• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Me neither, I don't think I'll be seeing the movie. Not because it sucks or anything, but just because they have other movies I'd rather go watch. But the cast of Noah sure is great :3

Emma Watson ♥

Years
Username: AoTora
Favorite movie(s): The diary of a mad black woman, Dragon's heart, Vampire Academy, The proposal, Bad Santa, Home Alone 1, 2 and 3, Step dogs, Snow dogs, Call of the wild... There are so many :o

Answer a topic:

~ How often do you watch movies? Depends on my mood - each day, each week... If I feel sad or angry I'd cheer myself up with comedy.
~ What are you favorite movie genre(s)? Comedy and Fantasy :3
~ What are some of your favorite moment in movies? Whenever there comes a twist in the movie is my favourite moment :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Username: -DeepImpact-

Favorite movie(s): Well, there are lots. Fight Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Pulp Fiction, LotR, and the original Star Wars trilogy (A New Hope|Empire Strikes Back|Return of the Jedi), L.A. Confidential.

What are you favorite movie genre(s)?: Well, I don't exactly have a favorite movie genre, tbh. I just look at a movie individually. But I guess you could say I love comedies (both dark and slapstick) and detective noir movies a lot.

I'm really looking forward to Noah. Darren Aronofsky is a great director and I loved how freaky Black Swan was and how it dealt with corruption. Looks like Noah could be just as complex as Black Swan was. Also I'm more looking forward to Russell Crowe as Noah rather than Emma Watson haha.

One thing I know about Noah is that is the most recent Biblical movie. I am undecided if I am going to see it or not

I don't think it's a Biblical movie in the traditional sense. It doesn't stick to its source material and one thing I know is that it left Christian audiences pretty pissed during some test screenings. So this could be a spin on the original Noah story.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Deepy! Anyway, going to kick-off a new topic for you all. Hope you all answer! :) If you were given the chance, which movie(s) would you have your favorite actors and actresses in? What role would they play?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I always thought that the Drake games for PS3 could be made into cool movies!
The games are already pretty cinematic, have good action scenes and funny moments as well.

As for a cast, definitely Nathan Fillion as Drake and maybe Sean Connery as his mentor

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
James Franco would be very hard to believe as Altair imo.

Also Nathan Fillion is an excellent choice as Nathan Drake, but Sean Connery wouldn't fit as Sully. Maybe somebody like Bruce Campbell would be a better fit.

Now with the Last of Us movie upcoming somebody like Hugh Jackman, after seeing his work in Prisoners, would be a great pick for Joel.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Username: kuzronk
Favorite movie(s): A Clockwork Orange
What are some movies you're looking forward to watching?:Seven Samurai

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Just updated the club post with a brand new trailer! Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theatres this Friday. :D Anyone planning on seeing it? I am, because hnnggg Chris Evans <3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm planning on seeing Captain America! I actually didn't like the first one (Except Hugo Weaving - he's still awesome as a villain) but I have only heard good things about this one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I will definitely watch The Winter Soldier at some point. :] Haven't seen The First Avenger yet, though, so once I'm done with that one, I'll give this a go.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually have 2 free movie tickets to watch ANY movies since me and my girlfriend watched 10 movies haha. And we're planning on using them for Captain America: The Winter Soldier :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've seen The First Avenger as well as the The Avengers movie. I am planning to go see The Winter Soldier this weekend as well with my sister. We're actually going to do a double movie weekend, seeing that movie, as well as Divergent. :) Gonna be fun ^__^

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I am definitely going to watch the Winter Soldier. My roommate went on premiere day and told me it was great!
I found the first one to be ok, so hoping this one is better :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My partner got me a ticket for my birthday and we haven't used it yet so we'll likely see Winter Soldier with it ;)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Just came back after watching The Winter Soldier and I definitely recommend it! The best Marvel movie since Avengers, no doubt. It had some pretty cool action scenes, and a good enough story and some exciting hints at future movies too!

Anybody going to watch it, make sure you stay and watch a scene that comes around midway through the credits.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I haven't watched it myself but ofc! That's a signature thing that Marvel ALWAYS does :P

The post-credit little special :P

Back