• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Did you even read my post?

Plenty of straights get killed by angry gays for being straight. An outcast will come to school and search out the person who outcasted them. They'll see somebody identified as straight, and kill them.

Most of the time they're innocent. So yes, straights do get killed for being straight.
    News source. I don't think I've really heard of this happening.

Well, you do choose. Just like you choose to be straight.

I don't believe in that "love at first sight" stuff. I can understand attraction or lust, but when it all comes down to it, you're making a choice. Those gay jerks at my school pressure kids to change sexuality's all the time, but they don't because they choose to be straight. Just like the bullies choose to be gay.

It may be a matter of opinion on my part, but you're brain can't see one person and process:

"OMG, I LOVE THAT PERSON, I'M TOTALLY INTO _____'S NOW!"

It doesn't work that way, though I do sympathize with you.

lol you obviously don't get it, because you're not gay. ):

Closing Statements: I understand the point here, but there's not a really big need for this. LGBT folks aren't being lynched or anything, and you've got your forums, groups, literature, and many other things previously unheard of. Hell, I remember calling my friend "gay"(as he was acting rather gay), and I was heard by my school's LGBT group, who harassed me for a week after that. It may not be like that everywhere, but God forbid if I said anything back, as I bet I'd have been suspended for harassment if I did. Again, I doubt it's like this everywhere, but as with race, there is a growing double standard against majority peoples(whites, straights)that forces us to hold our tongue within the constraints of poltical correctness. That kind of hypocricy, I can't stand for. Under the US Constitution, everybody has equal right to say whatever the hell they want about anyone else at any time. I personally hate political correctness. It keeps us from making rebuttals against black hatred of whites(based on crimes generally over 150 years old), and I feel it may prove true between straights and LGBTs.
    ..what?
    Maybe not so much in the USA but..:x

If your so sure you're born a certain sexuality, and that my argument is so ridiculous, why don't you prove it?
    Because so many people would prefer to be straight and not discriminated against...? D:
    I know I didn't choose to be gay. I can't prove that you, all you have is my testimony. Well, my testimony and the testimonies of other homosexuals who say it's not a choice.
    I wonder who would know more: the person experiencing it, or an outside observer? xP

That's my point. Nobody has been killed for being gay either, at least in this decade.

You're kidding, right?
    There are several dozen third world countries where it's a crime punishable by death for being a homosexual. Case in point: Jamaica.

Before you make these claims, please do a little research :)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • You know, Greece has a VERY funny aspect of gay people. I'm not going to detatch it here, though.

Oh, me? I'm straight. To the bone. I don't mind gay people around me, as I have the belief of everyone being what they want. Just don't come asking me on a date or a kinky chit-chat if you know that a 'NO GO AWAY' is coming. I have met people that are gay irl, and, at least in my country, they're too shy to go in the open. Imo England would be the best country for open gays (isn't it already?).

I don't see someone call someone else 'gay' as an insult anymore, though. Even though I used to, and even though most people around me consider it so.
    However, the fact that I'm straight doesn't originate from the fact that I'm Greek, orthodox christian or on a strict family and school environment. I'm fascinated by women, and I'm competitive with men. Is it hormones? maybe. I'm pretty confident with myself, with the thought that being straight is the coolest. And seriously, I don't care if you disagree with that. Everyone can go feel the coolest if they want.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I can't make up my mind, so I just sit on the fence! :D

I'm thinking of starting a straight club or something because there's a gblt one and I think it's wrong to leave people out.
    What the bloody hell would you even talk about? "OMFG I LIKE BEWBES NOM NOM ROFL!1"

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    well , im gay.
    sometimes i hate myself for it and other times i love what i am . (:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I'm bi but haven't come out at all to my family or friends because I know about the stick that would come with it. Nothing major, but I know they would think that little bit differently about me.

I do have friends who are gay and lesbian but I don't know anyone else who is bi and sometimes get scared of what might happen if I were to 'come out'.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I'm all lesbian over here. I am in a sturdy relationship with the girl I am head over heels for, and I'm not ashamed or afraid to talk about it or be myself.

I do have a lot of straight friends, though. Actually, more straight friends than gay friends. >.< But, they're all fine with me being with who I want to be and being open about who I am. Same for my family... although I think sometimes my aunt and uncle forget since I don't really talk to them about it. But my sisters and mom know, and that's most important to me since I live with them.

Years
  • I've noticed how some people think others are too young to determine their own sexuality (?). Well, I'm 14 and I know I'm bisexual. I have always liked girls and I've always liked boys, its just the way I am. I'm not naive, and I know who I am and the things I know about myself, and I don't use this for my attention, because frankly, I'm just concerned about my parents thoughts. I came out to all of my friends and my siblings, but not my parents. Anyways, my point is that I can date both genders and be attracted to them, and sex with either gender does not repulse me, as Anxiety said. And no, I do not plan on having sex anytime soon.

Also, the only person I would use my sexuality for attention is if it were a boy that I liked and were trying to go out with, just so they would know where I stand. (assuming most girls I know are straight or bi)

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I don't think anyone is ever too young to say if they think a girl is cute or a boy is cute. And we all know ourselves better than anyone else, right? I knew I liked girls (or at least thought they were cute) when I was 13 and I'm 21 now. That still hasn't changed.. So who is to say someone is too young for being who they are? :s

The Red Chain

Gotta love them pans with their metal and yeah.

