• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The amount of estrogen or testosterom in ones body does not effect anybody's sexual preferences. I know, I asked it in Health class awhile ago. XD Case and point: I have 3 older brothers and not one of us is gay.

I did not say you change at the drop of the hat. I said gradually through changes a decisions on your part, you become straight, or gay, or bisexual.

'Yeah, I once asked a question about sexual orientation in high school. I assume that's enough justification to make ridiculous generalizations and stand by them.'

Sorry, but if you're gonna try having a debate, at least have some idea of what you're talking about.

Years
    -_-

My Health teacher is highly educated on the subject, just, you know, putting that out there.

If your so sure you're born a certain sexuality, and that my argument is so ridiculous, why don't you prove it?

I have nothing against you guys and I'm not calling you out, which none of you seem to get, but I want proof that you are born gay and it isn't a choice, subconcious or no.

EDIT:
    God loves the gays, he just doesn't particularly care for buttsecks. >_>

I'm sorry in advance to any offended, but I lol'd.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    My two cents on the religious aspect of this debate: The Bible (or at least the Catholic study Bible I used when I was younger) never says that being homosexual is an affront to God. It's a natural anomaly present in all species of animals. The codes of Leviticus describe homsoexual sex acts as an affront to God. God loves the gays, he just doesn't particularly care for buttsecks. >_>

As long as homosexuals are lifelong celibates, they're not breaking the codes of leviticus. Not that hard, but then again, I'm possibly asexual like I stated before, so easy to me might not be easy for the majority of people. XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    That's my point. Nobody has been killed for being gay either, at least in this decade.

Where the hell have you been living? People are beaten to death every single day for being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trans-gender and that's just in the U.S. Half of the world's countries for instance make acting on homosexuality illegal and either imprison them or straight-up kill them. :|

Not to mention, in a lot of places such as Singapore and the Gaza Strip, homosexuality is only illegal if you're a male. But if two females love each other it's completely legal.

I hate people.

It wasn't even legal nationwide in the US until 2003.

I am gay, yeah.

-_-

My Health teacher is highly educated on the subject, just, you know, putting that out there.

If your so sure you're born a certain sexuality, and that my argument is so ridiculous, why don't you prove it?

I have nothing against you guys and I'm not calling you out, which none of you seem to get, but I want proof that you are born gay and it isn't a choice, subconcious or no.

EDIT:

I'm sorry in advance to any offended, but I lol'd.

Please, explain to me. How does homosexuality occur in other mammals? Such as Giraffes, which are known for being more homosexual than heterosexual. We are the only animal on the planet that has consciousness and can "choose." So, if other animals cant choose, but homosexuality is a choice, how do they choose to be homosexual if they cant choose?

The theory that homosexuality is a choice contradicts itself and therefore is complete bs.

Last edited:
    Years
    Where the hell have you been living? People are beaten to death every single day for being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trans-gender and that's just in the U.S. Half of the world's countries for instance make acting on homosexuality illegal and either imprison them or straight-up kill them. :|

It wasn't even legal nationwide in the US until 2003.

I am gay, yeah.

Please, explain to me. How does homosexuality occur in other mammals? Such as Giraffes, which are known for being more homosexual than heterosexual. We are the only animal on the planet that has consciousness and can "choose." So, if other animals cant choose, but homosexuality is a choice, how do they choose to be homosexual if they cant choose?

The theory that homosexuality is a choice contradicts itself and therefore is complete bs.

No. Maybe I should have been more specific and said homosexuality is a choice for humans. Animals aren't born homosexual either, but I'm not going to go into what goes on in their minds, becuase I don't even have an idea of how to approach that subject.

OK, I may have been wrong on the status of homosexuals, and I'll admit to that.

Nobody seems to want to see it my way here, so I'll just drop it. I really have spun out of control in this thread, and I apologize for that. On a side note, I know I've angered some people when I'm getting hate messages on my visitor board.

I will say though that I was particularly tired last night, but that's not a real excuse. I don't have anything wrong with gays (About the 5th time I've said it in this thread), and I'm neutral on the status of Gay Marriage.

