• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • ^ That heart-shaped Pokemon is called Alomomola. It reminded me of Luvdisc and most of us even thought Luvdisc would evolve into it. But we were wrong (darn you, GF).

One of the weirdest B/W Pokemon I have ever seen is Eelektrik, primarily because of its eyes and mouth.

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • Pokemon Reviews

As most of us know there are 156 new pokemon in B&W so I thought I might help out with getting people to know these pokemon a little better. Once a week (Maybe 2 or 3 times) I will Post a Review on a pokemon and just help you know what to do when you catch one, Ya Know?

Today we are starting with... #000 Victini!
    494_victini_front_norm.png

Well if you've already got the Liberty Pass this might be helpful...

It starts off at level 15 with Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, and Endure (sadly you need to wait until later to reteach Searing Shot, which is an amazing attack). Mainly you'll be using Confusion because Incinerate in epicly weak.At level 17, it learns Headbutt, which is nice and strong at this point in the game. It learns Flame Charge at level 25, which raises Victini's Speed afterwards and should replace Incinerate. At level 33, it learns Reversal, but that's hard to pull off with Endure and vulnerable to random Quick Attacks. (Yeah I know, Stupid quick attack!)It picks up a fairly strong Flame Burst at level 41, Zen Headbutt at level 49, and then the Zap Cannon of Burn at level 57: Inferno. It learns moves all the way up to level 97, where it learns Overheat (hardly worth the hassle). Flare Blitz is alright at level 73, but that's still such a long way away you can't even look at it.

Victini has a pretty good movepool for TM's so you might as well us them until you gt some better attacks later... Here's a few: Retaliate, Grass Knot, Thief,and Rock Smash. Switch them around to your liking, but definitely keep its default Confusion. Later on in the game, some good offense moves are Fire Blast (definitely, although lack of PP hurts), Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Charge Beam, and Focus Blast, while some good defensive or support moves to consider are Sunny Day (works great if you throw in SolarBeam!), Light Screen, Thunder Wave, and Substitute.

Victini has access to its better moves like Psychic, Flamethrower, and Psyshock after you've beaten the game.

Victini's stats and diverse movepool make it an incredible Pokemon throughout the game. Though it does level up rather slowly, it can fall behind in levels and still be more effective than probably any of your Pokemon, particularly early on in the game. It's arguably too good to use in-game, and some people have a stigma about using legendary Pokemon while playing through the game, so consider that before considering whether or not you want to let Victini pave your way to victory.

From http://pokemon.marriland.com

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Behold! The strangest thing in existence
    Maggyo.png
    This :L is the wierdest thing I've seen to date :L

My favourites are basically all that's in my team though. I have a soft spot for Mandibuzz though? :L
    I love Snivy, its just too adorable. I like how Serperior is so graceful looking whereas the other two just look kind of bulky to me :L Nothing wrong with them I just like my Pokémon to have some level of grace.
    ....with the exception of my Krokorok of course...that thing is a BAMF in my opinion :D

I love:

reshiram.gif
    swanna.gif
    gochiruzeru.gif
    497.png
    523.png

553.png
    609.png
    614.png
    630.png
    620.png

646.png
    621.png
    584.png
    549.png

I hate:
    505.png
    508.png
    534.png
    537.png
    555.png
    567.png
    598.png
    649.png
    590.png

I hate Foongus...its the Voltorb nightmare al over again >>

The others I'm kinda neutral towards or just like and tolerate. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As most of us know there are 156 new pokemon in B&W so I thought I might help out with getting people to know these pokemon a little better. Once a week (Maybe 2 or 3 times) I will Post a Review on a pokemon and just help you know what to do when you catch one, Ya Know?

Today we are starting with... #000 Victini!
    494_victini_front_norm.png

Well if you've already got the Liberty Pass this might be helpful...

It starts off at level 15 with Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, and Endure (sadly you need to wait until later to reteach Searing Shot, which is an amazing attack). Mainly you'll be using Confusion because Incinerate in epicly weak.At level 17, it learns Headbutt, which is nice and strong at this point in the game. It learns Flame Charge at level 25, which raises Victini's Speed afterwards and should replace Incinerate. At level 33, it learns Reversal, but that's hard to pull off with Endure and vulnerable to random Quick Attacks. (Yeah I know, Stupid quick attack!)It picks up a fairly strong Flame Burst at level 41, Zen Headbutt at level 49, and then the Zap Cannon of Burn at level 57: Inferno. It learns moves all the way up to level 97, where it learns Overheat (hardly worth the hassle). Flare Blitz is alright at level 73, but that's still such a long way away you can't even look at it.

