• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Seed bby and Lilligant is the ultimate B/W Pokemon. Much better than other B/W grass types like Deerling.

Nonsense, the coolest grass type this gen is Whimsicott. :D It's so cool... and fast. >:D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The best grass type... yeah, it'd be Petilil. :x

SNIVY DOES NOT COMPARE.

(Plus I can't remember many grass types off the top of my head)

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Nonsense, the coolest grass type this gen is Whimsicott. :D It's so cool... and fast. >:D
    My favourite grass type of this gen :)
    Not to mention it's cool ability!

It still works in Trick Room!!
    Mua ha ha ha

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I dislike the Gothitelle line of pokemon, and the weird mushroom with a pokeball. And the garbage pokemon thing. I like Serperior, Stoutland, Krookodile, and Beartic so far are my favorites

Years
  • All of them are UGLY.

Seems to me like Gamefreak is running out of ideas?

All of them are UGLY.

Seems to me like Gamefreak is running out of ideas?

Last edited:

j2y8n2x

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I dislike the Gothitelle line of pokemon, and the weird mushroom with a pokeball. And the garbage pokemon thing. I like Serperior, Stoutland, Krookodile, and Beartic so far are my favorites
    Hey I love Gothitelle's design.
    But it's stats are... :(

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • conkeldurr.jpg

Behold, the only Pokemon line that has yet to grow on me. I used to think Machop/Machamp/Machoke were bad...

Thank you! I have been trying to find someone else who doesn't like this pokemon. I don't like it at all. It is one of my least favorites of this generation.

j2y8n2x

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011

It stats are actually quite decent...it might be a good member on a UU team too because of them ;)
    but it's not fast enough for non-trick room and not slow enough for trick room.
    It;s just in the middle, doing nothing.

It's not a tank neither.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • After playing Black for a while, I've found most of the generation alright.

Though...
    Have these grown on anyone?

538_throh_front_norm.png

539_sawk_front_norm.png

They certainly haven't grown on me...

j2y8n2x

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    After playing Black for a while, I've found most of the generation alright.

Though...
    Have these grown on anyone?

538_throh_front_norm.png

539_sawk_front_norm.png

They certainly haven't grown on me...
    I hate them.
    They are more or less the same thing, but they call it 2 species, and they aren't even in the same evolution line.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I hate them.
    They are more or less the same thing, but they call it 2 species, and they aren't even in the same evolution line.

Exactly.
    They don't even seem Pokemon-like.

I do think they've made a great start with the Starters though -- much better than Sinnoh's.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I really like Jaroda, Shanderaa, Reparadasu, Tsutaarja, Janoby and Nageki / Dageki. Erufuun is SO SWEET! (Reminds me of Jumpluff though.) I also like the White exclusive Erufuun counterpart - Petilil's evolution, whatzitcalled.

I REFUSE to call any of them by their English names, though. (LOL, Some legendaries exempt, though.) Sawk? Throh? Seriously, has Nin(cada)Ten(tacool)Do(duo) lost its creativity? Honestly?

tajio

Sugoi~!
    Years
  • All the new gen pokemon look ... ugly. Except a few like Reshiram and Zekrom although they could've done better. The new pokemon's look like those fan made sprites to be honest.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Gear.
    Nuff said...
    I find it ridiculous, as if nintendo was being lazy with it.
    I mean, it's a Gear pokemon, named gear... of ALL things...

I stated about Gear in an earlier post;
    And I totally agree with you.

I thought Magnemite was bad enough, but now we have these stupid metal things, which hardly resemble a Pokemon.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I stated about Gear in an earlier post;
    And I totally agree with you.

I thought Magnemite was bad enough, but now we have these stupid metal things, which hardly resemble a Pokemon.

There's a Pokémon called Trubbish that's made out of bin bags and you're worrying about a pee-poor Magnemite impersonator?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Allt he Gear/Klink hate ;..; I love that pokemon now, especially the shiny. I grew to the, I mean I always liked klink, but now I like them all even klinklang or whatever it is called.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Garbador... ugh. It's trying to be Muk and failing, in my opinion. :<
    I like Vanillite, although I know some people don't. it's cute. Flounderp (or whatever it's called) has kinda grown on me (mainly because I like its shiny sprite.)
    Samurott is very awesome. :)

Back