Jokes aside I'm completely blind to gender.
    I love someone for who they are, not for the "junk" they have. <3
    My family doesn't mind and my straight friends are pretty cool with it.
    Then again most of my friends are bisexual. :3

I dunno, I've honestly never been disliked or discriminated for being pansexual as far as I know.
    Guess I'm one of the lucky ones...

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • I've noticed how some people think others are too young to determine their own sexuality (?).
    I'm 17 and have not yet determined. I have yet to be attracted to either gender.

All I can say is that I'm as straight as a curve. A squiggly line, I mean. Sorta. But I don't go for the same sex.

Riddles are fun. :D
    When the second order derivative of a graph equals zero, the line/curve is straight at that point.
    sin(x) is a good squiggly line, and the second derivative of that is -sin(x). So, at the almost-instant point where -sin(x) equals 0, you're straight. Most of the time, you're not.
    ...Though that's not what you meant at all, is it?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I've known I like people whoever they are since I was about 11 and there was a girl I liked, but by then I already had been taught that "girl + boy = relationship" and thought I was a bit strange.

Since then, I've matured and realised that I'm normal. I just like both sides.

Years
  • I am bisexual, though I have never had a serious relationship with a boy. I have been attracted to some guys, and of course a lot of girls, but in general, both sexes are fine for me. I see them both as cute, and will give both affection. I am definitely not gender-blind, though.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Wtf is pansexual or omnisexual? Is there a whatasexual too? Geeze, I thought there was just bisexual, heterosexual, and homosexual.

My head hurts.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Point #1: I'm straight. Just want to make sure there is no misconceptions on that. No part of me is bi, as I find the idea of sleeping even in the same bed with another guy repulsive(though if you like that, go on ahead).

Hm, good opening Disclaimer. But, what could this possibly be for? :O

Point #2: Now, I'm not saying all LGBT folks out there need to shut up and hide away, especially considering anyone knows that ain't happening anytime soon. But, I am not an advocate for gay marriage. I don't know what the problem with unification ceremonies(I honestly don't know what they're being called right now)is. You can still call it whatever you want elsewhere. I don't see why the definition of marriage needs to be changed, when these ceremonies usually result in the same rights as straight marriages.

it's not changing the definition of marriage. it's what marriage is. here;

Marriage is definied by Dictionary. com as:
    the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanyingsocial festivities: to officiate at a marriage.

Just to give you a source definition rather than my own.
    What I ask you, is, what's the problem with having marriage? Why does it have to be unifacation or whatever ceremonies? why not marriage?

Point #3: I'd very much prefer not to have the argument that "everybody straight is really at least X% bi", because that's just plain wrong. I can usually tell if someone is gay, bi, or straight based on how they dress, talk, and act. I know that at least most of my straight friends are really straight. Not trying to be discriminatory, as much as it may sound like I am, but once you get good at it it's usually easier to spot differences(and I'm usually right with my observations, which I honestly find surprising).

Well, some people say that everyone Straight as a little bit of gay in them, and everyone who's gay has a little bit of straight in them. Whether you do or don't want some penis on the side isn't my concern.

Basing people of how they dress, talk, or act is basically what it boils down to, is descriminatory. Not to say everyone has thier own pre-descriminatory thoughts about that they think of people without actually knowing them.

Like, fat people are slobs, or Blondes or stupid.
    That kind of pre-descriminatory.

And I'm not saying there isn't flambuoyant steryotype gay guys, or butch steryotype lesbians. There is, in case you were worried.
    But there are Gay people who can function in actual society with thier masculity/femininity intact, and aren't just the other gender to the extreme in disguise.

Point #4: Not a fan of removing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy from the US military. Regardless of if you are openly LGBT, at any workplace, that is not where you express it. I wouldn't. Most people don't. It should be no different in our military.

The reason Don't ask/Don't tell is to represh homosexuality in the military. think about it, do you see any straight people being discharged because of this rule? No. You don't.

Closing Statements: I understand the point here, but there's not a really big need for this. LGBT folks aren't being lynched or anything, and you've got your forums, groups, literature, and many other things previously unheard of. Hell, I remember calling my friend "gay"(as he was acting rather gay), and I was heard by my school's LGBT group, who harassed me for a week after that. It may not be like that everywhere, but God forbid if I said anything back, as I bet I'd have been suspended for harassment if I did. Again, I doubt it's like this everywhere, but as with race, there is a growing double standard against majority peoples(whites, straights)that forces us to hold our tongue within the constraints of poltical correctness. That kind of hypocricy, I can't stand for. Under the US Constitution, everybody has equal right to say whatever the hell they want about anyone else at any time. I personally hate political correctness. It keeps us from making rebuttals against black hatred of whites(based on crimes generally over 150 years old), and I feel it may prove true between straights and LGBTs.

You do make a point here. There is extremist things in both areas, whether it be prejudice, or anti-prejudice. You have the right to say what you damn well please, but it's your own fault for percieving gay people as steryotypes in the first place.

But with race and eveything, like "Oh, if a white person says the n word, they're a racist, but if a black person does, it's perfectly acceptable."
    That is bs.

Political correctness can go kill itself.

I will say no more on this matter, as I am sure the result will be the same as the Debate Section on Serebii(I got my *** flamed off for expressing my beliefs). I'm not forcing anything onto anyone, but I do ask at the bare minimum that you consider what I've said.

Oh, happy day for you! I've fully consitered your post! :D

Comments are in red.

Hi, my name is Mike and I like bears. You know... BEARS!

Hmm, let's see... You're gay for pay?

You are just excellent. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back