Victini has a pretty good movepool for TM's so you might as well us them until you gt some better attacks later... Here's a few: Retaliate, Grass Knot, Thief,and Rock Smash. Switch them around to your liking, but definitely keep its default Confusion. Later on in the game, some good offense moves are Fire Blast (definitely, although lack of PP hurts), Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Charge Beam, and Focus Blast, while some good defensive or support moves to consider are Sunny Day (works great if you throw in SolarBeam!), Light Screen, Thunder Wave, and Substitute.

Victini has access to its better moves like Psychic, Flamethrower, and Psyshock after you've beaten the game.

Victini's stats and diverse movepool make it an incredible Pokemon throughout the game. Though it does level up rather slowly, it can fall behind in levels and still be more effective than probably any of your Pokemon, particularly early on in the game. It's arguably too good to use in-game, and some people have a stigma about using legendary Pokemon while playing through the game, so consider that before considering whether or not you want to let Victini pave your way to victory.

From http://pokemon.marriland.com

lol idek what happened with this thread (maybe it was locked, moved, merged judging by the post?) but either way, it ended up here and it belongs in the likes/dislikes since it's pretty much just Pokemon discussion.

As for favourites, from playing through, I'm really starting to like Timburr. Its animation is adorable, it doesn't give entirely crap exp and it's so cute. I can't believe I like it now because in the past I used to say "oh no it was ugly" which makes me think I'll probably end up liking Crimgan. D;

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    The majority of the 5th gen pokemon are the ones I like.

The only one I really don't like is garbador; it's pre-evolved form looks much better visually.

Volcarona looks somewhat awkward visually, but it isn't that bad and it's an excellent addition to my team.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • this is the third generation in a row where the fire starter evolves into something disgusting.
    ok ok blaziken was alright but infernape and this... "thing" called emboar are horrible.
    such a shame, tepig is awesome.
    patrat is irritating. why cant we have a cool generic weak rodent pokemon like sentret.
    and why are there so many pokemon from previous generations that we cant get without "poketransfer" or dreamworld? i long for a pokemon game where you can just straight up get all pokemon. i can understand pokemon specific to different versions of the same generation to encourage trading, but all pokemon should be available within a generation.

other than that i like it

I have to agree, thats why i started to hate pkmn games.. because I loved charizard.. and blastoise and venasaur were also cool looking but the fire starters ever since charizard have been getting uglier and more stupid looking while the water and grass starters look awesome

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So, one of the Pokemon I didn't really notice before, Pawniard, looks really awesome and tbh its typing and attacks it can learn makes it seem strong. I think I'm starting to get a new one to add to my favourite "strong" B/W Pokemon.

Also Crimgan doesn't suck as much as I thought.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I love cute and beautiful Pokemon. My faves are Snivy, Purrloin, Simipour, Audino, Leavanny, Whimsicott, Petilil family, Minccino family, Gothita family, Swanna, Deerling, Emolga, Chandelure, Mienfoo family( Especially Mienshao), Virizion, Reshiram, Victini, and Meloetta. (Wow, that's a lot.)

I hate those flying genie things, they are UUUGLYYYY!
    Crygonal gave me a heart attack. It could kill you if you look at it long enough.
    Sigilyph too.^
    I just don't like Cofagrigus and Darmanitan.
    I think Timburr is cute.

I am just neutral to everything else. Though next gen, the Pokemon should have better names.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    Cubchoo is my favorite of the new 156, I think he's adorable :). Other ones I like are Watchog, Krookodile, and Gothitelle. My least favorite is Garbodor, it's a big moving thing of garbage and its cry is really gross sounding.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I hate Vanilluxe. It's like they just gave up on trying to make cool pokemon.

I love Emolga, Sawsbuck, and Klinklang is cool except for that godawful name.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I actually love Vanilluxe. It is really cute and I like it more than Castform, who it looks really similar to. But it's evolutions are just okay to me. They don't bother me as much but they are just really goofy looking.

Years
  • I like all of the designs of the Pokemon in Black and White. They are all so cool and very creative. The one I don't care for as much is Stunfisk but its still good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    B/W Favourites:
    Oshawott
    Herdier
    Simisage
    Zebstrika
    Roggenrola
    Palpitoad
    Whirlipede
    Scolipede
    Lilligant
    Sandile
    Tirtouga
    Emolga
    Foongus
    Elecktross
    Elgyem
    Haxorous
    Cubchoo
    Druddigon (especially the shiny version)
    Bravairy
    Cobalion
    Zekrom

Dislikes:
    Servine
    Pignite
    Simisear
    Boldore
    Maractus
    Sigilyph
    Garbodor
    Mienshao
    Heatmor
    Any if the three genie things
    Genesect

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • it has levitate so ground can't touch it unless Gravity is in play.
    Too answer the question though it is a good pokemon and is worth you time and effort and can be a great asset to your team. unless your team is all electric types.

Back