So, uh, I'll just leave this thread alone.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No. Maybe I should have been more specific and said homosexuality is a choice for humans. Animals aren't born homosexual either, but I'm not going to go into what goes on in their minds, becuase I don't even have an idea of how to approach that subject.

Nobody seems to want to see it my way here, so I'll just drop it. I really have spun out of control in this thread, and I apologize for that. On a side note, I know I've angered some people when I'm getting hate messages on my visitor board.

I will say though that I was particularly tired last night, but that's not a real excuse. I don't have anything wrong with gays (About the 5th time I've said it in this thread), and I'm neutral on the status of Gay Marriage.

That first statement also contradicts the theory that it's a choice.

People who believe it's a choice, are either misinformed or complete idiots. And I am an idiot, when I call other people idiots, it means you're truly an idiot.

And no, I am not calling you in particular an idiot, as it seems that your views are not completely concrete in your own mind.

Anyway, I shall leave now too before I make it worse.

Years
    If you're looking for a trans you've found one... >_<

I love you♥ (:

I edited the first post cuz idk what I was rly saying.. lol

Point #1: I'm straight. Just want to make sure there is no misconceptions on that. No part of me is bi, as I find the idea of sleeping even in the same bed with another guy repulsive(though if you like that, go on ahead).

Point #2: Now, I'm not saying all LGBT folks out there need to shut up and hide away, especially considering anyone knows that ain't happening anytime soon. But, I am not an advocate for gay marriage. I don't know what the problem with unification ceremonies(I honestly don't know what they're being called right now)is. You can still call it whatever you want elsewhere. I don't see why the definition of marriage needs to be changed, when these ceremonies usually result in the same rights as straight marriages.

Point #3: I'd very much prefer not to have the argument that "everybody straight is really at least X% bi", because that's just plain wrong. I can usually tell if someone is gay, bi, or straight based on how they dress, talk, and act. I know that at least most of my straight friends are really straight. Not trying to be discriminatory, as much as it may sound like I am, but once you get good at it it's usually easier to spot differences(and I'm usually right with my observations, which I honestly find surprising).

Point #4: Not a fan of removing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy from the US military. Regardless of if you are openly LGBT, at any workplace, that is not where you express it. I wouldn't. Most people don't. It should be no different in our military.

Closing Statements: I understand the point here, but there's not a really big need for this. LGBT folks aren't being lynched or anything, and you've got your forums, groups, literature, and many other things previously unheard of. Hell, I remember calling my friend "gay"(as he was acting rather gay), and I was heard by my school's LGBT group, who harassed me for a week after that. It may not be like that everywhere, but God forbid if I said anything back, as I bet I'd have been suspended for harassment if I did. Again, I doubt it's like this everywhere, but as with race, there is a growing double standard against majority peoples(whites, straights)that forces us to hold our tongue within the constraints of poltical correctness. That kind of hypocricy, I can't stand for. Under the US Constitution, everybody has equal right to say whatever the hell they want about anyone else at any time. I personally hate political correctness. It keeps us from making rebuttals against black hatred of whites(based on crimes generally over 150 years old), and I feel it may prove true between straights and LGBTs.

I will say no more on this matter, as I am sure the result will be the same as the Debate Section on Serebii(I got my *** flamed off for expressing my beliefs). I'm not forcing anything onto anyone, but I do ask at the bare minimum that you consider what I've said.

A problem is, that the rights given to gays in these "ceremonies" aren't nearly as many as marriage. For one, you can't even legally visit your partner when he/she is dying on a hospital bed. You don't get that right. Why gays want marriage also is because, the Bible (in my opinion) wasn't written by Jesus, it doesn't decide what people do, because those are people telling their stories. Yes, God created gays as well as straights (if you believe in Him) but why would a gay go to Hell b/c God made him/her that way?

Also, like a Swedish comedian once said "We're all bisexual at heart" (I think that's it)

So, I think maybe what you're trying to say (don't kill me if I'm wrong) is that we choose we're gay because we choose that label. While we do that, our attractions are what they are, b/c our hearts love whoever they do. What I like about being omnisexual(pansexual) is that you don't choose anything your heart wants (which can also be bad). I admit, I like girls, I like guys. I call people hot, but in the end it's about looks. ANYWAYS back to Objection, you don't choose to be attracted to anybody, you choose to accept it.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm none, I'm strait. Not that I have any issues with Gay/Lesbian people. I have a Bisexual friend... or so he says. xD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Gay and been through the birth vs. choice debate with far bigger fish than Objection, etc., so I'm not going to get into it on PokeCommunity of all places. Looks trollish anyway.

