one of them tells you they're bi, that wouldn't confuse you? To me, bisexual is a title for those who are sexually confused and havn't decided what they like more.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Well us bisexuals might be "sexually confused" but just because we get married to one sex doesnt mean when we divorce that sex we are gonna go find someone of the same sex again. We might go for the opposite sex and we might be bisexual all our lives.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I understand that, but what I don't get is how someone in a relationship, or who is married, can still refer to themselves as being bisexuals when, clearly, they're with one or the other.

Uke

Was .little monster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I understand that, but what I don't get is how someone in a relationship, or who is married, can still refer to themselves as being bisexuals when, clearly, they're with one or the other.
    Um, what?

Are you high or something?

Just because they like both sexes that doesn't mean they are going to cheat on someone they love. If they are in a committed relationship they will just be with that one person. Which obviously means only that one sex. It doesn't turn off any attractions towards the other sex, you just don't act on them.

If a straight guy is in a relationship with a girl, does that mean all other girls instantly become unattractive? Is he only attracted to that one person, on the entire planet? No. But you're saying it does.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021

Ok I can see where your coming from and I respect that. I'm bisexual and if I was in love with a male and got married to them doesnt mean I dont still like girls. If I got divorced from that male I might go out and look for another male or I might look for a female. It doesnt matter because I like both sexes.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    But that doesn't really make sense...

Being attracted to both sexes does not change when you're with somebody.

And they aren't confused either. If you're sexually attracted to both sexes you can't "decide" which one you're attracted to. That's ridiculous.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    But I prefer girls by far.

Yeah, bisexual seems to fit the bill quite nicely.
    You know there is actually a scale of this kind of thing?

0 - Completely Heterosexual
    1 - Perfers Opposite Sex, but with a hint of Homosexual
    2 - Perfers Opposite Sex, but more than just a hint of Homosexual.
    3 - Equally attracted to both sexes
    4 - Perfers Same Sex, but more than just a hint of Heterosexual
    5 - Perfers Same Sex, but just a hint of Heterosexual
    6 - Completely Homosexual

awesome :D

I'd say you were a 1, or a 2.

IMO, and not knocking anyone who is, bisexuals just havn't decided whether or not to be Gay or Straight. They almost always prefer one sex to the other and should they ever end up in a relationship/marriage, what does that make them? I'm aware that being bi means your sexually atrracted to both sexes, but if you meet a couple (male & male) and one of them tells you they're bi, that wouldn't confuse you? To me, bisexual is a title for those who are sexually confused and havn't decided what they like more.

People can be physically attracted to both genders. D:
    Just like the scale I just showed, there are always preferations. Rarely will one be attracted to both genders equally.

it kinda bothers me when people say:
    "Oh yeah, he's bisexual"
    "BUT HE'S MARRIED TO A WOMAN!"

....heke? what?

So no, it wouldn't confuse me.
    it would make perfect sense for me to see a gay couple with one or both attracted to the other gender aswell.

:3

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Yeah, bisexual seems to fit the bill quite nicely.
    You know there is actually a scale of this kind of thing?

0 - Completely Heterosexual
    1 - Perfers Opposite Sex, but with a hint of Homosexual
    2 - Perfers Opposite Sex, but more than just a hint of Homosexual.
    3 - Equally attracted to both sexes
    4 - Perfers Same Sex, but more than just a hint of Heterosexual
    5 - Perfers Same Sex, but just a hint of Heterosexual
    6 - Completely Homosexual

awesome :D

I'd say you were a 1, or a 2.

People can be physically attracted to both genders. D:
    Just like the scale I just showed, there are always preferations. Rarely will one be attracted to both genders equally.

it kinda bothers me when people say:
    "Oh yeah, he's bisexual"
    "BUT HE'S MARRIED TO A WOMAN!"

....heke? what?

So no, it wouldn't confuse me.
    it would make perfect sense for me to see a gay couple with one or both attracted to the other gender aswell.

:3

I'm a 4 but currently in an opposite-sex relationship with a fellow bisexual.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'd have to go with a 6, I've never been attracted to a female, at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back