• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I love all of them. Please remove your nostalgia glasses. >.>

Wait, no. I detest Palpitoad and it's rape-face.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I love all of them. Please remove your nostalgia glasses. >.>

Wait, no. I detest Palpitoad and it's rape-face.

No we can't. It is not something that easy to remove but not that i hate all newer generation pokemon. some of them just way too absurd to be called Pokemon.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    No we can't. It is not something that easy to remove but not that i hate all newer generation pokemon. some of them just way too absurd to be called Pokemon.

Really? They all seem to be based on the same concepts as Pokemon from Gen I. You call it ridiculous, I call it creative. To be honest, it's really a matter of opinion, so I don't think it's fair to say that the designs have been getting worse.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Really? They all seem to be based on the same concepts as Pokemon from Gen I. You call it ridiculous, I call it creative. To be honest, it's really a matter of opinion, so I don't think it's fair to say that the designs have been getting worse.

I notice some generation 5 pokemon have more similarities to gen 1 pokemon, that's why B/W quite refreshing for me. What i call ridiculous is to keep making pokemon that based of inanimate object. If they want to keep making inanimate object Pokemon, would they at least choose more appropriate object? It quite disturb me having an ice cream floating around.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I notice some generation 5 pokemon have more similarities to gen 1 pokemon, that's why B/W quite refreshing for me. What i call ridiculous is to keep making pokemon that based of inanimate object. If they want to keep making inanimate object Pokemon, would they at least choose more appropriate object? It quite disturb me having an ice cream floating around.

Meh, I dunno, Ice Cream is kinda cool. Maybe it's the Ice Cream that's based off the Pokemon. =P

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Meh, I dunno, Ice Cream is kinda cool. Maybe it's the Ice Cream that's based off the Pokemon. =P
    If I see pokemon blatantly based off from food, i can't help but picturing them in my mind, getting casually eaten by peoples. some older pokemon included

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I notice some generation 5 pokemon have more similarities to gen 1 pokemon, that's why B/W quite refreshing for me. What i call ridiculous is to keep making pokemon that based of inanimate object. If they want to keep making inanimate object Pokemon, would they at least choose more appropriate object? It quite disturb me having an ice cream floating around.

What, you don't want a widdle ice cream following you around? :3

LOL that would be an interesting take in the Pokemon World. Poor things must get Licked like crazy, though. And I hope that at least some random Trainer has a Lickilicky paired with a Vanilluxe.

128px-582Vanipeti.png

I think the main things "creeping people out" are those light blue ellipses (the "sclera") that enclose the dark blue ellipses (the "irises") in Vanillite's/Vanipeti's design. I admit, the eyes do look kind of creepy at times. Without the navy blue part being outlined, I think this line would be much cuter simply because of that subtraction. The current design is a cute-quirky one, though. :)

A pizza Pokemon for Generation 6 would be so freaking awesome.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    If I see pokemon blatantly based off from food, i can't help but picturingn them in my mind, getting casually eaten by peoples. some older pokemon included

Other Pokemon are based off animals, which are eaten by people. >:D

But to be honest, it's nice to see more variety in the Pokemon. Just more animals gets boring, so it's nice that we had some variety.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ok I agree wit some people when they say that the pokedex os lacking on some pokemon, and yes it seems they became lazy. but think of it from this point of view. there, what already like 549 pokemon out, at this point its hard to create a pokemon while still remaining true to the "pokemon concept". But below are a few pokemon that stand out to me and I have some comments about!!!

Bouffalant
    Spoiler:

Carracosta
    Spoiler:

Chandelure
    Spoiler:

Conkeldurr
    Spoiler:

Cubchoo
    Spoiler:

Golurk
    Spoiler:

Krookodile
    Spoiler:

Pawniard
    Spoiler:

Sawsbuck
    Spoiler:

Vanillite
    Spoiler:

Tornadus
    Spoiler:

Well thats it for now, Alot of my jokes are corny and dry, but its what I thought of when i seen these pokemon.. hope you enjoyed it...

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    What, you don't want a widdle ice cream following you around? :3

LOL that would be an interesting take in the Pokemon World. Poor things must get Licked like crazy, though. And I hope that at least some random Trainer has a Lickilicky paired with a Vanilluxe.

128px-582Vanipeti.png

I think the main things "creeping people out" are those light blue ellipses (the "sclera") that enclose the dark blue ellipses (the "irises") in Vanillite's/Vanipeti's design. I admit, the eyes do look kind of creepy at times. Without the navy blue part being outlined, I think this line would be much cuter simply because of that subtraction. The current design is a cute-quirky one, though. :)

A pizza Pokemon for Generation 6 would be so freaking awesome.
    Nah, I wuldn't want it to and never be. I used to love all Ice pokemon especially Frosslass but know i at least have 1 ice pokemon that i did not like.
    meh, if they really make a pizza pokemon, i start terrorizing gamefreak right now.
    Other Pokemon are based off animals, which are eaten by people. >:D

But to be honest, it's nice to see more variety in the Pokemon. Just more animals gets boring, so it's nice that we had some variety.

Like Tauros and Milktank i suppose? but at least they need to be cooked to eat them

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Bouffalant
    Spoiler:

Oh, how can you not LOVE Bouffalant?!

He's a buffalo. With an afro. How is that not awesome?!

On the same note, Reuniclus = SO SQUISHY♥ I WANT IT.

They're my favourite of the new gen. Oh, and Pidove, but that's just because I really like pigeons. Move over Pidgey, there's a new pigeon in town!

Years
  • I'm putting off buying Black or White at the moment because of the designs so I just have one question to people who hate the designs but still bought it,

Is the game still brilliant despite them?

I mean hate as in Reshiram and the zebra one are the only good ones.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Golurk

Now in my opinion his name makes no sense.. But how could you not love him, he looks like a a rock'em sock'em robot! Those of us who know what that is you know we just couldn't put them down..
    golurk.png
    Golurk comes from the words "Golem" which it resembles, and "Lurk" meaning to sneak around or lie hidden, referring to it's ghost-type.

Years
  • I think Gen V actually has the best standalone design of any game.

Like, yeah, I grew up with Gen I. But looking back, some of those designs are trash. More trash then Trubbish... whom I actually like. I think it takes a certain creativity to actually make a decent Pokemon out of a trash bag/ice cream.

The only thing I'm truly disappointed in are the three genie/djinn legendaries. They're such a waste of space to me.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • I would disagree with tajio, but the legendary are way better than the old ones plus the new pokemon are cool in a way not ugly, they might look like fakes but they not It's just your not used to the new ones.The new genration is also very cool.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I think Gen V actually has the best standalone design of any game.

Like, yeah, I grew up with Gen I. But looking back, some of those designs are trash. More trash then Trubbish... whom I actually like. I think it takes a certain creativity to actually make a decent Pokemon out of a trash bag/ice cream.

The only thing I'm truly disappointed in are the three genie/djinn legendaries. They're such a waste of space to me.
    Finally, someone whom I can agree with. (Except for the genies, I like them. =P)

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Like: The Pokemon Center. I like how the pokemart is incorporated in to it. I like how the wifi stuff is also easy accessible.

Dislike: When the nurse puts your pokeballs on the tray and it doesn't have the effect where it shows you what pokemon in your party was caught in what ball.

Back