There are a surprisingly large number of gay people around here... it's actually funny sometimes. XD;

I think people who THINK they are gay contributes to this surprisingly large number of gay people around here.
    Half of the people who call themselves gay are most likely just going with the fad and really have no idea what it means to be gay.

Obviously there are genuinely glbt people here, but I've noticed that there are also a significant amount that seem to do it for attention.

xD You may be surprised. There was a poll done once (in our community), and there were officially more LGBT than there were straight people. ,_, Although, perhaps gay people are just more likely to take polls.
    --interestingly enough, there are actually a large number of LGBT people around here. I would argue it's because the percentage of LGBT people all around is actually larger than one may think, and this is the Internet, and an open and tolerant part of it at that. People often turn to social facets of the Internet for reasons of low self-esteem, or bad social life in the real world, among others. So if not at an actual higher percentage, gays and bisexuals are more likely to be active and have an open social life around these parts. ^_^

It could be this, too. Either way I think that sexuality isn't something to be taken lightly or joked around about, and it really does bother me when people with social ineptitude couple this with their thoughts on gay people. (Example is the above poster with the gay friend who randomly shouts "Buttsecks") Or even when people shout "That's so gay."
    And a random thought.. why isn't the word buttsecks censored on here when the four letter word for poo is? And the three letter word for anus is as well?

It also bothers me when people use gay labels for attention. Headers like "LOLOLOL Let's gave a gay touching party!" or other random, ridiculous blog entries, posts, and comments.
    I don't know why it doesn't bother anyone else. You don't see me going around parading about how much I like ripped chests because I'm straight. (LOL I don't, really, but I'm just using that as an example.)

I think a lot of people need to mature about this subject and hopefully this thread will shine some new light on people.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I think people who THINK they are gay contributes to this surprisingly large number of gay people around here.
    Half of the people who call themselves gay are most likely just going with the fad and really have no idea what it means to be gay.

Obviously there are genuinely glbt people here, but I've noticed that there are also a significant amount that seem to do it for attention.
    Totally agree with this. There seems to be a lot of people who just go along with it because it's the cool thing to do, and people who think they're gay, but it really is only a superficial attraction. I've no doubt there are genuinely gay people at this board, but I also think that majority of them are teenagers going through an "experimental" phase or just doing it because it's different.

Anywho, I'm straight and subscribe to the idea that being gay is a choice. The moment you label yourself, you're writing off the entirety of the opposite gender, and that is very much a choice because you're choosing to see romantic possibilities only in members of the same sex and if you're not, then you're bisexual, which, again, is a choice. I've never read any study that has convinced me being gay isn't a choice and I doubt I ever will because it also goes against the fundamentals of human biology and the instinctive need to procreate.

Annnd I also don't think PC is an open community at all because people with thoughts like mine, Kura's, and even Objection!'s are often ostracized for posting them. It's an "open" community if you go with whatever the trend of the moment is and if you don't rock the boat, but that's as far as it goes.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Yes, you can CHOOSE to go out with somebody, but to be sexually attracted to them is an entirely different thing.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't choose who I'm sexually attracted to. Sure would be nice if that were possible because in all honesty I'd rather be of a different sexuality. :o

Years
    Totally agree with this. There seems to be a lot of people who just go along with it because it's the cool thing to do, and people who think they're gay, but it really is only a superficial attraction. I've no doubt there are genuinely gay people at this board, but I also think that majority of them are teenagers going through an "experimental" phase or just doing it because it's different.

Anywho, I'm straight and subscribe to the idea that being gay is a choice. The moment you label yourself, you're writing off the entirety of the opposite gender, and that is very much a choice because you're choosing to see romantic possibilities only in members of the same sex and if you're not, then you're bisexual, which, again, is a choice. I've never read any study that has convinced me being gay isn't a choice and I doubt I ever will because it also goes against the fundamentals of human biology and the instinctive need to procreate.

