• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Oh, how can you not LOVE Bouffalant?!

He's a buffalo. With an afro. How is that not awesome?!

On the same note, Reuniclus = SO SQUISHY♥ I WANT IT.

They're my favourite of the new gen. Oh, and Pidove, but that's just because I really like pigeons. Move over Pidgey, there's a new pigeon in town!
    I swear Afrobull looks like he just came from a disco. HE LOOKS LIKE DISCO STU! With the afro and the rings, all he needs is a disco ball above him XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2011
    Garbodor...ii strongly dislike that thing.. not even pokemon material.. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I really like most of them, but one that makes my stomach churn with disgust is the gothita line. Ugh, they're horrible, vile looking pokemon! They actually make me feel sick.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    I guess I'll be the only one here defending Cobalion ):
    I actually didn't like him at all at first, but his staunchness and leg cuffies won me over. Plus, blue. <3
    Oh, and love Samurott. Didn't like that one at first either but go fig.
    On another note I really can't stand the genies, Cryogonal or Volcarona, no matter how much I wanna like the fire moth...)':

TurkeyCoctail

so i herd u liek liepardz
    Years
  • Tukey's faves!

My B/W favorites are Sandile, Krookodile and Liepard. They both are very strong and beautiful! I've never used Dark-types, but because of these Pokemon, I will :D
    I love the idea of the Pancake trio (this is my own name of the Pan- elementary monkeys :D) and their cool look.
    I also really like Snivy, Sewaddle and Reuniclus! So cute~
    And I find Tympole and its evolution chain... VERY bizarre, but cute, too.

What I don't like are Oshawott's and Tepig's 3rd evolutions, Samurott and Emboar. Samurott is just an ugly version of Dialga with a horn on its forehead and mustache. Emboar looks just horrible.
    Also, I hate the new Fighting-types. They all look like they are about to kill someone... Sawk and Throh's angry poker faces. Timburr's evil grin. >_> Go look at it.
    And yeah, Gothitelle! What is this... thing? I didn't really expect Nintendo to make a goth Pokemon. It looks terrible. Gardevoir's ugly cousin, pah.

It's not like I rate Pokemon only by how they look. This thread is just about discussing Gen V Pokemon designs, not power xP

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Ugh... now that I've just seen garbodor, I want to be a little bit sick. Just to get rid of this puky feeling in my stomach.

King Gumball

Years
  • Ugh... now that I've just seen garbodor, I want to be a little bit sick. Just to get rid of this puky feeling in my stomach.

Now imagine it hugging you.

I actually start to like Garbador's pre evolution, he looks quite cute tbh. I want one and I won't evolve it. Garbador just has some mouth issues.... I think it is that mouth that turns me from liking it.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • I like most of them- but the ones I dislike are:

-The elemental monkeys

-The fluffy lovebats

-Throh/Sawk: that's some pretty lazy character design for pokemon. Almost as bad as Voltorb/Electrode. But at least those guys had personality.

-The trash. I much prefer Grimer/Muk's nondescript gelatinous blob as opposed to these heaps with hardcore "durrr" faces.

-The gothgirls. At least Gardevoir was pretty.

The ice cream cones. Seriously, they're friggin' ice cream cones.

-The Pokeshrooms. The only thing I like about them are their punny names.

-The gears. I just don't like 'em. Megnemites have cool magnets. And magnetism is science. And science is cool.

King Gumball

Years
  • Oshawott is by far the ugliest PKMN I've saw in B/W. Its nose is what bothered me.
    ;_____________________________;;

Oshatwott? You sure you mean Oshawott? It is like so freaking cute though!! I LOVE it's nose, and its shell, and soft fluffyness, and it's shiny is to die for...

Years
  • The Ice Cream pokemon, I mean, come on Game Freak, Ice Cream??!

I do like the evolutions of Sandile and Excadrill though, they look pretty cool :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

• ;_____________________________;;

Oshatwott? You sure you mean Oshawott? It is like so freaking cute though!! I LOVE it's nose, and its shell, and soft fluffyness, and it's shiny is to die for...

Yes, I'm serious, and I never joke. I just don't like its design. Its evolutions are better though.
    I also hate the rubbish family, Woobat and its evolution, and the gears. (Lack of creativity)

Also, the ice cream PKMN just made me want to stomp them instead of using my PKMN to knock them out.
    Many Generation V PKMN are cool and many Generation V PKMN are ugly. It sure is a weird Generation.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I hated the ice cream Pokemon when they were first released. Now though, they've really grown on me, especially Vanillite (it's rather adorable!) If you ask me, they're tons better than the atrocity that is Garbodor.

Years
  • this is the third generation in a row where the fire starter evolves into something disgusting.
    ok ok blaziken was alright but infernape and this... "thing" called emboar are horrible.
    such a shame, tepig is awesome.
    patrat is irritating. why cant we have a cool generic weak rodent pokemon like sentret.
    and why are there so many pokemon from previous generations that we cant get without "poketransfer" or dreamworld? i long for a pokemon game where you can just straight up get all pokemon. i can understand pokemon specific to different versions of the same generation to encourage trading, but all pokemon should be available within a generation.

other than that i like it

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I find that if it's not cute, it's ugly, for Generation V Pokemon.

There's no mid-way. It's either cute, or hideous.

The shinies also have some weird colourings.

I find there are more ugly Pokemon than cute, though :s It also appears in general, they're running out of ideas.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I actually like Oshawott, even though I hated it at first. But I don't like its minisprite.

I hated it at first as well, but most Pokemon grew on me. About the Garbage, Gears, and ice cream, I like all of them, but maybe I can agree that GF took its creativity to an... odd level.

Sarus

Behind A Gas Mask
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I think the only one that bugs me a bit is the icecream one or that other one that is shaped like a heart. Otherwise, the pokemon this generation are pretty good. Pretty nice having an entirely new set to collect. No pre-evolutions, evolutions, or alternative evolutions of the old one. Can only wonder what Gen 6 will bring to the table with these.

Back