Annnd I also don't think PC is an open community at all because people with thoughts like mine, Kura's, and even Objection!'s are often ostracized for posting them. It's an "open" community if you go with whatever the trend of the moment is and if you don't rock the boat, but that's as far as it goes.

Just saying, you can't have an opinion that gay people choose to be gay. There's no opinion in that. Gay people don't choose to be that way, end of story. I also doubt that most of the people on here are just saying they're gay cuz it's "cool". Since when is being a social outcast cool?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Just saying, you can't have an opinion that gay people choose to be gay. There's no opinion in that. Gay people don't choose to be that way, end of story. I also doubt that most of the people on here are just saying they're gay cuz it's "cool". Since when is being a social outcast cool?

Because here, on this forum, it's pretty much not a social outcast to be gay.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    My two cents on the religious aspect of this debate: The Bible (or at least the Catholic study Bible I used when I was younger) never says that being homosexual is an affront to God. It's a natural anomaly present in all species of animals. The codes of Leviticus describe homsoexual sex acts as an affront to God. God loves the gays, he just doesn't particularly care for buttsecks. >_>

As long as homosexuals are lifelong celibates, they're not breaking the codes of leviticus. Not that hard, but then again, I'm possibly asexual like I stated before, so easy to me might not be easy for the majority of people. XD

As I have previously mentioned Leviticus also names eating bacon as a sin... pretty hypocritical of Christians who think of homosexuality as an abomination but still love the eggs benedict.

NB: I love eggs benedict!

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I know that there are likely to be people who THINK they're gay but really aren't, but I think you all over exaggerate the amount of said people.

How many people are going to be so influenced by PokeCommunity's "open-ness" to make them think that they might be gay? The topic doesn't even come up too often around here.

It doesn't matter anyway. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and eventually everybody realizes who they're really sexually attracted to... So yeah, no big deal. >_>

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The amount of estrogen or testosterom in ones body does not effect anybody's sexual preferences. I know, I asked it in Health class awhile ago. XD
    Estrogen makes the fetus more effeminate. I don't know how that doesn't affect sexuality while the baby is still developing.
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/Pregnancy/3641

Case and point: I have 3 older brothers and not one of us is gay.
    The chances of being gay are just higher with every male baby, there isn't any guarantee.

I did not say you change at the drop of the hat. I said gradually through changes a decisions on your part, you become straight, or gay, or bisexual.

I'll have to disagree if you think that's the largest role. And I have yet to meet one person who keeps switching between sexuality.

I would suggest you just use Google, but I found a good site.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/search?src=hw&site_area=sci&fulltext=homosexuality&x=0&y=0

There you go, I think you'd trust what the scientists say over some random user.

Years
    None, I'm straight but I have dated two guys in the past who we're both bisexual...or so they said..

I also have friends who are gay/bi. As long as my friends and others are happy with their sexuality then I am too. It shouldn't matter what other's say as long as you are happy and confortable with your own sexuality that's all that should matter. People shouldn't discriminate against anyone be it their sexuality, colour of their skin etc. We're all human.

Years
    I look forward to the day when people understand that it shouldn't matter if someone can or can't choose to be straight, gay or anything else. Who cares if it's a choice or not? The whole argument about it being a choice/not-a-choice seems to imply that if it is a choice people are wrong for making it and that if it isn't a choice you shouldn't blame people for their "unfortunate" condition. It's stupid.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years

I agree. I am bi, because I honestly feel comfortable dating both genders, and the idea of sex with either one doesn't scare me. (Not that I'm planning to have sex any time soon), also, the kind of attention I get isnt the kind I'd like. I get beat up and constantly teased because I'm bi.

But I do know loads of people that are like 'I'm gay. I'm so gay, I can't tell anyone because blah blah blah' when it's like 'No, you're not gay, you like the attention it gets you, but would you honestly have sex/kiss/marry someone of the same sex?' and most the time they're confusing a good friendship with love/a crush.

I've noticed that alot of these people are rather young aswell. Younger than 16 usually.

And finally, you can't choose your sexuality. I would much rather be straight in my area, I'm tired of being beaten up. It's not like I can help it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back